Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary
That's just plain wrong.

HUCA.
If only the wait times were more bearable...

I've attempted to book this trip 3 times, with 3 different reps. They all seem to be reading off the same script these days.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Called in to add a segment and the person said "we can't do that anymore", what... Is that true? That seems ridiculous to me. I have JFK-AUH-JNB ticketed and just want to add JNB-CPT at the end, same-day, just a normal connection.
Before I call in a second time and brace the wait times, has anyone been able to confirm or deny that the new rules do NOT allow you to retain any current segments when making a change? E.g. if you want to make a change to your itinerary, ALL the segments need to be available, not just the ones you want to change (and you can't add, remove, up-or downgrade a segment for the same reason)? How would this work with a schedule change to a big multi-segment routing if the ENTIRE routing needs to be available for rebooking?
well well well, to answer my own posts - I called again today and after an hour on hold the agent was able to do it just fine. Not even the semblance of that not being possible. Classic HUCA/bad agent case. Added a flight to the existing booking for just the 5k stopover fee + additional taxes.
pentiumvi and fbrdky like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:40 pm

well well well, to answer my own posts - I called again today and after an hour on hold the agent was able to do it just fine. Not even the semblance of that not being possible. Classic HUCA/bad agent case. Added a flight to the existing booking for just the 5k stopover fee + additional taxes.
Thanks for reporting back!
And you were even able to add in a 5k stopover, and not have the itinerary split in 2, or whatever shenanigans everyone else has been dealing with under the new program.
foodmapper likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Thanks for reporting back!
And you were even able to add in a 5k stopover, and not have the itinerary split in 2, or whatever shenanigans everyone else has been dealing with under the new program.
Yep, pretty much got it to work exactly the way it's SUPPOSED to work... Just needed a competent agent. Evidently.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:52 pm

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by SamuelS
Has anyone else figured out how to overcome this pricing disparity, it seems to be very unfair to Western Canada based flyers heading to Europe as an example simply because you cannot get the system to show you the routings that have availability as married segments, even though it's a permitted routing per the reward redemption rules.
We're in the same boat. I've been trying to price out AUH-BCN-YYZ-YVR but the two agents I spoke to keep treating it like 2 one way bounds (AUH-BCN at 45k and BCN-YYZ-YVR at 70k) so around 10,000 points more than it should be according to the chart with the 5,000 points for the stopover. It only seems to happen with AC flights which is frustrating for us on the West Coast trying to get back here from Europe to YYZ/YUL. I've been tinkering with the idea to end my trip all in YUL/YYZ and figure it out later.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had BOM-DEL-YVR-SFO on AI/AC/AC and I changed it to UK/AC/AC with no change in points. I changed it basically day of departure.

I had already flown one bound.

Not sure we can draw any conclusions from this, but it's a data point.
B747-437B and kalderlake like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
YYZ-WAW-KRK(stop)-MUC-AUH-HKT priced out as it should at 90k.
Had to move it a day to when LO was available since there was no way to do it with AC flights on the TATL even though it was showing I class.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: AEROPLAN, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Hello guys, hope some one can help me with this:

I have 2 tickets in J from YVR-TPE got confirm.
After few day I check and able to see 2 J ticket from TPE-HAN, call in and agent able to put them together YVR-TPE-HAN with 3 hours layover and I got the confirm email with the same reference as the original reservation. Then I try to go to EVA website to select my seat but it doesn't let me to, so I double check the reservation on EVA, the segment from TPE-HAN said Booking Status: Waitlist . I call Aeroplan again checking to see what happen, they said EVA air didn't release the seats yet, so I have to wait, but I double check on air Canada website again, able to find 3 J seat on the same flight, confirm able to go to the last page that I can put my name on, so they're not phantom seats. So did the reps wrong or I was wrong? I even ask her to talk to the supervisor but they both said the same.

Should I call and ask them to cancel the whole thing and rebook them on the same flight? or just HUCA till someone can put them together for me?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by ladymama
Hello guys, hope some one can help me with this:

Should I call and ask them to cancel the whole thing and rebook them on the same flight? or just HUCA till someone can put them together for me?
please check if taiwan has lifted the ban on transit passengers. your problem might relate to covid rules or eva might not want to confirm coupon for flights including a transit in taiwan.

https://www.united.com/en/ca/timatic?i=TIMATIC

it looks like all transit are banned currently.

Chinese Taipei - Transit

Passport

Admission and Transit Restrictions:

Passengers are not allowed to transit.

Health

Vaccinations not required

i guess that you need to transit in Japan instead

Japan - Transit

Visa

Visa required.

Visa Exemptions:

Nationals of Canada for a maximum stay of 90 days.

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):

Passengers with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country on the same calendar day. They must stay in the international transit area of the airport and have documents required for the next destination.

Health

Vaccinations not required.
unclepants, YOWgary and kalderlake like this.

Last edited by aznfreak007; Jan 4, 2022 at 12:52 pm
Old Jan 4, 2022, 2:58 pm

Hi aznfreak007,

Thanks the information. The tickets is for the end of the year 2022 so I don't think it's a problem since I have another ticket book able from the website. I had call 2 more time and both time the reps keep saying that I have to wait for EVA Airline to confirm the seats, may take them months. And I even tried to ask them to change the leg TPE-HAN to TPE-SGN, and they said they can not break the segments to change to that. Both time I check still there are like 3-4 seats able to book on the website in both leg TPE-HAN and TPE-SGN. Don't know what happen but I was able to do that many time in the pass years, and never know that aeroplan able to put one of the leg in waitlist when the flight still show up on the website?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:02 pm

Hi aznfreak007,

Thanks the information. The tickets is for the end of the year 2022 so I don't think it's a problem since I have another ticket book able from the website. I had call 2 more time and both time the reps keep saying that I have to wait for EVA Airline to confirm the seats, may take them months. And I even tried to ask them to change the leg TPE-HAN to TPE-SGN, and they said they can not break the segments to change to that. Both time I check still there are like 3-4 seats able to book on the website in both leg TPE-HAN and TPE-SGN. Don't know what happen but I was able to do that many time in the pass years, and never know that aeroplan able to put one of the leg in waitlist when the flight still show up on the website?
1. taiwan might extend transit ban beyond feb 28th 2022, via japan might be a safer bet;
2. is your ticket re-issued? new eticket number? you might want to go to saudia website to verify the status of each coupon (flight) and to see if all the coupons are there.

www.saudia.com/ in manage booking punch in your new e ticket number. replace 065 (saudia) by 014 (air canada) and punch in the rest, don't know if it still works this trick but it should.

when you say "eva airline has to confirm seat", i guess that they meant by confirming award space and re issuing the ticket. somebody might want to comment on this, i guess that it should not take months?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:56 pm

They give me the new e-ticket number.
Thanks for the trick in Saudia website, it still work well, and here is the info:

Trip status: Not confirmed,
YVR-TPE: Status: Paid, Coupon status: Open for use
TPE-HAN: Status: RQ (It mean Waitlist I think), Coupon status: Open for use

First time getting something like this and have no idea what to do next since none of them willing to help, and I'm worries If I just wait, the seat will get taken
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:05 pm

They give me the new e-ticket number.
Thanks for the trick in Saudia website, it still work well, and here is the info:

Trip status: Not confirmed,
YVR-TPE: Status: Paid, Coupon status: Open for use
TPE-HAN: Status: RQ (It mean Waitlist I think), Coupon status: Open for use

First time getting something like this and have no idea what to do next since none of them willing to help, and I'm worries If I just wait, the seat will get taken
status code RQ means waitlisted, i guess that you are not being lied to. before covid, i had a ticket with eva segments and it took only about a day or two to issue.

you need some comments from other folks who had experienced booking eva recently in order to understand the delay. best of luck.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:58 pm

Can you change an Aeroplan flight class mid itinerary? Goal is to fly LH F from ORD/SFO to JNB with a stopover in FRA. I know LH doesn't open F till a few days out, my plan was to book F to FRA then J to JNB with a two week stopover in FRA and then eventually change the J flight to F if availability opens up a few days before. Is this even possible after you've flown your first leg? Anyone done this or something similar before? It would still be the same amount of points too, wouldn't it? 130k?

Thanks for anybody's help!

​​​​
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rygyver
Can you change an Aeroplan flight class mid itinerary? Goal is to fly LH F from ORD/SFO to JNB with a stopover in FRA. I know LH doesn't open F till a few days out, my plan was to book F to FRA then J to JNB with a two week stopover in FRA and then eventually change the J flight to F if availability opens up a few days before. Is this even possible after you've flown your first leg? Anyone done this or something similar before? It would still be the same amount of points too, wouldn't it? 130k?

Thanks for anybody's help!

​​​​
I haven't done it under the new program, but it was always possible before. There won't be a change in points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.