Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options? (new policy effective Q2 2021)

AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options? (new policy effective Q2 2021)

Old Sep 20, 22, 12:34 pm
zam

Originally Posted by yyzwanderer View Post
Similar to one of the posters above, I had my MAD flight rescheduled in December as well, however I dont seem to have the "search for alternate flights" or "I understand" options when I go to review. I'm more or less fine with the new itinerary, will I need to call in just to say yes, all good? (I'd really rather not deal with the call centre wait time for something so simple).
unless the ticket is already completely refundable you might as well retain the optionality in case you do need to change or cancel. You will probably need to confirm the change before checking in.
Old Sep 20, 22, 9:38 pm

Programs: AC*E35
I have an upgraded latitude fare, OGG-YVR-YLW. Theres been a schedule change so theyve given me the option to switch to a united flight to San Francisco.

when I click flight options it says we are in business $0 change fee. But on the confirmation screen it then says economy. Does anyone know what will happen. Its an ac codeshare flight on united metal.
Old Sep 20, 22, 9:43 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by highlander88 View Post
I have an upgraded latitude fare, OGG-YVR-YLW. Theres been a schedule change so theyve given me the option to switch to a united flight to San Francisco.

when I click flight options it says we are in business $0 change fee. But on the confirmation screen it then says economy. Does anyone know what will happen. Its an ac codeshare flight on united metal.
If you take the option on United, barring a glitch of some sort, you'll be in Y.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 21, 22, 10:33 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .90MM, Marriott Gold, Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
A couple of weeks ago I booked a return trip (in J) to the Caribbean in Nov. Return flight got me into YYZ in the early afternoon, with plenty of time to connect to YHZ.

This week I received a notice of schedule change. Now the return flight doesn't arrive into YYZ until later in the evening and there are no connections available to YHZ, resulting in an unplanned overnight stay.

I sent a not to concierge asking if AC would pay for my accommodations in YYZ since I had no alternative but an overnight stay. Concierge responded and suggested that:
a) I could change my flight (there is no option that does not involve an overnight stay)
b) cancel my flight (not really an option since I already paid for the vacation); or
c) submit my hotel receipt after the fact to customer relations and hope for a full, or partial payment of the expense (this one is very laughable)

I was hoping that a combination of my status (SE) and J booking might help. Any suggestions??
Old Sep 21, 22, 1:05 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller View Post
c) submit my hotel receipt after the fact to customer relations and hope for a full, or partial payment of the expense (this one is very laughable)
In all honestly, I've had some luck with this option in the past.
Old Sep 22, 22, 12:28 pm

Help! AC Fight Switched from 787 to 737max

Hello,
I new here so sorry if I posted this wrong.
My Wife and booked flights from the US west coast to YYZ on Areoplan points in Business. I intentionally booked the 787 for the lie flat seats but today got a notice that the flight changed and it will now be one the 737 with AC's regional business class product. Is there anything we can do?
Thanks A lot!
Old Sep 22, 22, 12:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Sounds like YYZ-SFO. Select days have changed from the 787 to the 737. You may have to switch days to maintain the 787 flight as there is only one per day in the fall judging by the schedule.
Old Sep 22, 22, 12:48 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Thtok View Post
Hello,
I new here so sorry if I posted this wrong.
My Wife and booked flights from the US west coast to YYZ on Areoplan points in Business. I intentionally booked the 787 for the lie flat seats but today got a notice that the flight changed and it will now be one the 737 with AC's regional business class product. Is there anything we can do?
Thanks A lot!
You'd be able to get a reroute on an alternative flight that offers lieflat, but otherwise you aren't owed anything. Perhaps they might through you a discount code if you write in.
Old Sep 22, 22, 6:33 pm

I am new here and I know this thread is very long so my question may have been answered but I am slightly panicking at the moment.

My flight itinerary is IAH>YYZ>YHZ for September 28th. This afternoon I received an email that the YYZ>YHZ leg had been cancelled and I had been automatically rebooked. However, when I click the link to confirm the change, I get a pop-up on AC's website that says a portion of my trip has been cancelled and I can call or continue to cancel the rest of my trip. I can see the itinerary matches what was emailed to me, so for all intents it looks like I have been rebooked, but there is no way to confirm.

Have I actually been rebooked and its still too early on for it to register on the website/app?

I'm sitting on hold waiting, but I know it's going to take a few hours and someone here may get to my question faster.
Old Sep 22, 22, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by anxiousflyer00 View Post
I am new here and I know this thread is very long so my question may have been answered but I am slightly panicking at the moment.

My flight itinerary is IAH>YYZ>YHZ for September 28th. This afternoon I received an email that the YYZ>YHZ leg had been cancelled and I had been automatically rebooked. However, when I click the link to confirm the change, I get a pop-up on AC's website that says a portion of my trip has been cancelled and I can call or continue to cancel the rest of my trip. I can see the itinerary matches what was emailed to me, so for all intents it looks like I have been rebooked, but there is no way to confirm.

Have I actually been rebooked and its still too early on for it to register on the website/app?

I'm sitting on hold waiting, but I know it's going to take a few hours and someone here may get to my question faster.
What does the cowtool say about your reservation?
https://api.ft.canadiancow.com/pnr/pnr
Old Sep 22, 22, 6:52 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by anxiousflyer00 View Post
I am new here
Welcome to FT

This sounds like a website display glitch rather than a problem with your booking. Give the app a chance to refresh, or delete the booking and add it back, and it may look normal.

To give yourself peace of mind, you may want to consult the PNR viewer built by @canadiancow, which can pull some information from AC and spit out a very simple result that should show you whether the booking is okay. If the re-booked segments show as status as HK, you're fine.
Old Sep 22, 22, 7:20 pm

Thank you so much! You (and the people I'm visiting) were right, I just needed to give the website time to update. The customer service rep was able to confirm the change over the phone for me and now everything is back to normal instead of the cancellation pop-ups. Other places are full of so many cancellation horror stories that I sliiiiightly jumped the gun on panicking.
Old Sep 22, 22, 9:26 pm

Programs: AC E75K, MR/SPG Plat Ambassador, UA G
If I book YYZ->BOG J for February and it gets Rouged by then (it's just on the cusp of Rouge range with the narrowbodies), can I cancel and get a refund?
Old Sep 22, 22, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by yyz_consulted View Post
If I book YYZ->BOG J for February and it gets Rouged by then (it's just on the cusp of Rouge range with the narrowbodies), can I cancel and get a refund?
It's not going to be rouged. They're doing a lot of cargo on the YYZ/YUL-BOG routes, and the passenger cabins seem to be pretty full.

But yes, if you buy J and they rouge it, you'll be in "PY" and should be entitled to a refund, if you want it. You could also ask them to re-route you in J via EWR or IAH on UA, although those will be narrowbodies too. UA used to run 757s with pods from IAH, but COVID appears to have killed that.
Old Sep 23, 22, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Welcome to FT

This sounds like a website display glitch rather than a problem with your booking. Give the app a chance to refresh, or delete the booking and add it back, and it may look normal.

To give yourself peace of mind, you may want to consult the PNR viewer built by @canadiancow, which can pull some information from AC and spit out a very simple result that should show you whether the booking is okay. If the re-booked segments show as status as HK, you're fine.
If you're getting the cancellation popup, there's probably a UN segment somewhere. There may also be a rebooked TK segment. I'd probably want the UN removed, though I have definitely flown PNRs with UN segments on them. It just means the app is useless for the booking until after the UN segment departure (or arrival?) time has passed.

Search this Thread