Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[OVER 48 HOURS FROM DEPARTURE] AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[OVER 48 HOURS FROM DEPARTURE] AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canopus27
I agree it's not definitive - but as the OP has a business ticket on an international (signature class) flight, then they would probably be entitled to concierge access, do you agree? I know there is no concierge in SAN, but if they take the flight to YUL and misconnect there, then the YUL concierge should be able to help them at that point.
No. Pre-Aeroplan 2.0, Aeroplan redemptions were explicitly not eligible for concierge access, and they have not updated the terms.

So I'd actually say they would probably not be entitled.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
No. Pre-Aeroplan 2.0, Aeroplan redemptions were explicitly not eligible for concierge access, and they have not updated the terms.

So I'd actually say they would probably not be entitled.
Huh, ok.

Knowledge. I love it
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by canadiancow
All I'm saying is that the only documentation on concierge access has not been updated since before there were flexible Aeroplan bookings. Maybe they intend for you to have access, maybe not.

Either way, you're correct that at SAN, as a non-SE, it's a moot point, since they don't have a concierge.
I’m confused. AC’s website does state that
Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access.
But yes, only two signature lounges exist….

And- on the concierge service page for International Business Class:

Concierge Service

Eligibility: Customers on an Air Canada-operated flight originally booked and ticketed in Air Canada Signature Class (J, C, D, Z or P class) or on Aeroplan Business Class Flexible Reward are eligible for select concierge services.
You won’t get phone service, but seems like you may have access at a station with concierge service? No?
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by alwaysflyingLA; Jul 1, 2022 at 5:23 pm
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alwaysflyingLA

You won’t get phone service, but seems like you may have access at a station with concierge service? No?
This may be the stated policy. That said, when you enquire about concierge, invariably you get asked if you have SE status...
alwaysflyingLA likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Yes, they're all "co-terminals", so AC should be able to accommodate you.

No.
Adam. Thank you so much for your help. I was able to switch to a flight from Vancouver to Toronto to Washington Dulles.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alwaysflyingLA
I’m confused. AC’s website does state that
But yes, only two signature lounges exist….

And- on the concierge service page for International Business Class:

My bad. The top Google result for AC concierge had very different phrasing.

So yes, business flexible is eligible, but it's irrelevant at SAN. And honestly good luck at YUL on an ITI connection.
alwaysflyingLA likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
Thanks all. This sounds like it will be a wonderful flight getting to Barcelona on AC. I will very much be looking forward to my AF La Premier return!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:48 pm

Thanks PDXbased1K for bringing this to my attention as a not-SE with a Business Flexible booking. I was with the Cow in assuming Business Flexible tickets don't have concierge access since this site says otherwise: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...-services.html, but I guess it does. And I'm sure the actual concierge will say something else since they work at the airport.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:49 pm

Routing through Japan

I have a ANA flight from Perth connecting in Japan to an AC flight to YVR. If I read the ANA website correctly the Perth flight is currently suspended with the possibility it may be operating in time for our flight in November.

My question is, in the event the ANA flight remains suspended, will Aeroplan reroute us or simply cancel.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by john2003
I have a ANA flight from Perth connecting in Japan to an AC flight to YVR. If I read the ANA website correctly the Perth flight is currently suspended with the possibility it may be operating in time for our flight in November.

My question is, in the event the ANA flight remains suspended, will Aeroplan reroute us or simply cancel.
You will most likely be rerouted via SYD (VA/AC)
You ll have to call in, and if you can get thru, they will reroute you
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by john2003

What is this? Why would people put up with it?

You have a ticket, you have a contract. Airlines are not supposed to cancel unilaterally. True that schedule i not part of the contract, nd thst rescheduling does not suit you, you might accept a cancellation as possibly suggested by the airline. But let us keep a sense of perspective here. Don't lower your pants until that's the least bad scenario.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:11 am

I appreciate tte encouraging replies. My apprehension comes from a lack of confidence as so much seems broken at the moment . I shall put my worries away for now. VA also flies to BNE from Perth so there are two viable alternatives.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:11 am

Programs: DL
Sorry if this is the wrong thread... I am booked on SFO/YYZ/FCO for Tuesday with a 1 hour connection; AC740 to YYZ and AC890 to FCO. It appears that this connection has been literally impossible for the past two weeks, as the first segment has been delayed 2+ hours every single day and while the second segment was sometimes delayed as well, it would be very tough to make it.

I am on an Economy Latitude fare, in J via eUpgrades and I did not want to risk an economy downgrade, so I decided to just book a new route on LH via LifeMiles. I still need to use my return flight on AC though, and presumably now need to cancel the AC outbound. Is AC going to give me any trouble doing this (reprice?), and do I need to call Aeroplan (currently closed) or can I call AC directly? Can I just miss the flight and call later, or do I risk cancellation if I don't call before the outbound departs? I could wait for it to be officially delayed as well, if that would get me anything.

Sorry for all the questions, I don't often fly AC! I have 25k status at least.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
I would switch to the 7:45 am to YUL - you have 3 hour buffer to get the flight to FCO.

The 7:45 has been arriving less than an hour late for the last week (Flightaware)

The AC892 to FCO has also been leaving an hour late or more for the last week.

You will end up arriving slightly before your YYZ-FCO flight.

Also, YUL has an easy international connection and great fresh food in the lounge.
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
There are at least 9J tickets for YUL to FCO, so excellent chance you will get one. The SFO to YUL has 1J, probably not get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.