FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   FLL and MIA considered same destination? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2042356-fll-mia-considered-same-destination.html)

pretzlaff Jun 11, 2021 12:01 pm

FLL and MIA considered same destination?

The flights from Florida to YUL and YYZ have changed quite a bit since my booking. One flight was simply cancelled and not replaced from MIA to YUL. When I call, will they allow me to change MIA to FLL? Do they consider the two airports to be co-located/ the same destination/ or whatever AC calls it? I believe United allows such changes.

etkuo Jun 11, 2021 12:08 pm

Yes, AC considers FLL/MIA as common rated/sister airports.

pretzlaff Jun 11, 2021 12:15 pm

Thanks. Any chance of PBI being included? As I think about entirely avoiding south Florida traffic....

etkuo Jun 11, 2021 1:08 pm

PBI is not classified under common rated/sister cities. However, it *is* listed under 320km/200mile rule.

I believe under IRROPS or schedule change they are allowed to rebook you to airports within the 320km/200mile radius.

Not sure when your flight is, but if MIA/FLL-YUL is affected, then it might be unlikely that they will be operating PBI on those dates.

Adam Smith Jun 11, 2021 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by etkuo (Post 33321471)
I believe under IRROPS or schedule change they are allowed to rebook you to airports within the 320km/200mile radius.

Correct. The current schedule change policy should allow for it.

We did have someone report having difficulty in swapping YVR for YCD or YYJ recently though, even though that should have been permitted, so it may require finding an agent who's knowledgable or willing to look up the policy.

tcook052 Jun 11, 2021 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by pretzlaff (Post 33321314)
Do they consider the two airports to be co-located/ the same destination/ or whatever AC calls it?

Most airlines call airports in close proximity "co-terminals".

IluvSQ Jun 14, 2021 1:41 pm

I always thought PBI was co-terminal with FLL and MIA???

sydneyracquelle Jun 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ (Post 33328271)
I always thought PBI was co-terminal with FLL and MIA???

I lived in south Fla for many years. AC always considered MIA/FLL sister airports but not PBI. At the time AC was trying to cater to the Palm Beach crowd and charged premium pricing for PBI.

royal757 Jun 24, 2021 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle (Post 33344032)
I lived in south Fla for many years. AC always considered MIA/FLL sister airports but not PBI. At the time AC was trying to cater to the Palm Beach crowd and charged premium pricing for PBI.

correct, if I remember correctly they used to operate mainline A320's to PBI (as "premium") but always had Rouge for MIA and FLL.

sydneyracquelle Jun 24, 2021 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by royal757 (Post 33354216)
correct, if I remember correctly they used to operate mainline A320's to PBI (as "premium") but always had Rouge for MIA and FLL.

In my day it was Tango not Rouge.