Search

YYZ - Victoria expectations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2021, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
YYZ - Victoria expectations

Hi all,

It's been awhile since I've flown with AC, but was fortunate to pick up a great deal on the YYZ-YYJ non-stop in the front cabin near the end of the summer. I'm more excited about this trip than normal for domestic BC, both because it's been so long without travel (thanks Covid) and is a route I've never taken. That said, I'd like to get some idea what to expect in the way of service on this 5+ hour flight. I know it's normally a Rouge route and their flights of this distance tend to be underwhelming, but I seem to have lucked into an actual "operated by Air Canada" plane. The reviews I could find were either for Rouge on the route or a recent complaint that the BC breakfast consisted of a box with no hot food. If I know this in advance it will just be a matter of showing up to the ML Lounge a little earlier for breakfast. Thanks for any input.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyzflyer
Hi all,

It's been awhile since I've flown with AC, but was fortunate to pick up a great deal on the YYZ-YYJ non-stop in the front cabin near the end of the summer. I'm more excited about this trip than normal for domestic BC, both because it's been so long without travel (thanks Covid) and is a route I've never taken. That said, I'd like to get some idea what to expect in the way of service on this 5+ hour flight. I know it's normally a Rouge route and their flights of this distance tend to be underwhelming, but I seem to have lucked into an actual "operated by Air Canada" plane. The reviews I could find were either for Rouge on the route or a recent complaint that the BC breakfast consisted of a box with no hot food. If I know this in advance it will just be a matter of showing up to the ML Lounge a little earlier for breakfast. Thanks for any input.
@yyzflyer
I assume you're on AC 195 at 08:10? For some dates I checked, it shows an A321. The flight time is listed as 5hrs 9min, so only a bit longer than to YVR.

Based on my frequent YYZ-YVR flights since December (and my photos in the meal thread), breakfast was initially various cold items in the box. They're now back to serving the hot omelette which has sides of fruit, plus yogurt with oats & nuts, a croissant in cellophane. As noted in the meal thread, currently, coffee and tea are black or with powdered cream on many flights. I've yet to see the creamers return but others have seen them, so YMMV. Other details of the meal service are also in the thread. Service overall is minimal as crews prefer not to interact. Of course, some or all of this may change again by end of summer.

Was there anything else you wanted to know?
yyzflyer likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 11:06 am
Original Poster

That's very helpful. A week after we travel I note the route is reverting to Rouge. I'm about to go read the meal thread. Are folks stealing creamers from the MLL to use inflight?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyzflyer
That's very helpful. A week after we travel I note the route is reverting to Rouge. I'm about to go read the meal thread. Are folks stealing creamers from the MLL to use inflight?
There are no creamers in the MLL. There is no buffet and guests do not get to touch food or drink. Staff hand you what you choose from what is available (also in the MLL thread), or you can order one of the hot options using the QR codes on the tables where you sit.

If any or all of this sounds ike a lot of changes since you last flew or were in the YYZ MLL, post your questions and I'm sure folks will help.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I've done this route once during the pandemic, and have flown it a lot of times prior to the pandemic. It's not classified as PLH like YYZ-YVR, and it's always narrowbody (aside from when it was sometimes a Rouge 767), so I do try to avoid it if I have time to connect in YVR.

In the pandemic times I'd expect the same service as any other route over 2 hours, in the morning that will mean an omelette. In normal times, it has a reduced menu compared to PLH routes, served on a single tray.
24left likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I've done this route once during the pandemic, and have flown it a lot of times prior to the pandemic. It's not classified as PLH like YYZ-YVR, and it's always narrowbody (aside from when it was sometimes a Rouge 767), so I do try to avoid it if I have time to connect in YVR.

In the pandemic times I'd expect the same service as any other route over 2 hours, in the morning that will mean an omelette. In normal times, it has a reduced menu compared to PLH routes, served on a single tray.
Thank you - that was my guess. It's sounds like CLT to the west coast on AA - transcontinental, but not really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.