Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada eUpgrade program (October 2020 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]

Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith

Note: This is a long wiki, with nearly 50 Q&As. If you only see 3 or 4 questions, then find and click on the "Show more" link which can be found at the very end of the last text you see in this wiki window

Table of Contents (note the links below only work on desktop if you have expanded the wiki as described above)

Basics Back to top

Q: What is an eUpgrade?
A: eUpgrades (sometimes referred to as eUps) are a benefit of elite status with AC that allow elites to upgrade to a higher cabin (business class / Signature class, a.k.a. J, or premium economy, a.k.a. PY or PE).

Q: Are eUps automatic, like on Delta/AA/United?
A: No, you have to request one online or with a phone agent. You have to have sufficient eUpgrade credits (which, like the concept of eUpgrades, are often referred to as "eUps"), with an expiry date at least equal to the date of your flight, to make the request. If you dont request an eUp, AC has no problem letting you sit in your original cabin, even if it means letting seats in J/PY go out empty.

Q: How many eUpgrade credits do I need for my flight?
A: Here's the official eUp chart (last updated by AC in October 2020; current as of at least December 2023)

Q: How are the number of required eUpgrade credits calculated for multi-segment itineraries? Is it by adding the cost of upgrading each segment individually, or for the end-to-end journey?
A: As long as your travel is continuous (without a >24hr stopover), then the number of eUpgrade credits required is for the end-to-end journey. Example, if you are travelling from YVR-YYZ-FRA, then the cost of upgrading both segments will be the same as though you had just a single segment from YVR-FRA. In some cases this may mean that a shorter segment is "free" (has no marginal cost). Note that you must clear each segment individually.

If you request an eUpgrade for AAA-BBB-CCC, but only the BBB-CCC segment clears, you will be charged eUp credits applicable only to the upgraded leg.

Q: Im booked in economy on an aircraft with both PY and J cabins. Can I request an upgrade to both?
A:
No. You can request PY only, or you can request J and be listed for both J and PY.

Q: Can I confirm an upgrade to PY, then request an upgrade to J?
A:
Nope. Once you confirm a PY upgrade, thats it.

Q: If I dont clear my upgrade to J, can I still get upgraded to PY?
A:
Yes, if your upgrade doesnt clear until the gate, you will be on the list for both J and PY, including the seats newly-vacated by people booked in PY who cleared their eUp to J at the gate.

Q: Are eUps guaranteed once they're confirmed?
A:
Not quite. For example, you won't get bumped out of an eUp just because somebody with higher status requested one after yours was confirmed. However, in very rare circumstances, for example if your plane gets swapped for one with a smaller (or no) business cabin, you might lose your eUp. See this thread for details. Further note that Air Canada generally takes the approach that a downgrade-from-eUp for operational reasons (equipment change, broken seat, etc) shall not receive any meaningful compensation, since you flew in the cabin you paid for.

Timing & Availability Back to top

Q: When can I request an eUpgrade?
A: You can request an upgrade as soon as you book the flight, with the exception of the travel companion benefit (person on same flight but not on same PNR; see below for details). Travel companion eUpgrade requests need to be made by airport staff after the flight opens for check-in.

Q: When can I confirm (or "clear") my eUpgrade?
A: You have to be within the "clearance window" that applies to your status and fare type. The windows are detailed in the AC eUp requirements document.

Q: Can you be more specific?
A:
All upgrades that clear in advance of the gate are subject to upgrade space being available. In addition:
  • for flexible fares (Latitude and Premium Economy Flexible): If upgrade space is available (more on that below) you can confirm an eUpgrade immediately after booking, even months in advance.
  • for non-flexible fares (Standard, Flex, Comfort, Premium Economy Lowest): You have to be within the clearance window in the document linked above, which ranges from 3-14 days, depending on fare brand, route, and status.
Exception: if you have no status, you can only clear an upgrade on a Latitude or Premium Economy Flexible fare 7 days in advance (non-flexible fares cannot be upgraded).

Q: What does "upgrade space" mean?
A:
Upgrade space (also known as R space - see below) refers to the number of seats that Air Canada are prepared to let people upgrade in to, in advance. This is not the same as the number of business seats that are available for sale. If Air Canada think that they will be able to sell all of the business seats on a plane (by the time of the flight) then they might not make any upgrade space available for that flight, even a full year in advance.

Q: I see a lot of people talking about "R space" or "R0", what does that mean?
A:
In short, R is the fare bucket Air Canada uses to make eUpgrade space available. If R is greater than zero, there are eUp spaces still available. If R = 0, then anyone who's requested an eUp will be waitlisted.

Q: What if I only want to upgrade to Premium Economy?
A:
Replace "R" with "N".

Q: The AC website tells me whether my upgrade request will be confirmed or waitlisted. Is it reliable?
A:
No. The website may tell you youll be waitlisted, when in fact your upgrade will be confirmed right away. Or it may say theres space available even though youll be waitlisted. This is true of both the upgrade availability displayed during the booking flow as well as the eUpgrade website. The only exception being that if youre outside your clearance window, the website should pretty reliably tell you that youll be waitlisted.

If the website tells you youll be upgraded, then waitlists you, you may be able to phone in to have the eUpgrade cleared, or not. If theres R space, its likely they will be able to clear the upgrade.

Q: Im waitlisted on a flight thats R0. Will AC release more R space before the flight? Do I have to wait until the flight to find out whether Im upgraded?
A:
AC might release more R space tomorrow (or clear your upgrade without creating any R space). Or they might never clear any more upgrades on that flight. If youre still waitlisted, your upgrade may clear at the gate.

Q: What does at the gate mean?
A:
The upgrade list is typically processed 5 minutes after check-in for the flight closes. Check-in generally closes 45 minutes before domestic flights and 1 hour before international flights, meaning the upgrade list gets run at T-40 or T-55, as applicable (although occasionally it will be delayed). Even if your upgrade doesnt clear at that point, its theoretically possible to still be upgraded if someone else in the cabin doesnt show up.

Q: Is there a way to check my position on the upgrade list? To ensure I am on the list?
A: The mobile app will have a "Standby and Upgrade" list available at T-24 hours on the Flight Status page. Note that the order of the list may not be the order in which they process eUpgrades and only people checked in will show on the list. If you are upgraded you will receive a check mark beside your name?

Q: I boarded the plane but am still hoping for an upgrade; however, my name is no longer on the list? Does that mean I won't get upgraded?
A: Once you are marked as boarded in the system your name will no longer appear on the mobile app. There is much debate on what policy is once boarded; however, many feel "You Board, You Lose" and once boarded you are not likely to be upgraded using eUpgrades as the gate agents must process that transaction manually.

Q: So is there a chance that my upgrade might clear after I have boarded?
A: Probably not. Although this has happened on occasion, it's not a normal or automated or routine occurrence. Generally speaking, once you have boarded your name is removed from the upgrade list and you'll be sitting in the seat you boarded for. See this thread for details.

Q: How can I find the R space for my flight?
A:
Using a paid service like ExpertFlyer. If you ask nicely and don't overdo it, many FTers with EF accounts will help you in the Official Fare Bucket Check Request Thread.

Q: So, WHEN should I check for R space for my flight?
A:
This depends on your status and what kind of fare you have, so please read and keep in mind the confirmation windows mentioned above.
  • If you have (or are about to purchase) a flexible fare (Latitude and Premium Economy Flexible), then by all means check now since your upgrade could also clear immediately. If your plans are flexible, this can be a useful strategy to help find specific flights that could clear immediately well before the normal confirmation windows.
  • If you dont have one of the flexible fares mentioned, R space viewed on something like ExpertFlyer is only useful when you get close to your confirmation window. Checking before that is probably a waste of time.

Q: I heard a rumour that paid Latitude fares can eUp even when R=0. Is this true?
A:
Sometimes; it's complicated. Senior execs at Aeroplan have said that in some cases a Latitude or PE Flex cash fare (including Flight Pass Latitude Bookings) might clear an eUp even when R=0, but they've also been very clear that they will not be releasing the exact method by which this is determined, and that the same thing is less-often true for award Latitude / PE Flex. In other words, it may happen but don't assume it, and there are lots of times when it simply never happens.

Q: My flight shows R=1 (or more), and I'm within my window, but my upgrade has not cleared.
Answer depends on how close you are to the flight.
  • Within 36 hours of departure Your upgrade can't clear until the gate.
  • More than 36 hours from departure: Cancelling the request and then requesting again may solve it. Or you may be able to solve it by phoning in. Or you may not, because it's AC.

Q: I have a pending upgrade and I am looking at the mobile app - who are all those other people listed?
A:
The list shows everyone who wants to sit in a cabin that they're not currently confirmed in. If you see a name listed for both PY and J, they're trying to upgrade from Y; names listed only for J are trying to upgrade from PY.

Q: What are my chances of clearing an eUp for [FLIGHT] on [DATE] if I have [STATUS]?
A:
All we can do is make an educated guess. Lots of business travel gets booked last minute, or pilots need to reposition, or any of a dozen other things that might turn J9 in to J0 just before departure.

Q: But the seat map shows [x] seats occupied. Surely that means my odds are [good][bad]?
A: STOP LOOKING AT THE SEAT MAP. STOP LOOKING AT THE SEAT MAP. STOP LOOKING AT THE SEAT MAP.

Seriously, stop looking at the seat map. The seat map is not an accurate guide to the number of seats available in the cabin. Many people do not select their seats when booking, which can mean more seats have been sold than show as occupied on the seat map. On the other hand, due to IT glitches, seats are sometimes shown as blocked when there are waitlisted eUps or staff members on passes (see this thread for details). So the seat map may show more seats available than there truly are, or fewer. Or it may be correct. Theres no way to know for sure.

So stop looking at the seat map.

Q: I see people talking about "Aerolotto", what is that? Can I bet eUps?
A:
Aerolotto is a slang term for waiting at the gate to see if your eUp clears, or you're stuck in the original seat you paid for.

Q: I want to upgrade my flight on date X, but all my eUps expire on date Y, where Y < X. Can I upgrade?
A: NO. To eUp any flight, at any time, you need to have credits that are still valid on the date of the flight.

Earning and Validity Back to top

Q: How long are eUpgrades good for? When do they expire?
A: It depends on when the eUpgrade is deposited in your account.
  • eUpgrade earned January 1st - June 30th: Valid until January 15th of next calendar year
  • eUpgrade earned July 1st - December 31st: Valid until January 15th two calendar years later

Q: When do I need to use them by?
A: An eUpgrade needs to be used for a flight departing prior to 23:59 local time (where your flight departs) on the day your eUpgrade expires.

Q: Can I delay picking my benefits package until after July 1st to have eUpgrades have the later expiry year?
A: Yes. Picking your benefit after July 1st will have your eUpgrades deposited with an expiry year two years after the deposit date.

Q: I have an Amex Reserve / VISA VIP card that offers eUpgrade rollover. When I try to apply eUpgrades to a flight next year, it doesn't work. Why?
A: The eUpgrade rollover feature does not extend the expiry date of your eUpgrades. Those eUpgrades will expire, and you'll be issued new eUpgrades with a new expiry date. The T&C of these programs state that the rollover eUpgrades will be deposited by March 30, but it in 2022 and 2023 they were deposited before the end of January. Because of this quirk, it is not possible to use eUpgrades that would be rolled over. This thread on Aeroplan rollover benefits has more detailed information.

Q: Can I buy eUpgrades?
A: No. Generally you can only earn eUpgrades through a benefit package or SQM thresholds.

Upgrading Multiple Passengers Back to top

Q: I want to use my eUp credits to upgrade somebody else. Is this possible?
Are they on the same booking (PNR) as you?
  • Yes: You can upgrade a maximum of three passengers on a booking. If the booking has more than three passengers, you can't request an upgrade for any of them, before the day of travel. You can split the booking so that it has at most three passengers, then upgrade it, although splitting bookings can come with other, negative consequences.
  • No, but theyre on the same flight: You can request the upgrade at the airport on the day of travel; AC refers to this as upgrading a "travel companion".
  • No, and theyre not on the same flight: No, unless youre Super Elite. If youre Super Elite, you can designate a nominee, and you can upgrade this person on any flight theyre on. Your nominee selection stays in effect until January 17th of each year, and you only get one per status year. You cannot upgrade anyone else on your nominee's PNR.

Q: I'm trying to upgrade a travel companion on my flight, but the agent has no idea how. What do I do?
A: Tell the agent to go to the "customer" tab, select "upgrade", then select "use other FQTV".

Q: What's the maximum number of people I can upgrade on a flight
Are you Super Elite?
  • No: 5 (yourself + two people on the same PNR + two travel companions)
  • Yes: 6 (yourself + two people on the same PNR + two travel companions + nominee)

Q: I am SE and want to upgrade my nominee but they are on a PNR with multiple people and the system won't let me? Why not? What now?
A:
You can't have multiple people on the same PNR living in different cabins so the eUpgrade system will not allow you to request the eUpgrade. You may need to call in to AC (or Aeroplan if it is a flight reward) and ask them to split the PNR so that the person you want to upgrade is on their own PNR, at which point your eUpgrade should be fine. This shouldn't impact the ticket or incur a fee. But once you split the PNR you cannot join it back.

Q: I am SE and want to upgrade my nominee and their companion traveling on the same PNR. Is this possible?
A:
No.

Q: Can I upgrade my nominee on a flight that departs after January 17th?
A:
Yes, you should be able to upgrade them on any flight, regardless of departure date (subject to having eUps with sufficient validity).

Payments and Refunds Back to top

Q: If I don't get upgraded, or my flight gets cancelled, do I get the eUps back?
A:
Yes, eUps get refunded if your upgrade doesn't clear or your flight is cancelled (whether AC cancels it or you do). This should happen automatically shortly after the flight in most cases. If your eUps don't get returned to your account, fill out the form on this page.

Q: The eUpgrade I want to use has an additional cost. When will I be charged?
A:
eUpgrade add-ons are charged to your credit card when the eUpgrade is cleared, although AC may place a hold on the card before that.

Q: I'm a Super Elite and I'm still being charged for add-ons. Why?
A:
Super Elites are only exempt from eUpgrade add-on charges on international business-class flights (except for Standard tickets.)

Q: Will I be refunded my add-on payment if I cancel a booking that successfully cleared an eUpgrade?
A: There are no refunds on add-on payments.

Q: I paid extra for a Preferred Seat in Economy, does that fee get refunded if my upgrade request is successful?
A: There is no refund on preferred seats if you are upgraded.

Q: Do I earn Status Qualifying Dollars (SQD) for any eUpgrade add-on fees?
A: Yes, eUpgrade add-on fees paid where applicable earn SQD. This applies to fares paid in cash and with Aeroplan points. The SQD from the add-on will post as a separate transaction and may not post at the same time as the SQM/SQS/SQD from the flight itself.

Q: Who earns the SQD? If I upgraded someone using my eUps, do I get it?
A: SQD is earned by the passenger who was eUpgraded who paid for the eUps or for the add-on doesnt matter.

Priority for eUps Back to top

Q: What is the priority for eUpgrades?
A:
Upgrade priority at the gate:
  1. Cabin: If you're in PY, you're ahead of everyone in Y
    • Note: for upgrades to PY only, the requested cabin also appears to matter - AC appears to process anyone who requested, and didn't receive, an eUp to J, before those who requested an upgrade to PY (i.e. a 25K on a Flex fare who requested, but failed to clear, an upgrade to J would get a PY upgrade before an SEMM on a Latitude fares who only requested an eUp to PY). Note that this has not yet been extensively tested by FTers and is based on order on the publicly available upgrade list
  2. Status: There are several sub-priorities within status, listed in order of importance:
    1. Elite status; VIP > SE > 75K > 50K > 35K > 25K
    2. MM status; 2MM+ (no distinction between 2MM, 3MM, etc) outranks MMs, who outrank those with MM status
    3. Do you have a Premium credit card (TD/CIBC VIP or Amex Reserve) or not? (Other cards convey no eUp priority benefit)
    • To illustrate: any VIP > SE 2MM+ with credit card > SE 2MM+ > SE MM with credit card > SE MM > SE with credit card > SE > any 75K
    • If two passengers are on the PNR, the priority might be based on the highest status, regardless of who requested the upgrade, per this post
  3. "Fare": Brand comes first (PF > PL; LT > CO > FL > ST), so a low Comfort fare is higher priority than Flex M. Within a brand, fare class matters. If you bought your ticket through another airline, and you don't have a brand, they infer a brand based on the fare class.
    Fare class hierarchy:
    • PY fares: O > E > A > N
    • Y fares: Y > B > M > U > H > Q > V > W > S > T > L > K > G
  4. Check-in time: As indicated by your sequence number

Upgrade priority prior to the gate is similar, with possible exceptions for full-fare (Latitude / Premium Economy Flexible) bookings. In the old system, a 25K on a Latitude fare would be ahead of a SE on a Premium Economy Lowest fare prior to the gate. Time of upgrade request replaces check-in time.

Q: How can I tell where I rank for an upgrade?
A:
After check-in opens, the AC app has an upgrade list where you can see the people on the waitlist for J and PY. Note that the list is not only for eUps, but also includes customers on standby and some employees travelling on passes, and possibly others.

Q: How do those other things rank relative to eUpgrades?
A:
Staff on pass travel generally rank below eUps, while others may effectively rank ahead of or behind eUps.

Q: Is the app always correct?
A:
Unfortunately not. Sometimes the order is wrong, and sometimes people are missing from the list entirely even though theyre actually on the waitlist for an upgrade (and we have numerous reports of eUps clearing even when people werent showing on the public list)

eUpgrades & Partner Airlines Back to top

Q: Can I use eUps if I credit my mileage on an Air Canada flight to another airline?
A:
Yes. To request an eUpgrade, your Aeroplan number has to be on the file. Crediting to another FFP requires changing your Aeroplan number after check-in.

Q: Can I use eUps on partner operated flights (such as United, Lufthansa, etc)?
A:
No, you can only use eUps on flights operated by aircraft with "Air Canada" written on the outside.

Q: Can I use eUps on an Air Canada operated flight that was booked through a partner?
Answer depends on what type of booking you have made.
  • Cash tickets (i.e. not points): Yes, but with some complexity as to when and how you can request the upgrade.
    Is your AC flight a codeshare (a flight marketed by the other airline but operated by AC, e.g. marketed as UA5678, operated by AC as AC1234)?
    • No: you should be able to request it as usual via the eUp site
    • Yes: you can eUpgrade that -- but not before the day of the flight. You may only request an upgrade with an Air Canada agent at the airport, or at the departure gate on your day of travel.
  • Points tickets (United MileagePlus, Avianca Lifemiles, etc): No. These tickets cannot be upgraded.

Other Types of Upgrade Back to top

This wiki/thread only covers questions related to upgrading a ticket using Air Canada's eUpgrade currency. Please check out other threads to post questions or find out about other ways to upgrade:
Print Wikipost

Air Canada eUpgrade program (October 2020 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]

Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by dobbyisfree
Hi, I have a question about eupgrades - my fiance and I booked a flight to Switzerland over Christmas, we booked Latitude which usually allows us to apply our eupgrades instantly. When we booked, it said we had to be waitlisted for an eupgrade even though the flight currently is empty - only has 3 people in economy. A few questions:

1) Is this common? The flight is through Air Canada and we have never had this happen before where we are waitlisted even when none of the Business class seats are even booked right now.

2) Who would we contact about this? Aeroplan says we need to contact Air Canada, and Air Canada says we need to contact Aeroplan. I keep getting transferred back and forth and no one seems to know who can help me. I have a feeling it is Air Canadas responsibility though as they decide if there is room for the eupgrades or not.

Thank you
Hi Dobby! I was just in the exact same situation as you -- booked Latitude last week for a Sept flight to CPH and got waitlisted instead of the instant upgrade. Looks like some R space opened up as we cleared the waitlist and got the eupgrade confirmation today. So it could potentially happen anytime, best of luck!
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I had 4 itineraries that had been waitlisted changes due to timings or equipment swap. When I check my bookings, the waitlisted comment is now gone and the check mark gone.

The credits have not been returned to me. Ive requested them again, and more credits have been taken from my balance.

Any advice as to my next steps? Call or email? Im on hold currently to clean up the affected flights and will ask about the credits.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by john2003
My wife and I flew YVR TO ANC ON June 7. I had requested eups when I booked which didn't clear. No surprise.
I was upgraded at the gate. I requested the gate agent to cancel it as I was travelling with my wife. This was done and the credits were added back to my eups. The $125 on my credit card has not been reversed.
Should it be refunded?
Should I be patient or has something gone wrong?
See post here for experience from jasdou. You might be out of luck.

FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada eUpgrade program (October 2020 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:50 pm

I booked Latidute award tickets and on the waitlist for e-upgracdes. I called Air Canada today and asked if they know any insights on waitlist clearance and the rep told me to wait about 7-10 days for waitlist being cleared since I purchased Latitude fare (even if it was an award ticket) it would cleared. Is this true? Have you seen any data points?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Thanks for this. Frustrating but It sounds like the way it is. I will try anyway. I am sure the person behind me on the waitlist enjoyed my benevolence!!
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Wooyano
I booked Latidute award tickets and on the waitlist for e-upgracdes. I called Air Canada today and asked if they know any insights on waitlist clearance and the rep told me to wait about 7-10 days for waitlist being cleared since I purchased Latitude fare (even if it was an award ticket) it would cleared. Is this true? Have you seen any data points?
EUpgrades for latitude tickets can clear anytime between booking and departure. Theres no way to know if or when it will clear.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:23 pm

Thanks for the response!
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC SE
i dont think this has been covered in the wiki

I am SE wiki says i can upgrade the following (yourself + one person on the same PNR + travel companion). I booked LHR-YYC for three of us on same PNR in Latitude. R space is 4 but cant upgrade all three of us. So i Split the PNR and upgraded two of us. What does travel campanion mean (i think it means day of departure they go on upgrade list if i request?).

An idea i have is make a second booking for myself and my friend. Request upgrades for both of us. Confirm then split the PNR and cancel my flight. Would that bypass the system and maintain his upgraded seat?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:04 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
i dont think this has been covered in the wiki

[...]

What does travel campanion mean (i think it means day of departure they go on upgrade list if i request?).
It's covered in the question point immediately preceding the one where you got your other information.

An idea i have is make a second booking for myself and my friend. Request upgrades for both of us. Confirm then split the PNR and cancel my flight. Would that bypass the system and maintain his upgraded seat?
No, he'll lose the upgrade when you split the PNR. Otherwise elites could upgrade people on any flight, any time, just by booking then cancelling a seat for themselves.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Are travel companion upgrades at the gate "linked" or do I need to/can I request it? E.g. only clear the upgrade if BOTH of ours clear? Different PNR's.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: aeroplan,aaadvantage
sorry about my ignorance

What exactly is R Space
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:50 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Its the seats that AC sets aside for upgrades. So if theres seats available in the R fare it means that there is space available to immediately upgrade passengers. Once its 0 youll be waitlisted for an upgrade and wont know if you get it until the gate immediately before boarding
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:57 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mboca28
What exactly is R Space
It's covered in great detail in the wiki.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Modifying an eupgraded priority reward flight

Title mostly says it all.

I used a priority reward to book a latitude round trip domestic fare, and then eupgraded instantly. The website does not allow me to modify the flight (I just want to fly back a day later and there is availability).

I stayed on the line holding for nearly an hour this morning before I had to give up, and will call again tonight, but in the meantime, does anyone have any DPs on how the agents would respond to something like this? Ideally, I'd love to change the return flight by a day, re-submit the eupgrades (which will confirm instantly as of now), without losing the benefit of the priority reward discount. I'm a 35k for what that's worth.

Thank you!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: AC 75K
It can't be done online as the eupgrade needs to be cancelled before the change - which can only be done via an agent. But, it shouldn't be an issue...the reward will be repriced and any difference charged or refunded accordingly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.