Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Jul 18, 2023, 1:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Something is very wrong. I had an AC flight post three days after travel with the correct SQM, SQD and SE bonus.

I guess the Summer intern must be back.
Interesting. None of my flights since the May long weekend have posted at all. Ive had to do the form every time (which have all credited automatically..but all with incorrect SQD )
Old Jul 18, 2023, 10:08 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Just received $393 instead of $1,135
This puts me about $5,000 short, another Priority Award and SE should be happening by the weekend based on this weeks flights, but wont.

The complete lack of response or apparent fornications to give on ACs part, frustrates me even more.

I feel better now.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC 75K / Bonvoy Gold
Economy Comfort only has 100% SQM?

Has anyone checked their SQM for Economy Comfort fares? AC advertises the fare as accumulating 115% SQM and Aeroplan points, but on my transaction history the bonus only applied to Aeroplan points but not SQM. Wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and whether/how it was resolved.

Last edited by HUH_IsMyBackYard; Jul 18, 2023 at 4:59 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 18, 2023, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HUH_IsMyBackYard
Has anyone checked their SQM for Economy Comfort fares? AC advertises the fare as accumulating 115% SQM and Aeroplan points, but on my transaction history the bonus only applied to Aeroplan points but not SQM. Wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and whether/how it was resolved.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35425051-post1214.html
Old Jul 20, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Silver, DL SIlver, Marriott TE/LTPE, HH Gold,
About 3 days ago, I finally received my corrected SQDs for the flights from Feb 26th, March 5th and April 23rd (in total ~$1600). I had emailed both the SQD email as well as the [email protected], and I filled out the SQD discrepancy form 6 times for each.

On my last email attempt (July 14th), I received the following response from the SQD email:

Thank you for your e-mail. Some technical issues have been identified with the SQD crediting process. We are currently working to implement a solution which will improve the crediting process moving forward and address most SQD discrepancies for flights flown after February 1st, 2023. If the discrepancy you are writing to report has not been addressed by the end of August 2023, please use the online SQD discrepancy reporting tool for further assistance: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...repancies.html. We thank you for your patience and understanding.Air Canada Elite Team.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 11:21 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by mugatu
On my last email attempt (July 14th), I received the following response from the SQD email:

Thank you for your e-mail. Some technical issues have been identified with the SQD crediting process. We are currently working to implement a solution which will improve the crediting process moving forward and address most SQD discrepancies for flights flown after February 1st, 2023. If the discrepancy you are writing to report has not been addressed by the end of August 2023, please use the online SQD discrepancy reporting tool for further assistance: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...repancies.html. We thank you for your patience and understanding.Air Canada Elite Team.
That seems to indicate an implicit cutover date for whatever new process they are putting in place. While I am not holding my breath, my last few flights have credited quickly and correctly.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm glad I'm already SE and don't need more PRs. I'd be pretty annoyed if I were a 75K sitting at 100k SQM and 19k SQD if I was missing 2k SQD.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 7:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
A quick audit of the itineraries I have taken and will take this year shows that I am about 305 SQD shy of a threshold for a PR.
Naturally, I got short changed for about 323 SQD in one itinerary. I am writing in for that but am not holding my breath for getting it anytime soon.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
That seems to indicate an implicit cutover date for whatever new process they are putting in place. While I am not holding my breath, my last few flights have credited quickly and correctly.
I've poked them couple times about broken SQD for outbound Aug 31, return July 9. I received the same email for the first report, but it isn't fixed. Probably still busted.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: AE 75K, Bonvoy Gold, BW Plat, AX AE Reserve, NEXUS, AX Business Plat
Did you get any notification that your SQDs had been corrected/added, or did you just notice by checking your account?
Old Jul 22, 2023, 8:35 am

Is anyone else noticing that the bonus points are not being posted to the SQM totals? I'm referring to the select benefits where you can boost your SQM based on your status (e.g., 50% boost if you're 50k). None of the booster points are added to my SQM total. I'm also missing the SQD's for the fee I paid for eUpgrades. So annoying.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 8:41 am
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DTxTOflyer
Is anyone else noticing that the bonus points are not being posted to the SQM totals? I'm referring to the select benefits where you can boost your SQM based on your status (e.g., 50% boost if you're 50k). None of the booster points are added to my SQM total. I'm also missing the SQD's for the fee I paid for eUpgrades. So annoying.
Status Bonus Points are just points, they do not count towards SQM.

Edit: Just saw this is your first post - Welcome to FT!
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by DTxTOflyer
The 50% bonus mile select benefit does not count as SQM, they are just RDMs. The eupgrade add-ons should count for SQD though.
​​​​​
Old Jul 22, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Silver, DL SIlver, Marriott TE/LTPE, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by mfreeman
Did you get any notification that your SQDs had been corrected/added, or did you just notice by checking your account?
Only by checking my account
Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:12 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
So fed up

Look how cheap Lat fares are:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.