Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Jul 3, 2023, 6:43 pm

Just another data point but I'm now 7 weeks in and still missing about 1500 sqd for direct Air Canada flights from YUL to CAI. Filled in form and email and still no response.. Will update if and when I get credited and if the amounts are in the ballpark.

I would have booked a mileage run by now if I had any confidence that I will get credited the correct sqd for this and my future planned flights. For this year I will probably content myself with reaching 35k with a 25k rollover to next year. Maintaining 25k status shouldn't de difficult if the sqd issue gets fixed.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 7:21 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I'm so looking forward to tracking down the appropriate SQx after this mess is completed. /s
Update on this for some additional datapoints. As a reminder, I was originally booked (016 ticket):

Jun 30 AC154 YYC-YYZ
Jul 1 AC8872 YYZ-EWR
Jul 1 UA886 EWR-LIM

But ended up flying (014 ticket):

Jul 1 AC324 YYC-YUL
Jul 2 AC8887 YUL-IAH
Jul 2 UA854 IAH-LIM

Of course, the very last and non-AC segment, UA854 IAH-LIM, posted first today (2 days after date of travel). I also received a bunch of SQD for this segment presumably because of the many rebookings, I ended up on 014 ticket stock. You win some, you lose some I guess!
Old Jul 4, 2023, 7:50 am

This is going to be significant issue at the end of the year if AC does not fix this soon. Potentially one could see status members dropping to a lower tier or worst, lost status completely because of incorrect and/or missing SQM, SQD. This I.T. issue is relatively minor though compared to the issues leading to the grounding of the entire fleets a few weeks back. Is AC I.T. in a melt down? How can they let it go so bad! And now eupgrade credits selected after July 1 are now expiring Jan 2024, instead of 2025. Current solution is to call in. No wonder the long wait times for AE call centre!
unclepants likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 8:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
I still do not have the missing SQD from March credited. April, May creditted fine. With accurate numbers. But June is well under again.

What is common is that the flights screwed up were all to the US. Anything within Canada or International were fine. I think maybe they have a currency problem.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 9:03 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Cozmo456
I still do not have the missing SQD from March credited. April, May creditted fine. With accurate numbers. But June is well under again.

What is common is that the flights screwed up were all to the US. Anything within Canada or International were fine. I think maybe they have a currency problem.
My missing SQD's are from a YVR-LHR-YVR.
From reading other's here, there is no rhyme or reason to the continual cock-ups.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 10:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K
Originally Posted by Cozmo456

I have a flight YVR - FRA credited for $193 SQD. If only.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DiverDave31
Just another data point but I'm now 7 weeks in and still missing about 1500 sqd for direct Air Canada flights from YUL to CAI. Filled in form and email and still no response.. Will update if and when I get credited and if the amounts are in the ballpark.

I would have booked a mileage run by now if I had any confidence that I will get credited the correct sqd for this and my future planned flights. For this year I will probably content myself with reaching 35k with a 25k rollover to next year. Maintaining 25k status shouldn't de difficult if the sqd issue gets fixed.
If you track it and follow up, you shouldn't have issues.

We definitely shouldn't need to do this, but you can solve the problem yourself with a bit of effort.

Heck, every cowtool I've built has started with "I really wish AC could properly do X" or "I really wish AC could offer Y".
Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you track it and follow up, you shouldn't have issues.

We definitely shouldn't need to do this, but you can solve the problem yourself with a bit of effort.

Heck, every cowtool I've built has started with "I really wish AC could properly do X" or "I really wish AC could offer Y".
Of course it'll be an issue if AC keeps ignoring SQD discrepancy forms/emails. I track all my stuff, I know exactly how much I am owed but that won't help me at the end of the year if AC shows no willingness to fix this. I can't solve the problem on my own.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: E50K
Today was my 8 week mark from an Air Dolomiti flight FRA-FLR. The AC leg from YYZ-FRA posted as usual, but I'm not sure I'm going to see the few hundred from the next leg. My only consolation is that I'll hit E50K anyway and it's a minute amount, but I'd sure be upset if it was a couple thousand.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 10:32 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I know that we like to affix the label of "consistently inconsistent" to the Air Canada brand, but I'm happy to report that they have been entirely consistent on a recent YVR-IAD return trip.

Both on the outbound and the return, AC has short changed me about 50% of the SQD that I should be credited. But in both cases, the amount missing was the exactly same! That means that their deeply flawed and inaccurate back end logic is at least self-consistent.

Okay, I did have to manually request credit for the SQM for one of these flights, and will have to send in two SQD discrepancy claims, but at least I can cut and paste the amounts involved!

Perhaps now that Air Canada has completed the victory lap for their latest 'enhancement' around NDC, they can assign a few of those resources to something boring and customer-facing (like timely and accurate SQM / SQD posting) that used to work just fine. Just call me a dreamer.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 5:27 am

Sorry if this has already been answered. If I bought a round trip flight where I departed I n December 2022 but returned in January 2023 when should I earn my Sqd? Its so weird I have the sqms in both calendar years but doesnt seem like I got credit for any sqds
Old Jul 6, 2023, 5:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 2MM
Originally Posted by akiberg
Sorry if this has already been answered. If I bought a round trip flight where I departed I n December 2022 but returned in January 2023 when should I earn my Sqd? Its so weird I have the sqms in both calendar years but doesnt seem like I got credit for any sqds
Based on the date of each flight at it's origin. SQM and SQD (if applicable) on the same day.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by akiberg
We're you on a flight/ticket that is eligible for SQD?
Old Jul 7, 2023, 8:07 am

What remedy is available if there is just never a response? Missing $1000 SQD could easily be the difference in someone's level of status or an extra PR. Based on all the issues everyone is having here it seems unlikely it will magically fix itself so what is someone supposed to do if multiple discrepancies remain for months at a time with no response, or even acknowledgement?
Old Jul 7, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
SQM from rollover finally, still waiting for SQD and Promo miles

I finally got my rollover miles, still waiting for my clawed back SQD from. January and BOG 4x promo miles from last year.. for my 130,000 rollover miles I passed a bunch of Eupgrade thresholds that if the rollover had been given to me on time would have given me lots of Eupgrade credits. I didn't get those,. Anyone with any experience on how long they take to post or what I can expect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.