Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Jun 15, 2023, 8:08 am
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
My June 13 flight posted already. I got more SQD than the trusty cowtool said I would, but there are still 3 unflown segments on the PNR, so I'm not celebrating yet.
Yes best to wait. Iím midway through a PNR currently and my LH legs posted over what I expected so far. They are generally too low from my experience so I was happy. AC leg finally posted and itís below. But I think it will be a wash in the end. On LH CPT-FRA in a few hours and then AC for FRA-YYZ. Here comes 24 hours of travel. Hope it all works out in the end!!!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Received nothing for a YUL-YOW flight June 6th so, tired of waiting and needing the 313 SQM for the 60k threshold, I filled out form online this morning. Was happy to see it instantly was approved, with a 'we found your missing miles' type message after I hit 'submit', and the SQx appearing within 5 minutes in my dashboard. Not what I was expecting from AC I confess!
Old Jun 15, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
Received nothing for a YUL-YOW flight June 6th so, tired of waiting and needing the 313 SQM for the 60k threshold, I filled out form online this morning. Was happy to see it instantly was approved, with a 'we found your missing miles' type message after I hit 'submit', and the SQx appearing within 5 minutes in my dashboard. Not what I was expecting from AC I confess!
The SQM approval seems to happen fairly quick at times. The SQD on the other hand...
Old Jun 15, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
My June 13 flight posted already. I got more SQD than the trusty cowtool said I would, but there are still 3 unflown segments on the PNR, so I'm not celebrating yet.
I flew on the 9th and the 11th (same PNR). The 11th has just posted. The 9th has not. How & why they would post the 2nd of two flights on a single ticket, and still manage to miss the 1st flight ... is another mystery.

Oh, and the trusty cowtool & I agree on how many SQD I should earn ... but AC decided to give me $200 less than that. And of course nothing for the flight on the 9th yet.

Seriously, I don't think I could code up such an inconsistent system even if I tried (short of intentionally including a random number generator in the flow).

Whisky Tango Foxtrot, AC.
capedreamer and vancouver25k like this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 11:29 am

Programs: AC 75K *G
Originally Posted by capedreamer
With co-pay?
No co-pay, only eup credits
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 2:30 pm

I think I figured it out their algorithm is actually quite simple. For me I was flying from YUL to CAI and here is what seems to work for the SQD earned. You take the temperature at origin/ temp at destination x % humidity at destination x expected SQD. So for me it was 10C/40Cx40%x2300 SQD expected = 230 SQD.

On a more serious note I had a flight change and upgrade which I think may be a big part of the problem.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Maybe it's time for a Class Action against AC to get this fixed. There are all of us here who are not getting credited properly.. but then many many more who are not here.. who do not track these things.. who never get the proper credit.

Ron.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 10:10 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by newfbc
Maybe it's time for a Class Action against AC to get this fixed. There are all of us here who are not getting credited properly.. but then many many more who are not here.. who do not track these things.. who never get the proper credit.

Ron.
I'd sign up. Any lawyers among us?
Old Jun 15, 2023, 10:37 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I'd sign up. Any lawyers among us?
Based on the commentary to date, ĺ of FT users are lawyers ...
Old Jun 15, 2023, 10:40 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by newfbc

Ron.
I was mulling small claims but not sure that is the right venue.
Iíll be happy with either SQDs credited as they should be, or refund fare difference between amount paid and SQDs credited.

Short $4,036 from a trip completed June 05th (erroneously posted SQDs)
Stuck at $8,979 in AP
Correct amount puts me firmly in E75, another Preferred Award and well on way to SE100.

Very frustrating
Old Jun 15, 2023, 10:44 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by taupo
I was mulling small claims but not sure that is the right venue.
Iíll be happy with either SQDs credited as they should be, or refund fare difference between amount paid and SQDs credited.

Short $4,036 from a trip completed June 05th (erroneously posted SQDs)
Stuck at $8,979 in AP
Correct amount puts me firmly in E75, another Preferred Award and well on way to SE100.

Very frustrating
Courtesy of speedy12 in another thread:

https://civilresolutionbc.ca/
The CRT is Canadaís first online tribunal. Weíre part of the British Columbia public justice system. We offer an accessible, affordable way to resolve disputes without needing a lawyer or attending court.
The CRT has jurisdiction over most small claims disputes up to $5,000.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 1:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
I seem to get the same amount for SQD irrespective of the fare paid. For my GVA to YUL flight I get 550 SQD and 46 SQD for the YUL to YTZ portion. This has now happened 4 times, even though the fares range from $1200 to $1800.

Last week, AC cancelled the YUL to GVA flight and I was rerouted via LHR. Interestingly, my Swiss Air flight LHR to GVA which posted within 24 hours has the correct SQD. I am interested to see my SQD on the YYZ to LHR portion.

I'm not too concerned about SQD as I'm unlikely to get the $20k in spend this year but will be able to get 250k SQM so will bank another year. But I'm now missing over 2,000 SQD which should provide another Priority Reward.

I do now fill every survey and am sure to give AC a 0 on likelihood to recommend and write in the comments that I provide that score due to AC's IT issues, specifically their inability to track SQD.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 10:01 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by anishm
I'm not too concerned about SQD as I'm unlikely to get the $20k in spend this year ...
This is my frustration, because I WILL get to $20K AQD this year. Not a lot over, but my current plans should get me there, as long as they actually credit.

It's clear that some of this is a manual process, or at least a process that requires significant, ongoing manual intervention. How they went from something that mostly works, to something which works way less, is a mystery to me.

I know that we all like to dump on AC IT, but this one is truly a head scratcher. But I'm less in doubt about AC's proactive approach to communicating about this to those whose loyalty they claim to appreciate. Cue the crickets.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Silver, DL SIlver, Marriott TE/LTPE, HH Gold,
I'm still waiting on a response to the several emails and several SQD discrepancy forms I have submitted for flights between Feb 26th and April 23rd totaling about $2200 SQD.
No resolution on any of the five flights yet; I've even called the SE desk for help - one of the agents re-filled in the form (but I told her I had submitted it three times already for each of the flights).

I was trying to get a direct email contact or phone number for someone, and even requested official Air Canada invoices for each of the flights so that I had their record of the purchase fares (not just the receipt in my inbox).

This is really just ridiculous.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 11:00 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
This is my frustration, because I WILL get to $20K AQD this year. Not a lot over, but my current plans should get me there, as long as they actually credit.
yeah, I'm in the same boat. Organic spend will be a bit under $20k SQM, so I plan to upfare something to hit it. Ideal scenario would be $20001 SQM. At the moment AC seems to be over-crediting me for flights, but I don't know whether they will claw that back, so I have to keep track of it myself, which is not straightforward especially when I change a flight after flying the outbound. (For some reason this seems to make the cow calculator unreliable, or at least I get weird results.) Would be so much easier AC could just do this properly themselves.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.