Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
No sign of bonus Aeroplan miles though. Are those still being posted on Sundays / last of the month? I've only had one segment since the new program, and I only recently realized that the bonus points never posted, so have written in to have that fixed.
Adam,

You know who to contact/email for missing bonus miles? I had AC flights taken last May and they still haven't posted yet. The 100% bonus miles flying AC.

Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I tried resubmitting my LHR-YYZ again, and at least this time, it looks like something's happening in some system...

Originally Posted by supatight80
Adam,

You know who to contact/email for missing bonus miles? I had AC flights taken last May and they still haven't posted yet. The 100% bonus miles flying AC.

Thanks!
Try calling Aeroplan. They may just direct you to credits@, but at least they can investigate.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I tried resubmitting my LHR-YYZ again, and at least this time, it looks like something's happening in some system...

Try calling Aeroplan. They may just direct you to credits@, but at least they can investigate.
Yah I called them 2 weeks ago. Agent said she sent an email to whoever for the missing bonus miles. Called in again, this annoying agent was like "oh I don't know... Give it another 2 weeks". She doesn't even know what I was talking about regarding the 100% bonus miles as select benefit.

Getting a bit frustrated.

Cow, speaking of the bonus AP miles. When do they usually post after SQM credited? I had AC flights last Friday. SQM/SQD posted Sunday. But no bonus AP miles yet.

Thanks!
​​​
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:49 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Cow, speaking of the bonus AP miles. When do they usually post after SQM credited? I had AC flights last Friday. SQM/SQD posted Sunday. But no bonus AP miles yet.​​​
Mine have been posting the day after the base miles.

They still haven't fixed the missing ones from my December flight though. The first response was that they had already credited me, because I wrote in about an SQD error.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Adam,

Thanks!
​​​​​​I emailed the central concierge office when I missed some FP select privilege bonus miles. They got it sorted for me within about 60 days. They did route the request through the Altitude department... Hopefully they still exist! I made my request in Dec 2020.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:52 pm

Cow, speaking of the bonus AP miles. When do they usually post after SQM credited? I had AC flights last Friday. SQM/SQD posted Sunday. But no bonus AP miles yet.

​​​
I haven't selected my benefits yet, so I have no experience under the new program.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 11:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Yah I called them 2 weeks ago. Agent said she sent an email to whoever for the missing bonus miles. Called in again, this annoying agent was like "oh I don't know... Give it another 2 weeks". She doesn't even know what I was talking about regarding the 100% bonus miles as select benefit.

Getting a bit frustrated.

Thanks!
​​​
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I haven't selected my benefits yet, so I have no experience under the new program.
I selected mine a few weeks back. No retro 100% bonus on the flights from earlier this year yet. First revenue flight since selecting privileges coming up shortly so will wait and see if those post properly before calling in.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
First revenue flight since selecting privileges coming up shortly so will wait and see if those post properly before calling in.
For what it's worth, other than the one from December that has never posted, I've found the bonus miles on my trips the past couple weeks have pretty consistently posted right around 24 hours after the regular SQM/miles/etc, across 8 segments on 5 PNRs. So hopefully they've got that working smoothly again.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:27 pm

I just had a Flex FP booking (i.e. books in to M) post as "Flex, U".

It doesn't matter this time, but, if AC can't even get its own crediting working 100% correctly, I shudder to think at what other errors we might encounter.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: AP 50k
Just flew home STL-ORD-YUL. Entire flight booked with AC on AC stock. My flight out of STL was delayed by 2 hours and i would miss my connection in ORD so the United check in people put me on the next AC flight. Didn't get any SQM, SQS, or SQD for it. Submitted missing mile request and it immediately posted SQS and SQM but no SQD. Then I realize the United people changed the ticket to 016 instead of 014. Haven't been able to get through to Aeroplan on the phone. Anyone have any other contact info to send this to? 10.1.3
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:05 am

Another Flex M FP booking credited as U this morning. Same in my wife's account.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:22 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Another Flex M FP booking credited as U this morning. Same in my wife's account.
Same here.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by bigjon94
Just flew home STL-ORD-YUL. Entire flight booked with AC on AC stock. My flight out of STL was delayed by 2 hours and i would miss my connection in ORD so the United check in people put me on the next AC flight. Didn't get any SQM, SQS, or SQD for it. Submitted missing mile request and it immediately posted SQS and SQM but no SQD. Then I realize the United people changed the ticket to 016 instead of 014. Haven't been able to get through to Aeroplan on the phone. Anyone have any other contact info to send this to? 10.1.3
If it was AC operated, you're still eligible for SQD. But the SQD sometimes takes an extra day or two.

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Same here.
Flex has posted as U (I believe? Maybe it was a different class?) since they introduced branded fares. Comfort has posted as M. It just wasn't very easy to see on Altitude because it didn't show the fare class.

They didn't have an easy mechanism to credit by brand, so they just did remapped each brand to a consistent class, which caused tons of issues for UA fliers who were crediting Standard V and it was showing up as K or L or something.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 2:14 pm

My July 5 AC LHR-YVR on a 014 ticket has an update.

I called yesterday, and they said "oh yes that's been way too long, let's see what I can do", followed by "because you followed our instructions and emailed credits@, it's in progress, and there's nothing we can do".

I'm being quoted "September".

For an AC marketed, AC operated flight on a 014 ticket. With my status clearly showing on the BP.
unclepants likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 5:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Westjet Gold, Skymiles, Alaska MP, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Amex MR
SQD Being Credited at Less than 10%

I noticed my 2021 SQD seemed oddly low, and on my latest flight, I had a $410 Flex (U) fare with a $16 carrier surcharge. I'm no mathematician, but I think that should net 426 SQD. Air Canada decided that was actually 37 SQD.

I then went through every 2021 flight and noticed I'd gotten around 10% or less SQD credited every time for the whole year. Has anyone else seen anything like this on their accounts? I've sent in a complaint to AC, but figured I'd put it out here as well, as I imagine I can't be the only getting screwed on this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.