Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2021, 2:25 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
Thanks! Yeah, everything was (and still is) operated by AC, so the cowculator was accurate within a few cents of the original ticketed pricing.

One interesting multi-connection itinerary saw me pay $575 originally, but due to a rescheduled/misconnect, netted me a lengthier itinerary that AC was selling for $1300 (and yes, in J ).
One point to note on re-booked itineraries: I have generally found there to be a higher incidence of xQD errors on tickets that have been re-booked, especially when the number of segments have changed. Dropping a leg after flying the outbound (e.g. flying YYC-EWR, then changing the return from LGA-YYZ-YYC to EWR-YYC) has a close to 100% rate of creating SQD errors.

Tickets re-booked before travel has begun have been less problematic, but probably still more issues than bookings that don't change, especially if the routing/segment count has changed.

And for some reason, the errors only go one way - always less SQD than there should be, never more
Old Jun 24, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
A number of posts from the big 2020 Aeroplan thread have been moved here. There were quite a few SQx glitches right after implementation which were perhaps due to implementation of the new program and somewhat different from the missing SQx we experience during the normal course of our travels, but for the sake of keeping topical things together and reducing the size of that thread, it was decided they would be better off here.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator
Old Jun 24, 2021, 10:08 am

Seems AC has still not bothered to fix the messed up calendar on the SQD discrepancy form. That should take what, all of 5 minutes?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
AC SFO-YUL July 2
AC YUL-CDG July 2
SK CDG-ARN July 3
SK ARN-LHR July 5
AC LHR-YYZ July 5

The only thing that's posted is ARN-LHR, which is really bizarre because another flight on the same airline from 2 days earlier still hasn't. And it's now been 4 days since the first two AC flights, and they're nowhere to be seen.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
I have spent considerable time trying to get credit for 2 of 4 segments not credited on May 6th. Fortunately, I was connected with a very helpful person at customer relations who appears to have been able to get it resolved (hopefully). I also received 4K points extra due to the trouble.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
AC SFO-YUL July 2
AC YUL-CDG July 2
SK CDG-ARN July 3
SK ARN-LHR July 5
AC LHR-YYZ July 5

The only thing that's posted is ARN-LHR, which is really bizarre because another flight on the same airline from 2 days earlier still hasn't. And it's now been 4 days since the first two AC flights, and they're nowhere to be seen.
Update:

AC SFO-YUL July 2
AC YUL-CDG July 2
SK CDG-ARN July 3
SK ARN-LHR July 5 - Posted July 6
AC LHR-YYZ July 5
AC YYZ-YVR July 6
AC YVR-SFO July 6

However, the calf flew the first three segments with us, and they've all posted to UA already

So AC posting to AC is at 5 days and hasn't happened yet, but AC posting to UA is fast.

Edit:
SFO-YUL-CDG posted on July 8 (6 days ), but YUL-CDG has 0 SQD.
D582 likes this.

Last edited by canadiancow; Jul 8, 2021 at 11:19 am
Old Jul 10, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Still waiting on:

July 3 - YYZ-YEG (J)
July 3 - YEG-YYC (Y only, but part of a J itinerary)

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 10, 2021 at 7:56 pm Reason: Edit to move off topic content to more appropriate thread
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:00 pm

No change from what I last posted. I'll be able to submit CDG-ARN for credit tomorrow.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 10, 2021 at 8:02 pm Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Jul 13, 2021, 6:58 pm

Final-ish update:

AC SFO-YUL July 2 - Posted July 8
AC YUL-CDG July 2 - Posted July 8
SK CDG-ARN July 3
SK ARN-LHR July 5 - Posted July 6
AC LHR-YYZ July 5
AC YYZ-YVR July 6
AC YVR-SFO July 6

None of the others posted, and I had to submit the form for each of them after 8 days had passed.

LHR-YYZ comes back with an error, so I've sent a copy of that BP to credits@.

On the bright side, even with one segment missing, the posted SQD exceeds the entire cost of the ticket.

I can't believe how bad this is.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:16 pm

I'm pleasantly surprised that my SQx from last week's travel all posted correctly. Although it did take six days, which was long by the standards of the old system.

No sign of bonus Aeroplan miles though. Are those still being posted on Sundays / last of the month? I've only had one segment since the new program, and I only recently realized that the bonus points never posted, so have written in to have that fixed.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:20 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
On the bright side, even with one segment missing, the posted SQD exceeds the entire cost of the ticket.
I'll bite - how did this happen? Or is there some salient detail I missed in past posts?
Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I'll bite - how did this happen?
Old Jul 13, 2021, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I'll bite - how did this happen? Or is there some salient detail I missed in past posts?
Things like this occasionally happen. Don't ask me how. I got $831 for YYZ-YVR, $379 for SFO-YUL, and $0 for YUL-CDG. (The other numbers aren't as interesting)

014 ticket booked through Priceline that crashed the cowtool because the base fare was null.

It's not like it posted as $10k, but given the entire trip was $1329 USD (including taxes/fees), ~$1500 USD in SQD definitely seems wrong.

Not like I expect it to make much difference.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
No sign of bonus Aeroplan miles though. Are those still being posted on Sundays / last of the month?
Seems they still post separately. Showed up 24 hours after the flight did.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 10:08 am

LHR-YYZ comes back with an error, so I've sent a copy of that BP to credits@.

I can't believe how bad this is.
One week later...

Thank you for your email regarding a points credit request.

We confirm that the necessary information and travel documents have been received by Aeroplan. Your flight credit request will be reviewed directly by the airline partner(s). Please note that the validation process takes from 6 to 10 weeks.

Eligible flights will subsequently be credited to your Aeroplan account, and you will receive an email confirming the procedure has been completed. If flights are not eligible for points accrual, you will receive a notification email to that effect.

We trust this information to be useful and thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Aeroplan – Customer Service
www.aircanada.com/aeroplan
It's an AC flight on a 014 ticket. It better not take 6 to 10 weeks.
Bohemian1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.