Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Jan 13, 2023, 3:53 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
When you pick select are you able to get the 50 eups or just 10
50. I hadnít selected select benefits yet when I started the year at 75k. I still havenít but when I open it I get all the SE options. Still choosing between 50 eUps and gifting 50k status.

My 2 Status Passes havenít become available yet, and I still just have 3 lounge passes not 4. Iíll give them a week or two and if that hasnít sorted itself out Iíll write it in.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 4:21 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / FB Platinum / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wjw
officially SE for the first time!
Congrats... you'll love it.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 11:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by GeekyFlyer
So apparently it's an IT issue... AC can process Star Alliance flights, and Aeroplan Elite bonus for those flights, but not AC flights lol

I was just told that, due to a system change, since December 27, 2022, flights are rejected by the system and will be until 16 January 16, 2023...

My wife and I are waiting for flights taken Dec 31/Jan 1 from YOW to LAS and then back a week later. I guess your explanation is the reason for this non-posting of flight credit.

in addition, this might explain why my 8 credit for 2 people, Florida Plus J class flight pass- purchased around Dec 21 or 22, has not (per my chosen select benefits of 2022) posted 2500 SQM.
vancouver25k likes this.

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Jan 14, 2023 at 11:21 am
Old Jan 14, 2023, 11:48 am
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by wjw
50. I hadnít selected select benefits yet when I started the year at 75k. I still havenít but when I open it I get all the SE options. Still choosing between 50 eUps and gifting 50k status.

My 2 Status Passes havenít become available yet, and I still just have 3 lounge passes not 4. Iíll give them a week or two and if that hasnít sorted itself out Iíll write it in.
Iíve also now woken up to 40 more eUps in my account. Forgot that passing 20k SQD in 2022 also got me 20 as a threshold reward, however they have also given me another 20 renomination, although I suspect they will claw back the original 20 renomination at some pointÖ

Edit: unfortunately Iíve also noticed that they clawed back all my 75% bonuses for the flights I took since I should have earned SE in 2022 (all December flights). I donít think there is still a way to go back and retroactively choose my SE select benefits for December?

Last edited by wjw; Jan 14, 2023 at 11:57 am
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Can one get missing points on AC flights by other means than going through missing points section of the AC/Aeroplan web site (which is disable at least until Jan 16,
2023)

Can one called the Aeroplan agent? I tried that route - she said that she could not do it- I have to submit my request via the Aeroplan web site, if the points are not credited in a "timely manner".

As a SE, would sending the email message to the SE email address help?
Would going through the customer service section of the AC web site help?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Can one get missing points on AC flights by other means than going through missing points section of the AC/Aeroplan web site (which is disable at least until Jan 16,
2023)
Please read the wiki.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Please read the wiki.
Dumb question, where is wookie? But seriously where?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Please read the wiki.
Per the wiki-
If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected]. [Note: as of October 2022, it's unclear whether AC is still monitoring and responding to this address]

Presumably he answer is no. So presumably me as a SE emailing the SE email address will not get very far. The question is whether any SEs recently have been successful in getting the missing points credited this way.

The wiki also says

If all else fails, use the customer service web form.

The question is whether anyone has tried this strategy recently, and has it worked?- or does AC ignore messages for missing points if one goes through the service web form?

To put it another way, my question is as of Jan 1, 2023- can one only get missing points on AC flights by filling out the missing points form on the AC/Aeroplan web site- if and when the web site allows such a request (as of ?all days in Jan 2023, that web site has been blocked or down in allowing such requests) - or do other strategies as suggested by the wiki work?

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Jan 14, 2023 at 4:03 pm
Old Jan 14, 2023, 4:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They've also said nothing will credit from January until the 16th, right?
Adam Smith and GeekyFlyer like this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 6:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Per the wiki-
If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected]. [Note: as of October 2022, it's unclear whether AC is still monitoring and responding to this address]

Presumably he answer is no. So presumably me as a SE emailing the SE email address will not get very far. The question is whether any SEs recently have been successful in getting the missing points credited this way.

The wiki also says

If all else fails, use the customer service web form.

The question is whether anyone has tried this strategy recently, and has it worked?- or does AC ignore messages for missing points if one goes through the service web form?

To put it another way, my question is as of Jan 1, 2023- can one only get missing points on AC flights by filling out the missing points form on the AC/Aeroplan web site- if and when the web site allows such a request (as of ?all days in Jan 2023, that web site has been blocked or down in allowing such requests) - or do other strategies as suggested by the wiki work?
It is not possible to use the website to claim missing points of AC flights now.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 10:23 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
My January 1st flights just posted. Hopefully this is the beginning of them catching up. My Jan 4th flight has not posted.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 12:34 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
My 31st DEC YYZ-DXB (UA flight number) just posted and my status correctly updated from nothing to 25K. I am flying LX this evening and my BP correctly shows my status now.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 6:50 am
zam

Jan 2 posted...but incorrect SQD...so much for all the hope that a new system would mean less errors...
Old Jan 15, 2023, 8:32 am

our flights from YYZ - LAS are there now from Dec 30...finally

*my daughters and I updated...my wife was on the same flight but hers hasn't updated

Last edited by abstract77; Jan 15, 2023 at 8:36 am Reason: correction
Old Jan 15, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: AC 75K
Same here, Dec 30th flights posted overnight for myself and 3 others on the same PNR. 2023 status also correctly upgraded for everyone. (SQD credited was correct for the flight as well, though that had no impact for us, just noting as a data point.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.