Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Jan 4, 2023, 6:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Weird SE bonus points for LH Cityline flight

LH1216, FRA to GVA, AC Latitude booked into economy B.

cowtool predicted I got 50% SQM. I got 143 SQM with only base (50%) and no COS, just as predicted. I also got 143 points.

But I only got 72 points in SE bonus points. This is weird. I know LH shortchange AC elites by only giving 50% SQM no matter what fare bucket you are in, but certainly did not expect further shortchange (25%) for the SE bonus.

Checked all my UA flights. All gave me 100% bonus.

Next time I wonder if I should book DB via AC and see if it is better than LH in this regard!
Old Jan 4, 2023, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
LH1216, FRA to GVA, AC Latitude booked into economy B.

cowtool predicted I got 50% SQM. I got 143 SQM with only base (50%) and no COS, just as predicted. I also got 143 points.

But I only got 72 points in SE bonus points. This is weird. I know LH shortchange AC elites by only giving 50% SQM no matter what fare bucket you are in, but certainly did not expect further shortchange (25%) for the SE bonus.

Checked all my UA flights. All gave me 100% bonus.

Next time I wonder if I should book DB via AC and see if it is better than LH in this regard!
LH Group has always been a 25% bonus as long as I've been flying. Only AC+UA+CM get the 100.
D582 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
LH Group has always been a 25% bonus as long as I've been flying. Only AC+UA+CM get the 100.
Good to know that! Do we know what happens with other partners? The Air Canada official webpage (https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...artners.html#/) only lists the coefficient for base mileage, but not for elite bonus
Old Jan 4, 2023, 7:53 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I know LH shortchange AC elites by only giving 50% SQM no matter what fare bucket you are in
Really? I guess they must have made a mistake when I earned 100% on a C fare FRA-MUC, or 100% on a P fare FRA-YVR, or my dad earned 100% on a Y fare BLQ-FRA, or 150% on a Z fare YUL-MUC. Should I write in to have these errors corrected?

Good to know that! Do we know what happens with other partners? The Air Canada official webpage (https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...artners.html#/) only lists the coefficient for base mileage, but not for elite bonus
It has never been listed on the Aeroplan partners page, always on the status benefits page.
D582 and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Really? I guess they must have made a mistake when I earned 100% on a C fare FRA-MUC, or 100% on a P fare FRA-YVR, or my dad earned 100% on a Y fare BLQ-FRA, or 150% on a Z fare YUL-MUC. Should I write in to have these errors corrected?
Hmm why you would want to correct errors that work to your benefit?

Jokes aside, LH awards SQM according to Aeroplan published charts.
​​​​​
D582 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 8:15 pm

Intra-europe trips.

And you might want to write in because your C fare should have netted you 150%

It has never been listed on the Aeroplan partners page, always on the status benefits page.
Got it. At least LH group allows it should show my gratitude.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by c224488
Cowtool PNR viewer is showing the correct SQD now (including the additional charge for flight change rolled into total SQD). I guess AC should credit it correctly?
Hah. No. I would not assume that.
I note the cowtool numbers so that when I write in later, I tell them what exactly I should have.

I had two changed PNRs last year. Both credited the amount of the last change. Both were adjusted some months after I wrote in, but still didn't match cowtool numbers. Responded to each with the cowtool numbers and both were promptly fixed.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 11:21 pm

It's scary that the numbers I get are correct (and believe me, I am not doing any fancy math, or any math at all), but the numbers AC uses are wrong.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:23 am

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I note the cowtool numbers so that when I write in later, I tell them what exactly I should have.

I had two changed PNRs last year. Both credited the amount of the last change. Both were adjusted some months after I wrote in, but still didn't match cowtool numbers. Responded to each with the cowtool numbers and both were promptly fixed.
Argh I made the change. After reading posts on here, I feel like Im only gonna get the change fee for my SQD.

Oh well, I have the SQD discrepancy form bookmarked already.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:46 am

It's scary that the numbers I get are correct (and believe me, I am not doing any fancy math, or any math at all), but the numbers AC uses are wrong.
Maybe because I was so specific, they didn't really check it? I was going to let it go until Dec when I was done flying and those got me another PR (2 thanks to the bonus).
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:52 am

I meant more that they get it wrong in the first place.

It's one thing if the exchanges are so messy that it's hard to figure out the fare.

It's quite another if the fare+YQ are so obvious that even I can display them.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 7:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by vancouver25k

Just flew another route where the simple booking from ac.com had a single simple change made on ac.com. We'll see what ends up posting, and if it matches cowtool.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by D404
Just flew another route where the simple booking from ac.com had a single simple change made on ac.com. We'll see what ends up posting, and if it matches cowtool.
Please do keep us updated!
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:30 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Has anyone had any recent AC flight activity post? I flew on Dec 30 and 31, domestic on two separate PNRs, and nothing has posted yet.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:46 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Has anyone had any recent AC flight activity post? I flew on Dec 30 and 31, domestic on two separate PNRs, and nothing has posted yet.
December 25 posted for me. January 1 did not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.