Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:37 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / FB Platinum / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Recently took a flight with the return portion happening Dec 21st. SQD is posting incorrectly due the multiple changes/retickets plus using a ww companion pass. I have no faith that this issue will be resolved before Dec 31st which is worrisome as correct SQDs posting before that date would be part of the "Double Priority Rewards" promo and get me 2 rewards. Is there any way to expedite/escalate the matter, in the absence of which, if the issue gets resolved in 2023 would the system give me the priority rewards automatically or would human intervention be needed? Already submitted the SQD discrepancy form, but as usual it's crickets. Appreciate any insight.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Far Siren
Recently took a flight with the return portion happening Dec 21st. SQD is posting incorrectly due the multiple changes/retickets plus using a ww companion pass. I have no faith that this issue will be resolved before Dec 31st which is worrisome as correct SQDs posting before that date would be part of the "Double Priority Rewards" promo and get me 2 rewards. Is there any way to expedite/escalate the matter, in the absence of which, if the issue gets resolved in 2023 would the system give me the priority rewards automatically or would human intervention be needed? Already submitted the SQD discrepancy form, but as usual it's crickets. Appreciate any insight.
customer relation form or concierge will be best way to escalate. Other then that credits email and acelite email and all outer email are useless
Old Dec 17, 2022, 11:27 pm

Has SQD discrepancy submitted months ago, got an adjustment about a month ago. The numbers didn't match cowtool, but I left it. Then when it seemed that it would mean an additional PR, I replied this week with my calculations matching what cowtool had said. Got a response and correction same day. I was impressed!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
Has SQD discrepancy submitted months ago, got an adjustment about a month ago. The numbers didn't match cowtool, but I left it. Then when it seemed that it would mean an additional PR, I replied this week with my calculations matching what cowtool had said. Got a response and correction same day. I was impressed!
That is fast. Mine has been filed for a while and no response yet.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 6:50 am

Shortchanged by Aeroplan again, not sure whether to write in

I again got only 802 SQDs for a BOS-YVR trip (cnx YYZ) last Sunday. My total spending on that trip is likely to be around CAD 1800. The 802 SQDs seem to come from my last change of the flight which cost about 860 dollars to get me from leaving today to last Sunday. I am so glad I made this change.

The 802 SQDs enabled me to barely make my PR milestone by a few dollars. I do have a previous complaint that, if corrected, will land me about 450 SQDs.

Guess it may not be meaningful to me to file another complaint. The additional 1400+ SQDs will not be rolled over or land me any other milestone gifts. On the other hand, I feel it may help to file the complaint to point out a systemic problem of calculating SQDs.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Changeup2000
The 802 SQDs seem to come from my last change
[...]
On the other hand, I feel it may help to file the complaint to point out a systemic problem of calculating SQDs.
It is so consistent for me that the last change is what posts as SQD, I wish there were a way for us to directly file a bug report. Based on experience in other companies, I suspect the observations from our end has not made its way to the developers who wrote/maintain the stuff.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
I just flew YUL-BRU-NCE, however my flights only posted with the BASE dollar amount (SQD), the YQ did not post. Has anyone ever experience this?

I did the calculation with the Cow tool, and my math was correct. AC didn't take into acount the YQ. This is specially frustating as I am now 150$ from my treshold gift (50% off aeroplan reward), which if I obtain before the end of year would be doubled.

I suspect my chances of getting this correct before Jan. 1st is slim to none. However when they correct it in January, will they backtrack to 2022 and trigger the treshold gift and bonus gift?
Old Jan 4, 2023, 7:24 am

Programs: AC 35K, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Any luck with this?

I have been missing SQD for a Sept flight. Submitted missing SQD form twice - once in Oct, once in late Nov - nothing. Also filled out the web form in Dec as someone suggested and nothing yet. The missing SQD will help me hit 50K and also get priority reward + bonus, so it's super annoying that here we are on Jan 4th and seems like nothing is moving.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by the6_
Any luck with this?

I have been missing SQD for a Sept flight. Submitted missing SQD form twice - once in Oct, once in late Nov - nothing. Also filled out the web form in Dec as someone suggested and nothing yet. The missing SQD will help me hit 50K and also get priority reward + bonus, so it's super annoying that here we are on Jan 4th and seems like nothing is moving.
I'm in the same boat, missing some since Sept, used the form, and the web form in Dec.

Need the SQD for the two bonus priority rewards.

Ah well, hopefully soon.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 12:12 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Would it be safe to say that ticket changes will almost always mess up the SQD? For example, if I change my flight and fare difference is 40 bucks I only get the 40 bucks as the SQD for my entire itinerary?

Or is it quite rare for this to happen? Don't want to change my voluntarily flight if I know this is guaranteed to happen and then I have to go through the trouble of chasing down my SQD.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by c224488
Would it be safe to say that ticket changes will almost always mess up the SQD? For example, if I change my flight and fare difference is 40 bucks I only get the 40 bucks as the SQD for my entire itinerary?

Or is it quite rare for this to happen? Don't want to change my voluntarily flight if I know this is guaranteed to happen and then I have to go through the trouble of chasing down my SQD.
I changed a few and it didn't mess up with my SQD, that said, maybe those didn't involve additional collection of money (I did recall one where I received refund but not paying more, and that one was OK upon posting).
Old Jan 4, 2023, 1:47 pm

Cowtool PNR viewer is showing the correct SQD now (including the additional charge for flight change rolled into total SQD). I guess AC should credit it correctly?
Old Jan 4, 2023, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Cowtool PNR viewer is showing the correct SQD now (including the additional charge for flight change rolled into total SQD). I guess AC should credit it correctly?
Hah. No. I would not assume that.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Hah. No. I would not assume that.
I guess I'm just trying to figure out if a voluntary flight change (with added $$ component) will always result in the SQD posting only for the flight change amount. Just trying to see if SQD discrepancies are an exception rather than the norm in these cases.

Do you have any personal experience with this? Thank you!
Old Jan 4, 2023, 5:31 pm

From my 2 data points, both involved complexed multi-leg itineraries not bookable via website and done by phone agents.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.