Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Sorry, but I wasn't responding to you. Your issue is definitely not one I can advise you on
I thought you could help with anything 😸
Old Jan 18, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by jasdou
I am still waiting for status bonus miles to post for flights taken in January, February and March. No resolution yet.
Assuming you mean the 100% bonus Aeroplan points - have you received them yet? If not - you might want to call in. I haven't received mine either and just called in - after an extended wait on hold, was informed that apparently there was a systems cutover issue that relates to when I picked my 2020 privileges (late October). They were posted to the old system but didn't make the cutover. I've been told to check back in a couple of weeks.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by PB53x11
Assuming you mean the 100% bonus Aeroplan points - have you received them yet? If not - you might want to call in. I haven't received mine either and just called in - after an extended wait on hold, was informed that apparently there was a systems cutover issue that relates to when I picked my 2020 privileges (late October). They were posted to the old system but didn't make the cutover. I've been told to check back in a couple of weeks.
Thanks, yes, that is exactly what I mean, though it is 75% in my case given than I am an E75K member. I haven’t called in yet since I tried to sort this out with the Twitter team but I may give them a call tomorrow since that seems to have worked in your case.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had some flights post, and the math makes it seem like only the YQ posted as SQD, but not the base fare.

As such, the amounts are ridiculously low.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 1:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I had some flights post, and the math makes it seem like only the YQ posted as SQD, but not the base fare.

As such, the amounts are ridiculously low.
I also had an SQD problem yesterday. I had to retro credit a YYC-YVR flight from last month since it hadn't posted. AQD should have been $465, but it only posted $171. YQ/YR on that route is only $16 though, so no idea where the 171 comes from.

They credited the miles as Y instead of Flex U though, so I figured I'd leave well enough alone. A few extra AQD in 2020 does nothing for me, but 107 Aeroplan miles is 107 Aeroplan miles!
Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
Missing miles request

I have a flight that didn’t credit to my account from 2 weeks ago. I filled out the missing miles request and it was denied with the reason that it was credited to my account already. Is there an email contact for Aeroplan to submit the screenshots? It will be tough to explain the problem to a phone agent
Old May 5, 2021, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Has anyone else used a voucher for travel this year? I spent one from a 2020 cancellation on a 2021 booking and expected the total SQD spent since last year's cancelled flights generated none. Looking back, I only received the fare difference of $51 in the SQD for this year.
Is this correct for tariff rules? I have searched and can't find anything to that effect. I knew about the pending refunds, but was happy to spend the credits for travel without the wait. Is this offside, or a cautionary tale to others?
I am pretty sure from memory, but have no objective proof that voucher credits redeemed in 2020 generated their full SQD value.
Old May 5, 2021, 10:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlY2XS
Has anyone else used a voucher for travel this year?

[...]

I am pretty sure from memory, but have no objective proof that voucher credits redeemed in 2020 generated their full SQD value.
AQD/SQD have always been awarded amounts paid by eCoupon/voucher/gift card (provided they're eligible for xQD, of course).

But sometimes it creates a problem for automatic crediting.

I've received SQD for an amount paid with eCoupon since the program switched over. So nothing new or sinister here due to Aeroplan 2.0, you've just encountered a garden-variety IT issue.

Submit your discrepancy and I'm sure they'll rectify it.
Old May 5, 2021, 10:47 pm

Thx Adam, I will try again....again. I didn't think it was ominous, just willing to admit I might be clueless. Am I wrong, but it feels like it was easier last year to submit and explain disrepencies? I have already filed once under the missing miles banner which got fixed. Is this better as a resubmit or call do you think?
Old May 5, 2021, 11:28 pm

Thx Adam, I will try again....again. I didn't think it was ominous, just willing to admit I might be clueless. Am I wrong, but it feels like it was easier last year to submit and explain disrepencies? I have already filed once under the missing miles banner which got fixed. Is this better as a resubmit or call do you think?
I don't follow what you mean about resubmitting. Have you already submitted and SQD discrepancy through the relevant form and they only gave you the $51?

Or did you submit a missing miles request and they gave you the miles but messed up the SQD?
Old May 6, 2021, 12:35 am

I've had the same issue with eCoupons not awarding *QD.

The discrepancy form always solved the issue.
Old May 6, 2021, 1:18 am

I will note that sometimes AQD credited fine with eCoupons.

But Audrey and Diana always have managed to get things cleaned up promptly after I submitted the form or e-mailed them
Old May 6, 2021, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I don't follow what you mean about resubmitting. Have you already submitted and SQD discrepancy through the relevant form and they only gave you the $51?

Or did you submit a missing miles request and they gave you the miles but messed up the SQD?
Submitted SQM/SQS which were fixed but SQD still wrong. Dug myself and used your link above
Both give me this:

Notice the inability to go backwards on flight date even after I had inserted pertinent personal info. If I open the Customer Relations team link given it is a post travel concern, none of the options are for missing SQD. Should I just submit to General Request?
Old May 6, 2021, 6:36 pm

Submitted SQM/SQS which were fixed but SQD still wrong.
Yes, the SQM/SQS crediting may be automatic and it may not pick up the SQD at the same time.

Notice the inability to go backwards on flight date even after I had inserted pertinent personal info. If I open the Customer Relations team link given it is a post travel concern, none of the options are for missing SQD. Should I just submit to General Request?
Those idiots still haven't fixed that?

If you're comfortable doing it, you can manually change the date with developer tools (Ctrl + Shift + I in Chrome; I just tried it and it worked). If not, send them an e-mail.
Old May 6, 2021, 6:49 pm

Or just pick any random date and write the real date in the free-form text box.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.