Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 3, 22, 5:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Adam Smith
Wiki Link
For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS, as well as Aeroplan points).

This should trigger automatic SQD crediting.

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy.

Print Wikipost

Old May 6, 21, 1:18 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
I will note that sometimes AQD credited fine with eCoupons.

But Audrey and Diana always have managed to get things cleaned up promptly after I submitted the form or e-mailed them
Old May 6, 21, 6:05 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
I don't follow what you mean about resubmitting. Have you already submitted and SQD discrepancy through the relevant form and they only gave you the $51?

Or did you submit a missing miles request and they gave you the miles but messed up the SQD?
Submitted SQM/SQS which were fixed but SQD still wrong. Dug myself and used your link above
Both give me this:

Notice the inability to go backwards on flight date even after I had inserted pertinent personal info. If I open the Customer Relations team link given it is a post travel concern, none of the options are for missing SQD. Should I just submit to General Request?
Old May 6, 21, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by FlY2XS View Post
Submitted SQM/SQS which were fixed but SQD still wrong.
Yes, the SQM/SQS crediting may be automatic and it may not pick up the SQD at the same time.

Notice the inability to go backwards on flight date even after I had inserted pertinent personal info. If I open the Customer Relations team link given it is a post travel concern, none of the options are for missing SQD. Should I just submit to General Request?
Those idiots still haven't fixed that?

If you're comfortable doing it, you can manually change the date with developer tools (Ctrl + Shift + I in Chrome; I just tried it and it worked). If not, send them an e-mail.
Old May 6, 21, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Or just pick any random date and write the real date in the free-form text box.
Old May 6, 21, 6:57 pm

Thanks to both of you as always. Neither are routine tools in my armamentarium.
Will update.
Old May 11, 21, 8:57 am

Programs: AC SE, DL Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Thought I would close the loop on this. Received a call from someone at Air Canada yesterday that suggested it might just be a delay in posting, but that he would check with the Elite team. SQM/SQS posted today.
Old May 14, 21, 5:16 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Have a number of recent flights that are only partially posting or not posting at all. Seems I am having to wait the 8 days and submit them. It is a bit annoying...
Old May 15, 21, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi View Post
Have a number of recent flights that are only partially posting or not posting at all. Seems I am having to wait the 8 days and submit them. It is a bit annoying...
Having the same problem. Been flying YLW-YVR-YXJ-YVR-YLW but only the YVR-YXJ-YVR segments post. Then after waiting the 8 days to submit, the system rejects them, saying theyre already posted, but shows the YVR-YXJ flights in the rejection email. I tried emailing them to super elite and Aeroplan, got rejected again as they were just putting it through the system. Kept emailing asking a person to actually look at them, and finally got a response in April that it would take 10 weeks. Some of these flights were at the beginning of February, and wont know if I get credit for them until almost July?! Its crazy. I thought maybe the issue was because of using a flight pass, so I booked a regular ticket (biz class), and see that once again, only the YVR-YXJ portions posted. Working towards super elite again, and its incredibly inconvenient to have to fight for half of my segments, and wait 3-4 months to find out if theyll even credit them.
Old May 17, 21, 5:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jdj84 View Post
Having the same problem. Been flying YLW-YVR-YXJ-YVR-YLW but only the YVR-YXJ-YVR segments post. Then after waiting the 8 days to submit, the system rejects them, saying they’re already posted, but shows the YVR-YXJ flights in the rejection email. I tried emailing them to super elite and Aeroplan, got rejected again as they were just putting it through the system. Kept emailing asking a person to actually look at them, and finally got a response in April that it would take 10 weeks. Some of these flights were at the beginning of February, and won’t know if I get credit for them until almost July?! It’s crazy. I thought maybe the issue was because of using a flight pass, so I booked a regular ticket (biz class), and see that once again, only the YVR-YXJ portions posted. Working towards super elite again, and it’s incredibly inconvenient to have to fight for half of my segments, and wait 3-4 months to find out if they’ll even credit them.
I am starting to wonder if the system does not credit the miles for a back track that would normally not be offered as a legitimate connection but is allowed on a flight pass. You're example of YLW-YVR-YXJ would be a possible example of this as would mine of YYC-YVR-YYZ. The system seems to think it has already been credited as the YYC-YVR segment comes back as the YVR-YYZ segment. I guess I will wait to see what AC/Aeroplan says as I was instructed to send an email to the AC Aeroplan credits department.
Old May 17, 21, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi View Post
I am starting to wonder if the system does not credit the miles for a back track that would normally not be offered as a legitimate connection but is allowed on a flight pass. You're example of YLW-YVR-YXJ would be a possible example of this as would mine of YYC-YVR-YYZ. The system seems to think it has already been credited as the YYC-YVR segment comes back as the YVR-YYZ segment. I guess I will wait to see what AC/Aeroplan says as I was instructed to send an email to the AC Aeroplan credits department.
In this instance, that is the only route available, whether on a flight pass or a purchased ticket. I purchased a flight as two one ways, and got credit for all my segments. I then purchased a round trip for the following week, thinking maybe the flight pass was the issue, but only got credited for the YVR-YXJ and YXJ-YVR portions again. So the system is broken whether its a flight pass or revenue flight in this instance. I'm now short 8 SQS, and about $2500 in SQD, with at least 6 more weeks before I find out if I even get them (from emailing the Credits department). Have another flight this week, which I'm sure will end up with the same issue!
Old May 17, 21, 4:28 pm

@EdmFlyBoi @jdj84 Is the problem that your SQD is not posting, or is that you're not getting the SQM/SQS posted in the first place?
Old May 17, 21, 4:30 pm

@EdmFlyBoi @jdj84 Is the problem that your SQD is not posting, or is that you're not getting the SQM/SQS posted in the first place?
Not getting the SQM/SQS for half the segments in the first place, and then the SQD total for the flight is incorrect. It's all a giant cluster.
Old May 17, 21, 7:00 pm

It appears that only a portion is posting. The entire booking is YYC-YVR-YYZ-YVR-YYC. The outbound and inbound are separate ticket numbers. The outbound - YYC-YVR-YYZ - was only credited for the YVR-YYZ portion. The same is true for the inbound. When I submitted the request for the YYC-YVR portion using the ticket number and correct flight info, it denies it stating that it has already been credited (I did check with Aeroplan by telephone to ensure I had the correct information). However, the information that is provided in the email is that the YVR-YYZ portion was what was submitted when that is not what was done. For example, I submitted AC203 YYC-YVR for credit and the email I get back is the AC104 was submitted and has already been credited.

My sense is that it is because of the backtrack. Not sure if it is a system error and needs to be addressed manually or what the issue is. I was instructed to submit to the [email protected] address with the ticket and boarding pass (which I did and which was acknowledged).

Does that all make sense?
Old May 17, 21, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
It's not because of the "backtrack". That's an issue with routing rules, not with mileage crediting.

​​​​​
Old May 21, 21, 9:32 pm

So my AQD issue got sorted sometime recently. The webpage will not allow you to go backwards for an AQD discrepency request. As Cow suggested, and supported by on phone rep after speaking to a supervisor ( I was busy doing a couple of other things so decided to ask also) I just chose the current day and then entered the correct info in the message. I received the usual "thanks for your submission" email but nothing else. Looking back to the flight date, things are now corrected, but no other notification that the dollars had been approved and credited ever came.
canadiancow likes this.

Search this Thread