Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 3, 22, 5:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Adam Smith
Wiki Link
For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS, as well as Aeroplan points).

This should trigger automatic SQD crediting.

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy.

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 15, 22, 11:10 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by canadianbaecon8er View Post
I'm a bit confused as I made some flight purchases where I paid for Economy Latitude tickets. However, I recently reviewed my bookings and now it's classified as Economy Flex despite purchasing them at Latitude fares and it's confirmed in my Receipt. Has anyone else noticed this? Does this mean anything when it comes time for crediting?
Are these flights you've flown where the miles have credited incorrectly? Or are you just looking at your upcoming flights on the website? If the former, the information in the wiki of this thread should be able to help you get the right credit for the flights. If the latter, it's more likely a website glitch displaying the wrong fare brand, which has been known to happen. You could check the bookings using the Cowtool PNR viewer and, if the website is wrong, there's a thread for reporting website issues.
Old Sep 22, 22, 2:51 am

The latter. Looks to be a website glitch because I got credited the correct fare after. Glad to know it's not only me experiencing this. Thanks for responding!
Old Sep 22, 22, 7:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by YVRGNG View Post
I followed up to [email protected] (twice) and haven't got a response or credit.
I emailed them about an ORC weeks ago and never heard anything back. That email's like yelling into a void these days...
Old Sep 22, 22, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Maybe because it's .ca, as mentioned in the wiki, not .com.
Old Sep 23, 22, 5:29 am

Five weeks ago, I submitted a SQD discrepancy on the AC page dedicated to that issue. I have not receive any information nor seen any correction. Is such a delay normal? Do people receive a message from this department when they make a decision (one way or another)?
Old Sep 23, 22, 6:52 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by lotus10 View Post
Five weeks ago, I submitted a SQD discrepancy on the AC page dedicated to that issue. I have not receive any information nor seen any correction. Is such a delay normal? Do people receive a message from this department when they make a decision (one way or another)?
4-6 weeks - to get back to you on these
lotus10 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 22, 1:04 am

Programs: Who needs status when you have credit card?
Has anyone encountered any issues with SQx earning due to an involuntary fight rebooking?

My original itinerary was from YVR-YYZ-LHR in flex. My YVR to YYZ was cancelled and I was rebooked from YVR-YUL-LHR. I called in and asked to be put back on an earlier flight from YVR-YYZ-LHR instead (same routing, different time). I was issued new boarding passes and a new ticket number.

It’s been about 5-6 days now and my flights have not yet credited. They normally credit within 48 hours for me.

Is this a common issue? Do I have to write in or will it sort itself out? I am worried that my European segment will not be credited in time and I will miss out on the 2x SQM promo.

Thanks everyone for your help!
Old Sep 27, 22, 2:13 am

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by c224488 View Post
Has anyone encountered any issues with SQx earning due to an involuntary fight rebooking?

My original itinerary was from YVR-YYZ-LHR in flex. My YVR to YYZ was cancelled and I was rebooked from YVR-YUL-LHR. I called in and asked to be put back on an earlier flight from YVR-YYZ-LHR instead (same routing, different time). I was issued new boarding passes and a new ticket number.

Its been about 5-6 days now and my flights have not yet credited. They normally credit within 48 hours for me.

Is this a common issue? Do I have to write in or will it sort itself out? I am worried that my European segment will not be credited in time and I will miss out on the 2x SQM promo.

Thanks everyone for your help!
when theres a delay in crediting the credit are back dated. Two day posting is super fast. I usually see 5 days for AC.

the Europe bonus seems to be posting the Monday following the miles posting.

or youll be like me and the AQD will post incorrectly and youll be chasing them to fix the original posting and the bonus miles they are pretty good at eventually making it right though.
Old Sep 30, 22, 12:23 pm

Programs: Who needs status when you have credit card?
My flights just posted automatically 7 days after taking the flight.

Not too bad considering multiple agents touched my itinerary and there were 2 rebookings but everything credited properly at the end without my intervention. I think AC IT is slowing improving.
Old Sep 30, 22, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC*Tangerine
For the last two years, I have had to manually request credit for every single segment segment flown. No flights post automatically.

I am alone? Can this be fixed? It feels like some fresh, new anti-consumer hell.

Search this Thread