Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:32 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by *Fan
Segment 50 flown 9:30pm EDT YYZ-YOW July 27 finally posted sometime between 7:30 and 9am August 3 (while inflight BOS-YYZ) for a posting delay of ~155 hours. Too bad not a little earlier.

First time making it to 50k!!

Congratulations!

Although making status through segments always sounds really brutal to me. 220 /221, whatever it takes, I guess.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Flew AC on August 7. Received base SQx on August 9. IME (last AC flights being in March), AC-operated flights would take at least 4-5 days before posting, 2-day timeline is a market improvement! I hope this is the new standard.

From latest reports in the Accelerate Your Way to Status Promo thread, it sounds like AC has also managed to accelerate (no pun intended) the crediting timeline for the bonus SQx. I wonder if the two are related.

In any case, well done, AC!
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Flew AC on August 7. Received base SQx on August 9.
Same. Although my SQD was wrong because I had several changes to the PNR and only the dollar amount from the most recent change was credited.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 11:47 am

For anyone who submitted an incorrect SQD request lately, was there an email confirmation when you submitted the request, like with other types of customer service emails?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
For anyone who submitted an incorrect SQD request lately, was there an email confirmation when you submitted the request, like with other types of customer service emails?
This has happened 3 times to me. No confirmation email. Previous two I handled via concierge, after a long delay. I'm waiting a bit more before doing so again.
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
concierge forwarded a request for me May 13th, concerning 4 SQD misposted amounts from March/April flights.

Got an email from Aeroplan Elite Team on Aug 16th stating they had corrected SQD for all 3 PNRs.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: LXFF
Flew YUL-VIE, then the return was supposed to be VIE-YUL and was cancelled and was VIE-ORD-YUL (last minute at the airpot in VIE). SQD for the return hasn't posted. This was august 8th. Should I send a request for this or does it just take time for these kind of transactions? I'm 25k and this was all in J.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Yes. Got an email saying it had been corrected properly*.

*it hasn't. They actually credited the full SQD for a return trip with multiple segments to the one segment that that was wrong. So now I'm manually tracking about 1200 SQD below what they show on the assumption that it matters and they change it some time. Currently well over 9000SQD and will easily hit 75k SQM, if I make 100k, dont want to have them unexpectedly come back and readjust SQD back below 20000
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:20 pm

Email for missing aeroplan points

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had the email address to claim missing aeroplan points from a flight. I tried the online form and it says I didn’t travel on my flight. Called air canada and they said to email [email protected] and it came back as undelivered.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:39 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by inar
Hi. I was wondering if anyone had the email address to claim missing aeroplan points from a flight. I tried the online form and it says I didn’t travel on my flight. Called air canada and they said to email [email protected] and it came back as undelivered.
Please see instructions in the wiki for claiming missing points.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Flew AC on August 7. Received base SQx on August 9. IME (last AC flights being in March), AC-operated flights would take at least 4-5 days before posting, 2-day timeline is a market improvement! I hope this is the new standard.

From latest reports in the Accelerate Your Way to Status Promo thread, it sounds like AC has also managed to accelerate (no pun intended) the crediting timeline for the bonus SQx. I wonder if the two are related.

In any case, well done, AC!
Perhaps I was premature in my celebration. AC-operated flights on Sep 1 have not posted as of Sep 6 (in terms of base SQx).
Old Sep 8, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
I have two recent flights that weren’t credited to my million mile counter. Has anyone else had this recently and how was it resolved? I did reach out to Aeroplan to ask about this and I was told it would be credited shortly. First time I’ve ever noticed the missing miles and miles not automatically being added when the AQM were successfully credited to my account.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:41 am

Hi- recently hit 1MM and have not experienced what you are reporting on flight posting post the 1MM threshold being achieved
Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by markoaleks
Hi- recently hit 1MM and have not experienced what you are reporting on flight posting post the 1MM threshold being achieved
That’s great you haven’t but I was looking for comments from someone who has.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 8:26 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
I have two recent flights that weren’t credited to my million mile counter. Has anyone else had this recently and how was it resolved? I did reach out to Aeroplan to ask about this and I was told it would be credited shortly. First time I’ve ever noticed the missing miles and miles not automatically being added when the AQM were successfully credited to my account.
There was a systemic issue with this last year, lots of people were missing LQM. You should find a bunch of posts in this thread with comments from last fall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.