Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 13, 22, 9:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Adam Smith
Wiki Link
For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS, as well as Aeroplan points).

This should trigger automatic SQD crediting.

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy.

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 11, 22, 8:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I went to from YOW to DCA via YYZ, and back - around Easter weekend.

Booked about a month earlier.

Got the promo for double credit for YOW-YYZ and return flights- but not for the YYZ-DCA flights and return.

Can I ask for missing promo credit through the missing credits section of the Aeroplan web site, or do I have to email Aeroplan though the customer support section of AC/Aeroplan web site?
Old Jun 12, 22, 6:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by ConAir View Post
Is anybody having an issue with earning the Aeroplan Elite Status Bonus. I flew 4 times in April, I received the 50% bonus Aeroplan points on only one of the flights and have yet to receive anything since. I am now 75K and have not received the 75% bonus for the 3 flights that I have taken in May yet either. I have selected this benefit when I reached both 50K and 75K status.
I'm a newbie here having status matched last fall. As an E75, I've successfully received the 75 percent bonus on UA and AC flights that I've credited.

Weirdly though, I flew AC-ticketed Swiss-operated P class YUL ZRH last week and the regular miles posted correctly (100 percent at 3720), I received the elite status bonus of only 930 points, a 25 percent amount. I can't find anything in the fine print regarding this bonus being paid at a different rate. Weird?
Old Jun 12, 22, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by psiachp View Post
I'm a newbie here having status matched last fall. As an E75, I've successfully received the 75 percent bonus on UA and AC flights that I've credited.

Weirdly though, I flew AC-ticketed Swiss-operated P class YUL ZRH last week and the regular miles posted correctly (100 percent at 3720), I received the elite status bonus of only 930 points, a 25 percent amount. I can't find anything in the fine print regarding this bonus being paid at a different rate. Weird?
Sounds like it's the class of service bonus and not the elite bonus. I think the elite bonus usually posts separately.
Old Jun 12, 22, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by vancouver25k View Post
Sounds like it's the class of service bonus and not the elite bonus. I think the elite bonus usually posts separately.
Definitely posted next day and was clearly labeled as elite status bonus. If it had been a class bonus, that would be in the original flight posting. Swiss P is 100 percent for international, nothing more.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jun 12, 22, 10:58 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
The bonus on the LH group airlines has always (or, at least for 10+ years) been only 25%. The status benefits page used to explicitly say that. It no longer does, but perhaps it tells you that when you select the benefits. Either way, you're not missing anything.
canadiancow and vancouver25k like this.
Old Jun 12, 22, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
The bonus on the LH group airlines has always (or, at least for 10+ years) been only 25%. The status benefits page used to explicitly say that. It no longer does, but perhaps it tells you that when you select the benefits. Either way, you're not missing anything.
Wow. Ouch - I wonder why they can't just be more clear. I searched and searched and I guess a newbie like me should have maybe seen the fine print when I chose it.
Old Jun 12, 22, 11:25 am

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Wow. Ouch - I wonder why they can't just be more clear. I searched and searched and I guess a newbie like me should have maybe seen the fine print when I chose it.
I also went and looked for it before I posted that and was surprised they had eliminated it, because it definitely used to be clear that it was 25% for LH/LX/OS/SN. Why they would screw that up, I don't know.

By the way, if you flew LX P and earned 100%, there's a good chance you've just flown a route that we don't currently have in the calculator database. Perhaps you could share the data point over in the calculator thread.
Old Jun 12, 22, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Old Jun 13, 22, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Need help with IRROPS!

Sorry for being long winded.
Was booked on a AC stock multicity, in mixed J/PE class. Outbound in paid J, all good. The return portion was booked:
DXB-FRA on LH in PE (AC Flight #)
FRA-YYC on AC booked PE, but upgraded
YYC-YVR on AC also upgraded
8 hours prior to departure from DXB, LH sends an email that their flight is cancelled, and I've been booked 3 days later on Air France business class back to Vancouver. Tried calling AC, after 2.5 hour hold was disconnected. Went to airport, AC refused to speak to me, suggested as it is within 24 hour window, I need to speak to LH. They suggested I talk to AC ticketing desk--only, AC doesn't have a ticketing desk at DXB, only a DNATA agent who had no clue. Went to LH, and they actively rebooked me same day on EK to MUC in Economy, and MUC to YVR in PE. Got back to hotel, called AC again just to make sure all was good, again 3 hour hold, disconnect. Now that I'm back, AC has credited me miles for the MUC-YVR portion, but not first sector. Nor did they add the SQD which I should have received. Called AC this morning, and after 1.5 hour back and forth with agent/supervisor, was told I'm basically SOL. Am being told I should have had AC rebook me, not LH?? AC is not responsible for providing me the missing SQD, nor the mileage from DXB-MUC, (both of which things would have made me 75K). Are they correct, or should I be taking this further??
Old Jun 13, 22, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by tracon View Post
SQD error in my favour?
I'm trying to figure out how family members got 25K with a base fare of $1250 before taxes.
Over 3000SQD were credited.
They only flew during the double miles/QD promo, no credit cards or Starbucks affiliations.
I also had a bank error in my favor recently - almost 2.5x the base SQD received compared to actual cash paid
Old Jun 13, 22, 3:48 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Originally Posted by M Singh View Post
Went to LH, and they actively rebooked me same day on EK to MUC in Economy, and MUC to YVR in PE...

Am being told I should have had AC rebook me, not LH?? AC is not responsible for providing me the missing SQD, nor the mileage from DXB-MUC, (both of which things would have made me 75K). Are they correct, or should I be taking this further??
I believe by the letter of the rules you are S.O.L. You took a path that involved non-star carriers and non-AC metal and thus SQD and SQM would be adjusted as if you booked the route originally. I don't think the fact LH rebooked it is your headache as I think if AC had rebooked you the system would have generated the same result.

You can obviously HUCA and plead your case to get a manual adjustment or please your case in January that you should be granted a status extension because of the situation. I've had *some* success on the former getting miles applied for a re-route on non-metal (never tried SQD).

An extension is always a wild card and nobody can predict. I think a politely and well documented case may get you consideration - but it depends on your history with AC.
Old Jun 13, 22, 3:50 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by YYCCL3 View Post
I also had a bank error in my favor recently - almost 2.5x the base SQD received compared to actual cash paid
Shhh.
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 22, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by M Singh View Post
Sorry for being long winded.
Was booked on a AC stock multicity, in mixed J/PE class. Outbound in paid J, all good. The return portion was booked:
DXB-FRA on LH in PE (AC Flight #)
FRA-YYC on AC booked PE, but upgraded
YYC-YVR on AC also upgraded
8 hours prior to departure from DXB, LH sends an email that their flight is cancelled, and I've been booked 3 days later on Air France business class back to Vancouver. Tried calling AC, after 2.5 hour hold was disconnected. Went to airport, AC refused to speak to me, suggested as it is within 24 hour window, I need to speak to LH. They suggested I talk to AC ticketing desk--only, AC doesn't have a ticketing desk at DXB, only a DNATA agent who had no clue. Went to LH, and they actively rebooked me same day on EK to MUC in Economy, and MUC to YVR in PE. Got back to hotel, called AC again just to make sure all was good, again 3 hour hold, disconnect. Now that I'm back, AC has credited me miles for the MUC-YVR portion, but not first sector. Nor did they add the SQD which I should have received. Called AC this morning, and after 1.5 hour back and forth with agent/supervisor, was told I'm basically SOL. Am being told I should have had AC rebook me, not LH?? AC is not responsible for providing me the missing SQD, nor the mileage from DXB-MUC, (both of which things would have made me 75K). Are they correct, or should I be taking this further??
Originally Posted by yowcat View Post
I believe by the letter of the rules you are S.O.L. You took a path that involved non-star carriers and non-AC metal and thus SQD and SQM would be adjusted as if you booked the route originally. I don't think the fact LH rebooked it is your headache as I think if AC had rebooked you the system would have generated the same result.

You can obviously HUCA and plead your case to get a manual adjustment or please your case in January that you should be granted a status extension because of the situation. I've had *some* success on the former getting miles applied for a re-route on non-metal (never tried SQD).

An extension is always a wild card and nobody can predict. I think a politely and well documented case may get you consideration - but it depends on your history with AC.
Take a gander at Original Routing Credit (ORC) - getting credit when re-booking results in fewer SQM

It may have some advice.
Old Jun 23, 22, 2:34 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Asiana Diamond, Krisflyer Gold, AC 50K
One last question (mod note: moved from this thread): Somewhat predictably, the LGA => YUL => YWG flights haven't credited yet. I found the Aeroplan points request form, and was wondering how long I should wait to make the request. It seems like a week (which I'm almost at) is standard for Air Canada flights, although the website says it can take up to 2 months.

I have both boarding passes (the ones with seat assignments, not the standby ones), if that helps

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jun 23, 22 at 4:05 pm Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Jun 23, 22, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt View Post
One last question (mod note: moved from this thread): Somewhat predictably, the LGA => YUL => YWG flights haven't credited yet. I found the Aeroplan points request form, and was wondering how long I should wait to make the request. It seems like a week (which I'm almost at) is standard for Air Canada flights, although the website says it can take up to 2 months.
After 8 days, you can request credit via the website. I don't think I've set seen any AC flights that have posted automatically between 4 days and 8-10 days when I've put in the requests to credit them, so I'd guess the odds of getting the credit automatically are low. But if you're not close to any thresholds for status bump, eUps, etc, you could be our guinea pig and give it a few weeks.

Or you could just request credit after 8 days and they'll likely post to your account immediately.

Search this Thread