Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2022, 8:10 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bindy Johal
Should I call AP again?
No, because the people on the phone are basically reservation agents. They know very little about the program and can't actually do anything about issues like this.

Originally Posted by Bindy Johal
That's what I thought but the agent said EI earns nothing. 014 ticket purchased through AC.
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I can confirm that customer service got back to me regarding those flights saying that they were not eligible to earn AP points.
You should both write in and point out that their website very clearly says that you will earn points, and that you relied on the website when purchasing your tickets. Send them a link and maybe a screenshot.

Even if they've terminated the partnership with EI, that's not your problem - they should have updated the website, and they owe you the points. And if the partnership is no longer in place, they need to update the bloody website.

This is an absolutely ludicrous situation with staggering incompetence on AC's part.
Old May 16, 2022, 8:29 pm

I have a few legs that are not posting to my account or coming back as error when I do the self-service claim, so missing a bunch of bonus miles -- when I call Aeroplan the lady said to email [email protected] -- my emails are coming back with delivery failure. Does anyone have experience with this email? Or did I jot it down incorrectly? Thanks!
Old May 16, 2022, 10:41 pm

SQD error in my favour?
I'm trying to figure out how family members got 25K with a base fare of $1250 before taxes.
Over 3000SQD were credited.
They only flew during the double miles/QD promo, no credit cards or Starbucks affiliations.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:31 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by tracon
SQD error in my favour?
I'm trying to figure out how family members got 25K with a base fare of $1250 before taxes.
Over 3000SQD were credited.
They only flew during the double miles/QD promo, no credit cards or Starbucks affiliations.
Carrier imposed surcharges (YQ and/or YR) also count. It’s possible there was $250 in YQ, plus double SQD you’ve got your $3000.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by pycee
I have a few legs that are not posting to my account or coming back as error when I do the self-service claim, so missing a bunch of bonus miles -- when I call Aeroplan the lady said to email [email protected] -- my emails are coming back with delivery failure. Does anyone have experience with this email? Or did I jot it down incorrectly? Thanks!
Since this is a question about missing flights rather than specific to the promo in which you had originally posted it, I've moved your post here.

The answer to your question is .ca and not .com - also listed in the wiki of this thread.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Carrier imposed surcharges (YQ and/or YR) also count. It’s possible there was $250 in YQ, plus double SQD you’ve got your $3000.
Total price including taxes/AIF/YQ and anything else you can think of was less than $1400.
Not sure how SQD got to over $3000.
Old May 21, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: AC 75K, TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Is anybody having an issue with earning the Aeroplan Elite Status Bonus. I flew 4 times in April, I received the 50% bonus Aeroplan points on only one of the flights and have yet to receive anything since. I am now 75K and have not received the 75% bonus for the 3 flights that I have taken in May yet either. I have selected this benefit when I reached both 50K and 75K status.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:02 pm

Does anyone can give me some suggestion? I have a flight from HKG-YVR-YUL-YYZ and buy with Flex fare, but then the flight cancel I change the flight from HKG-ICN-YYZ and the HKG-ICN was operated by Asiana Airlines. But after I check that the HKG-ICN only give 50% but when I see the Air Canada website it said I can earn 100%, does anyone know what can I do ? Thanks.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by edmond00
I have a flight from HKG-YVR-YUL-YYZ and buy with Flex fare, but then the flight cancel I change the flight from HKG-ICN-YYZ and the HKG-ICN was operated by Asiana Airlines. But after I check that the HKG-ICN only give 50% but when I see the Air Canada website it said I can earn 100%, does anyone know what can I do ?
Earnings are always based on the operating carrier, as is noted in the fine print when you choose a fare. In this case, it doesn't matter that AC credits 100% on Flex fares, because that's only for flights operated by AC. You can check the earning chart for Asiana on the Aeroplan partners page, but it's likely that your AC Flex fare booked in to H, E, Q, K, or S on Asiana and the mileage you received is correct.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
If I made a flight change and looking to request missing SQM/SQD/Points, do I use the ticket number for my original booking or ticket number for the changed flight?

If I need to request with new ticket #, where can I find the new ticket # for my changed flight?

Also, has anyone run into issues with SQM/SQD not posting due to flight changes? I am assuming that the ticket number changes all fall under the same booking reference so they should credit correctly, right?

Last edited by c224488; Jun 1, 2022 at 1:39 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
I have a suggestion for future posts regarding missing SQM/SQD/SQS and Bonuses etc. I would suggest to add the following information:

1. Any Vouchers or eCoupons used (or any other promos on top of cash)

2. Flight Changes/Re-Bookings or IRROPS?

3. If yes to Flight Changes, was it done via CS Agent or Online via web/app

It seems that flights are not crediting when they have been changed (especially if its done by a Customer Service Rep/Agent). I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that many of the posters on here who have experienced delays or missing SQx have experienced some sort of flight change or delay that causes their Ticket # to change. I find that sometimes, when the Ticket # changes, the Fare Class is also affected.

Therefore, it would be nice to quantitatively track whether flight changes/bookings/IRROPS causes a greater chance of missing SQx.
kvroe likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I went to from YOW to DCA via YYZ, and back - around Easter weekend.

Booked about a month earlier.

Got the promo for double credit for YOW-YYZ and return flights- but not for the YYZ-DCA flights and return.

Can I ask for missing promo credit through the missing credits section of the Aeroplan web site, or do I have to email Aeroplan though the customer support section of AC/Aeroplan web site?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by ConAir
Is anybody having an issue with earning the Aeroplan Elite Status Bonus. I flew 4 times in April, I received the 50% bonus Aeroplan points on only one of the flights and have yet to receive anything since. I am now 75K and have not received the 75% bonus for the 3 flights that I have taken in May yet either. I have selected this benefit when I reached both 50K and 75K status.
I'm a newbie here having status matched last fall. As an E75, I've successfully received the 75 percent bonus on UA and AC flights that I've credited.

Weirdly though, I flew AC-ticketed Swiss-operated P class YUL ZRH last week and the regular miles posted correctly (100 percent at 3720), I received the elite status bonus of only 930 points, a 25 percent amount. I can't find anything in the fine print regarding this bonus being paid at a different rate. Weird?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by psiachp
I'm a newbie here having status matched last fall. As an E75, I've successfully received the 75 percent bonus on UA and AC flights that I've credited.

Weirdly though, I flew AC-ticketed Swiss-operated P class YUL ZRH last week and the regular miles posted correctly (100 percent at 3720), I received the elite status bonus of only 930 points, a 25 percent amount. I can't find anything in the fine print regarding this bonus being paid at a different rate. Weird?
Sounds like it's the class of service bonus and not the elite bonus. I think the elite bonus usually posts separately.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
Sounds like it's the class of service bonus and not the elite bonus. I think the elite bonus usually posts separately.
Definitely posted next day and was clearly labeled as elite status bonus. If it had been a class bonus, that would be in the original flight posting. Swiss P is 100 percent for international, nothing more.
vancouver25k likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.