Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Mine have been consistently posting a day or two after the flight posts, since November 9.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by pilot007
It's been a month now since my flight and my Aeroplan 100% bonus miles still haven't posted. The online form that I found on AC's website is only for the base AQM, but not for claiming the miles that my 100% select benefit offers. I contacted the concierge and they've spoken with an internal team who said it will take a few more weeks for these miles to post. Is anyone else experiencing delays with bonus miles posting? Usually I'd get them the Sunday following my flight.
I am still waiting for status bonus miles to post for flights taken in January, February and March. No resolution yet.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 2:53 pm

For those who have the Elite bonus miles (50% for 50k) as a select benefit, how long after a flight posts on the Aeroplan Activity page does the bonus take to show too?

I flew on United on Thursday, base miles posted today (Sat), but no 50% bonus per my selected benefit. Wondering if there's a lag time or if it should have posted at the same time.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
For those who have the Elite bonus miles (50% for 50k) as a select benefit, how long after a flight posts on the Aeroplan Activity page does the bonus take to show too?

I flew on United on Thursday, base miles posted today (Sat), but no 50% bonus per my selected benefit. Wondering if there's a lag time or if it should have posted at the same time.
It's been faster than the past few years, but it's certainly not instant. Not that long ago, it would post the Sunday after your flight posted. Now it seems to just lag a couple days.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's been faster than the past few years, but it's certainly not instant. Not that long ago, it would post the Sunday after your flight posted. Now it seems to just lag a couple days.
Thanks for saving the day... again!
Old Jan 12, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Missing miles - Rouge

Is anybody having difficulty getting miles for flights with Rouge?

I flew PVR-YYZ-YOW on Jan 4th and nothing showed up. I went online to claim for the YYZ-YOW flight and they credited me the miles.

When I try to credit the miles for PVR-YOW it tells me that Air Canada was not the operating airline. There is nothing in the dropdown for Rouge.

Should I just wait? I cannot recall it ever taking more than a full week to get miles but I have not flown in a while so I could be incorrect.

Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2021, 1:05 pm
dxl

Programs: AC*E75K, National EE
I have a similar experience: RV leg flown 3 January, no credit as of yesterday. I filed the "missing mileage" request on the website, we'll see what happens.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by dxl
I filed the "missing mileage" request on the website, we'll see what happens.
Where do you find this? All I can find is the form to fill out and then it tells me the flight was not operated by AC and sends me an email telling me I won't get any miles.

Super helpful
Old Jan 13, 2021, 6:07 am
dxl

There is a "Missing something?" link on the lower-left of the list of transactions; it isn't especially prominent.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:13 am

Thanks @dxl. I did see that and filled in the information but I end up with this. I then get an email telling me the miles will not be credited.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 6:11 am
dxl

"...the operating airline does not have a record of the ticket number you entered"
Double-check the ticket number (014xxxxxxxxxx). I always copy-paste from the emailed booking confirmation.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:34 am

I ended up sending an email under the "general inquiry" and I got a phone call from AC saying they would look into it.

The missing miles form is an example of way too much validation done on the inputs and gives the user no other options. If they want AC Rouge as a separate airline then they had better at least put it in the drop down box
Old Jan 14, 2021, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by dxl
"...the operating airline does not have a record of the ticket number you entered"
Double-check the ticket number (014xxxxxxxxxx). I always copy-paste from the emailed booking confirmation.
Do you have the BP? Every time you have a schedule change, your ticket number changes, and they need the one you actually flew on. If you don't have the BP, you'll wan the most recent email from AC about the booking, not the original one.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Do you have the BP? Every time you have a schedule change, your ticket number changes, and they need the one you actually flew on. If you don't have the BP, you'll wan the most recent email from AC about the booking, not the original one.
Yes, on my phone. In fact the BP works to claim the flight from YYZ - YOW but not from PVR - YYZ. Both these segments are on the same ticket. The issue here is that the system thinks Rouge is not Air Canada yet Rouge is not in the dropdown.

You are correct though with the changes - I had a lot of changes to this ticket.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 10:33 am

Sorry, but I wasn't responding to you. Your issue is definitely not one I can advise you on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.