Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 3, 22, 5:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Adam Smith
Wiki Link
For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS, as well as Aeroplan points).

This should trigger automatic SQD crediting.

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy.

Print Wikipost

Old Jan 3, 21, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Mine have been consistently posting a day or two after the flight posts, since November 9.
Old Jan 3, 21, 9:56 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by pilot007 View Post
It's been a month now since my flight and my Aeroplan 100% bonus miles still haven't posted. The online form that I found on AC's website is only for the base AQM, but not for claiming the miles that my 100% select benefit offers. I contacted the concierge and they've spoken with an internal team who said it will take a few more weeks for these miles to post. Is anyone else experiencing delays with bonus miles posting? Usually I'd get them the Sunday following my flight.
I am still waiting for status bonus miles to post for flights taken in January, February and March. No resolution yet.
Old Jan 9, 21, 2:53 pm

For those who have the Elite bonus miles (50% for 50k) as a select benefit, how long after a flight posts on the Aeroplan Activity page does the bonus take to show too?

I flew on United on Thursday, base miles posted today (Sat), but no 50% bonus per my selected benefit. Wondering if there's a lag time or if it should have posted at the same time.
Old Jan 9, 21, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MasterTravellr View Post
For those who have the Elite bonus miles (50% for 50k) as a select benefit, how long after a flight posts on the Aeroplan Activity page does the bonus take to show too?

I flew on United on Thursday, base miles posted today (Sat), but no 50% bonus per my selected benefit. Wondering if there's a lag time or if it should have posted at the same time.
It's been faster than the past few years, but it's certainly not instant. Not that long ago, it would post the Sunday after your flight posted. Now it seems to just lag a couple days.
Old Jan 9, 21, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
It's been faster than the past few years, but it's certainly not instant. Not that long ago, it would post the Sunday after your flight posted. Now it seems to just lag a couple days.
Thanks for saving the day... again!
Old Jan 18, 21, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by jasdou View Post
I am still waiting for status bonus miles to post for flights taken in January, February and March. No resolution yet.
Assuming you mean the 100% bonus Aeroplan points - have you received them yet? If not - you might want to call in. I haven't received mine either and just called in - after an extended wait on hold, was informed that apparently there was a systems cutover issue that relates to when I picked my 2020 privileges (late October). They were posted to the old system but didn't make the cutover. I've been told to check back in a couple of weeks.
Old Jan 18, 21, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by PB53x11 View Post
Assuming you mean the 100% bonus Aeroplan points - have you received them yet? If not - you might want to call in. I haven't received mine either and just called in - after an extended wait on hold, was informed that apparently there was a systems cutover issue that relates to when I picked my 2020 privileges (late October). They were posted to the old system but didn't make the cutover. I've been told to check back in a couple of weeks.
Thanks, yes, that is exactly what I mean, though it is 75% in my case given than I am an E75K member. I havent called in yet since I tried to sort this out with the Twitter team but I may give them a call tomorrow since that seems to have worked in your case.
Old Jan 19, 21, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had some flights post, and the math makes it seem like only the YQ posted as SQD, but not the base fare.

As such, the amounts are ridiculously low.
Old Jan 19, 21, 1:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
I had some flights post, and the math makes it seem like only the YQ posted as SQD, but not the base fare.

As such, the amounts are ridiculously low.
I also had an SQD problem yesterday. I had to retro credit a YYC-YVR flight from last month since it hadn't posted. AQD should have been $465, but it only posted $171. YQ/YR on that route is only $16 though, so no idea where the 171 comes from.

They credited the miles as Y instead of Flex U though, so I figured I'd leave well enough alone. A few extra AQD in 2020 does nothing for me, but 107 Aeroplan miles is 107 Aeroplan miles!
Old Apr 13, 21, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
Missing miles request

I have a flight that didnt credit to my account from 2 weeks ago. I filled out the missing miles request and it was denied with the reason that it was credited to my account already. Is there an email contact for Aeroplan to submit the screenshots? It will be tough to explain the problem to a phone agent
Old May 5, 21, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC
Has anyone else used a voucher for travel this year? I spent one from a 2020 cancellation on a 2021 booking and expected the total SQD spent since last year's cancelled flights generated none. Looking back, I only received the fare difference of $51 in the SQD for this year.
Is this correct for tariff rules? I have searched and can't find anything to that effect. I knew about the pending refunds, but was happy to spend the credits for travel without the wait. Is this offside, or a cautionary tale to others?
I am pretty sure from memory, but have no objective proof that voucher credits redeemed in 2020 generated their full SQD value.
Old May 5, 21, 10:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by FlY2XS View Post
Has anyone else used a voucher for travel this year?

[...]

I am pretty sure from memory, but have no objective proof that voucher credits redeemed in 2020 generated their full SQD value.
AQD/SQD have always been awarded amounts paid by eCoupon/voucher/gift card (provided they're eligible for xQD, of course).

But sometimes it creates a problem for automatic crediting.

I've received SQD for an amount paid with eCoupon since the program switched over. So nothing new or sinister here due to Aeroplan 2.0, you've just encountered a garden-variety IT issue.

Submit your discrepancy and I'm sure they'll rectify it.
Old May 5, 21, 10:47 pm

Programs: AC
Thx Adam, I will try again....again. I didn't think it was ominous, just willing to admit I might be clueless. Am I wrong, but it feels like it was easier last year to submit and explain disrepencies? I have already filed once under the missing miles banner which got fixed. Is this better as a resubmit or call do you think?
Old May 5, 21, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by FlY2XS View Post
Thx Adam, I will try again....again. I didn't think it was ominous, just willing to admit I might be clueless. Am I wrong, but it feels like it was easier last year to submit and explain disrepencies? I have already filed once under the missing miles banner which got fixed. Is this better as a resubmit or call do you think?
I don't follow what you mean about resubmitting. Have you already submitted and SQD discrepancy through the relevant form and they only gave you the $51?

Or did you submit a missing miles request and they gave you the miles but messed up the SQD?
Old May 6, 21, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had the same issue with eCoupons not awarding *QD.

The discrepancy form always solved the issue.

Search this Thread