Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
Not sure of the condition on other fares, but I had a standard fare. On Aeroplan partners page, they do say that you can earn on EI, but the conditions are not clear to me.
My fares this year were J through AC and upcoming is Latitude through AC again
Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Bindy Johal
My fares this year were J through AC and upcoming is Latitude through AC again
May be worth writing in then? I couldn't get the form to work (sorry was a while ago and I don't remember the error). I had to write customer service who routed it to Aeroplan.
Old May 2, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
My last five flights (all from last two weeks) have all posted with one segment (and accompanying SQD/S/M) missing. Is anyone else having this issue?
Old May 4, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Can anyone help me figure this out?

Recently flew: YUL-FRA-NCE in PY and CDG-YUL in PY
fare basis : 1717 USD (+/- 2,000 CAD)
YQ: 616 USD (+/- 789 CAD)

According to Cow's PNR viewer I get:
YUL-FRA: SQD 1131 USD (1448 CAD)
FRA-NCE: SQD 138 USD (177 CAD)
CDG-YUL: SQD 1065 USD (1364 CAD)

now because of a fare change, (had to change departure dates, and then had to do an open jaw an leave from CDG instead of NCE for the way back) AC only posts the SQD as the fare change (+/- 1K).

so when the flights posted I got this:
YUL-FRA: SQD 481(CAD) + 481 SQD as the accelarate your way to status posted
FRA-NCE: SQD 67 (CAD) (LH leg so no accelelate your way to status SQD bonus)
CDG-YUL: SQD 515 (CAD) (no bonus for accelerate your way to status bonus posted yet)

I did not do a SQD discrepency email to AC since then and then magically this morning these two lines got posted I'm guess it's the missing SQD and the promo accelerate your way to status:

AC adjustment 1770 SQD
AC adjustement 1619 SQD

all in all I got 481 + 481 + 67 + 515 + 1770 + 1619 = 4933 SQD posted and if the CDG-YUL leg posts the promo SQD (given it'll replicate what it posted on my dashboard for the initial flight of 515 SQD) I'll have gotten 4933+515= 5448

Meanwhile my calculation leads me to believe I should of received total of: 5801 SQD = (1448 x 2 + 177 + 1364 x 2)

Am I correct in calculating that I am missing 353 SQD (5801-5448)?
Old May 4, 2022, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by royal757
Am I correct in calculating that I am missing 353 SQD (5801-5448)?
Did you buy this ticket denominated in USD? Did you pay any change fees, and have you included those? It would be helpful if you could provide additional details on what you paid and when.

You could also share the new YUL-FRA base mileage in the calculator thread.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:51 pm

I've noticed that each time I change a flight, I get a new ticket number. Is this how things always worked? When I look up my PNR, I only see the latest one. (Both through AC and cowtool - probably the same data.) Are lost ticket numbers the source of missing SQDs?
Old May 4, 2022, 8:15 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Did you buy this ticket denominated in USD? Did you pay any change fees, and have you included those? It would be helpful if you could provide additional details on what you paid and when.

You could also share the new YUL-FRA base mileage in the calculator thread.
Yes, I bought my ticket denominated in USD for 2057 USD. (LHR-YUL-LHR in J)

I changed my ticket for YUL-FRA-NCE-FRA-YUL, paid a fare difference of 950 USD and got reimbursed 640 USD. So net-net my ticket becomes 2367 USD

I then changed my return ticket to CDG-YUL (instead of NCE-FRA-YUL). It costed my 30 USD and I got reimbursed 24 USD and was issued a gift card of 243 USD because of the fare difference in my favor. So net-net my ticket becomes 2130 USD, however on the cow calculator I see YQ as 616 and base fare 1717 all in USD it says. Taxes is something around 150 USD. Is the calculator factoring in the gift card somehow? I'm confused. See below.

Old May 10, 2022, 6:34 pm

Not sure of the condition on other fares, but I had a standard fare. On Aeroplan partners page, they do say that you can earn on EI, but the conditions are not clear to me.

SO! Just called Aeroplan they said No SQM/SQS/SQD or Aeroplan Points are earned on EI flights. RIP
vancouver25k likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 6:51 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Has anyone experienced clawbacks of Elite Bonus points? I’ve had my last handful of trips clawed back (SQMs still there, thankfully), but the % of Elite Bonuses have posted and taken away a day later. I have no idea why.
Old May 10, 2022, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Bindy Johal
SO! Just called Aeroplan they said No SQM/SQS/SQD or Aeroplan Points are earned on EI flights. RIP
They should remove EI from the Aeroplan partners page then...
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 9:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You get Aeroplan points if it's AC marketed. You don't if it's not.
Old May 10, 2022, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
This is AC marketed, no?

Old May 10, 2022, 10:09 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This is AC marketed, no?
Yes.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:34 pm

I can confirm that customer service got back to me regarding those flights saying that they were not eligible to earn AP points.
Old May 11, 2022, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's what I thought but the agent said EI earns nothing. 014 ticket purchased through AC.

Should I call AP again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.