Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 8:49 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've found lately that my flights either post on the 2nd (or, rarely, 3rd) day after departure, or not at all. Or at least not by the 8th day.

With the old Aeroplan, I found 4-8 days was typical. But it was incredibly rare for an AC metal segment not to post. I think I've done more retro credit requests in the <18 months of the new program (on a pretty low volume of flights, since so many of my segments have been on UFPs) than I had in the previous 5 years combined.

I would rather wait a bit longer and have it post automatically than have to retro credit.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: AC E75K
Just another datapoint: I've found LH flights to post very reliably within 24 hours. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
My flight from YYZ-LAS on 18 Apr posted today 26 April. So 8 days.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
Well this is a new one. Flew United Airlines with my Aeroplan number, didn't get the miles/dollars posted, filled out the missing form thinking it should trigger. Got an error that the airline was not an eligible Aeroplan partner at the time of the flight. I got the credit for the UA segment on the outbound... Fun, fun, fun.
Also have this from a trip in March, 014 ticket in flex, UA flight (AC codeshare) isn't an eligible partner but 3 of 4 segments posted...
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Odd situation that could be further complicated by a SDC made at the airport. Finally had my flight post a couple days ago (10 days after), but the status bar nor my total points balance have increased to reflect the new activity.

I've relogged on both app and on computer. Any ideas? Worth giving AC a call?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Just another datapoint: I've found LH flights to post very reliably within 24 hours. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Same here, had a LH segment on a YUL-FRA-NCE trip last week and it all posted the next day. The return CDG-YUL on AC still hasn't posted after 48hours.

I feel that if LH is involved it'll posted quickly, otherwise regular AC wait and see game.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
Well that didn't last long - now missing $228 SQD from a flight last Thursday. I had initially booked a Standard fare for travel end of this month, but had some other requirements last week to fly in, so changed it to last week. Received the right SQD from my fare change, but missing the $228 from here.

Will submit the request on Friday, based on the last request it will take a month to receive...the amount of credits I'm expecting from Part A and Part B promo's will also get me over the 75k threshold and the $10k SQD Priority Reward threshold, so long run this shouldn't affect me too much.
Pleasantly surprised - I submitted my request for missing SQD on Sunday night - I suggested I was missing $226 across two segments. I just got a response confirming that $452 SQD has now been deposited into my Aeroplan account. This goes in-line with my earlier SQD issue where they manually provided me double what I was supposed to receive. This lines up with the Promo Bonus.to April 30th of double SQX.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:32 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by theranj
Pleasantly surprised - I submitted my request for missing SQD on Sunday night - I suggested I was missing $226 across two segments. I just got a response confirming that $452 SQD has now been deposited into my Aeroplan account. This goes in-line with my earlier SQD issue where they manually provided me double what I was supposed to receive. This lines up with the Promo Bonus.to April 30th of double SQX.
Same here. I thought they were being generous with the SQD but then realized they're taking into account the current promo. What I'm most amazed with, though, is that they responded within 48 hrs of my query...
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
Data point: Filled out an SQD request Monday in relation to a changed ticket and significant missing SQD. Issue resolved today. Very pleased.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
I've had the SQD for a Latitude ticket to Europe post as 22. Definately cost a little bit more! Once again this is a ticket that had a chance made to it...
Have to watch like a hawk, and then I know it's going to take a number of emails and maybe even a phone call. SIGH.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I just had a YYJ-YEG latitude flight pass booking post as 4 SQD.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC 75K
I am booking flights through AC (014) but part of segment is with Aer Lingus. I am eligible to earn SQM/SQD for it? I am unable to submit the request using the missing form online.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Bindy Johal
I am booking flights through AC (014) but part of segment is with Aer Lingus. I am eligible to earn SQM/SQD for it? I am unable to submit the request using the missing form online.
This was my experience with earning on EI segments (014 ticket): Questions re: booking AC flights through Expedia
Bindy Johal likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
This was my experience with earning on EI segments (014 ticket): Questions re: booking AC flights through Expedia
RIP so no points or SQM/SQD for EI. That's annoying but I assume its because they are not part of the Star Alliance
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Bindy Johal
RIP so no points or SQM/SQD for EI. That's annoying but I assume its because they are not part of the Star Alliance
Not sure of the condition on other fares, but I had a standard fare. On Aeroplan partners page, they do say that you can earn on EI, but the conditions are not clear to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.