Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
AC flight, ticketed by AC, with my wife's status showing on the BP

Way to go, AC
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I can tell from this thread that this won't be a stellar year for things posting correctly or posting at all. I had one of four flights post fairly quickly last week then crickets . . .
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
Yup - almost 1-month out from March 6th/issue with SQD, and passed 50k with my last flight on Thursday...the need for this missing SQD goes down drastically assuming all my paid flights/expected credits come in as planned, I'll cross the $9,000 SQD threshold for for 75k by end of June
I was thinking this morning after dropping the kids off to school I should call and check in on this when surprise surprise, I got home and saw an e-mail from AC on this - they confirmed the missing SQD and applied it to my account.

I was expecting $180 to make up the difference , but my credit is $360...I'm making an assumption that since they did a manual credit, they also gave me the Jump Start promo as well in the manual adjustment
Old Apr 16, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
I just flew the first leg of a PY ticket (A class) and the SQD posted is so low compared to my base fare. Wondering if this happened to anyone?

data: 2k base, 600 YQ and first leg only showing 481SQD. I doubt the second leg will post as 2200 something SQD
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:01 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by royal757
I just flew the first leg of a PY ticket (A class) and the SQD posted is so low compared to my base fare. Wondering if this happened to anyone?

data: 2k base, 600 YQ and first leg only showing 481SQD. I doubt the second leg will post as 2200 something SQD
Regardless of what you paid for a segment, SQD is pro-rated across the entire ticket. There's a detailed explanation in the status overview/FAQ.

If this a straight up round trip, it's likely wrong. But if it's something else, it's possible this is correct - you haven't given us enough information to go on.

You can use the SQx calculator to determine what the correct amount should have been.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Regardless of what you paid for a segment, SQD is pro-rated across the entire ticket. There's a detailed explanation in the status overview/FAQ.

If this a straight up round trip, it's likely wrong. But if it's something else, it's possible this is correct - you haven't given us enough information to go on.

You can use the SQx calculator to determine what the correct amount should have been.

it’s a straight up round trip ticket.

2975$ (2021$ base 616$ YQ) flown in PY
yul-FRA-nce-FRA-yul

the 2nd and 3rd legs are LH eco.

im thinking, because I had an original YULLHr-yul in J and reticketed to PY and to NCE I had a fare difference to pay of 1k and got reimbursed the London taxes of 640.

was I now only credited for the 1k I paid ?

so far what I have posted is:

YUL FRA 481 eqd
FRA YUL 67 eqd

which is very far from the Status qualification tool you provided.

mileage is correct tho. 1.25X
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: AC SE MM
im thinking, because I had an original YULLHr-yul in J and reticketed to PY and to NCE I had a fare difference to pay of 1k and got reimbursed the London taxes of 640.
I also experienced incorrect SQD posting for tickets which had been reticketed. The SQD had to be repaired manually. I was also told the promos will be incorrect also, so the manual adjustment included the SQD amount the promo will miss..
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by mountainboy
I also experienced incorrect SQD posting for tickets which had been reticketed. The SQD had to be repaired manually. I was also told the promos will be incorrect also, so the manual adjustment included the SQD amount the promo will miss..
exactly my situation. Can you PM me and help me with the step by step on what to do and who to contact? This is a close to 3k ticket which will help me with the promo to get close to the 6k needed for 50k
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
exactly my situation. Can you PM me and help me with the step by step on what to do and who to contact? This is a close to 3k ticket which will help me with the promo to get close to the 6k needed for 50k
Unfortunately nothing special: email AC customer relations, then wait a couple of weeks for them to reply. I suggest you wait until your roundtrip is finished.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
I was thinking this morning after dropping the kids off to school I should call and check in on this when surprise surprise, I got home and saw an e-mail from AC on this - they confirmed the missing SQD and applied it to my account.

I was expecting $180 to make up the difference , but my credit is $360...I'm making an assumption that since they did a manual credit, they also gave me the Jump Start promo as well in the manual adjustment
Well that didn't last long - now missing $228 SQD from a flight last Thursday. I had initially booked a Standard fare for travel end of this month, but had some other requirements last week to fly in, so changed it to last week. Received the right SQD from my fare change, but missing the $228 from here.

Will submit the request on Friday, based on the last request it will take a month to receive...the amount of credits I'm expecting from Part A and Part B promo's will also get me over the 75k threshold and the $10k SQD Priority Reward threshold, so long run this shouldn't affect me too much.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Forget about the bonus, are regular flights not posting in a timely fashion ? 7 days since my AC flight, no complexity, still not posted. I need the SQD to book a priority reward and the decent flights are vanishing.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by vernonc
Forget about the bonus, are regular flights not posting in a timely fashion ? 7 days since my AC flight, no complexity, still not posted. I need the SQD to book a priority reward and the decent flights are vanishing.
I am finding that most of my multi-segment bookings don't all post at the same time. Typically anywhere from 4 to 7 days apart. And to keep this on topic, I haven't been getting the bonus points either!
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
My flights have been posting out of order, so it makes for tricky tracking. It was quite reliable over the previous 2 weeks with respect to flights crediting to my account.

Several of my flights have also taken 7 days, but that saves me from having to submit the form on the 8th day.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:28 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Recently flew Aegean on an economy fare which I upgraded to J using their Gold upgrade vouchers. I guess the upgrades book into "I" class which is why my flights never posted and when I tried to claim the missing miles I got the "booking class is not eligible for Aeroplan points" error. Escalated the issue but it's really annoying that there is no function to "appeal" such error messages on the website (for example, by attaching supporting docs), so each time one has to escalate manually by calling Aeroplan.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
Other than one segment i had to fill a form for that I was missing (it posted almost immediately afterwards), I typically always get it within 2 business days
vancouver25k likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.