Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think they're just way behind based on my experience. Unless it's the difference between status levels, I think you're fine if you've filled out the form.
Flights are taking a long time to post as of late. I am still missing a few.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
I think they're just way behind based on my experience. Unless it's the difference between status levels, I think you're fine if you've filled out the form.
I have about $180 SQD missing from a March 6th flight... and am currently $142 SQD away from 50k. I suspect my next paid flight on March 30th will post before I get the missing SQD... I've filed in the form twice.

Also missing the Jump Start bonus from 3 flights in Feb/ early March, but that's a different topic
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:53 pm

Programs: AC SE-MM
I would agree, I just received credit for a flight on December 22nd that I inquired about via the web form on January 11th.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: AC 75K
Same here. I just received the correct SQD for 2 flights on Dec 22nd as well. There was also a new entry added to Jan 23rd (date the 2021 rollover posted) with an SQD adjustment, which I was happy to see. So they seem to be automatically adding any corrections to 2021 SQS/SQD/SQM to 2022 given the rollover.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:03 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SearsTower
I just submitted a missing flight request and it was instantly approved as several previous ones were. if it is so easy to approve it so quickly, why the heck can't the system just post it to begin with! It almost seams like it is intentional because many flyers do not track their flights posting as well as many on here do.
I doubt it's intentional, but I do concur with your second sentence. I had the same with my outbound flights from last week's MR to BOG.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Quick question....Cowtool pulls this up for a booking my friend has:

2 AC 866 AC YUL LHR PY A HK 02 JUN 2205 0935+1 03 JUN 6:30 AHA7RCE Open for use 788 14H M, B 3237 50% 1619 441

It's a PY fare and the seat is in PY but the calculator says 50% credit! Anyone know if this a glitch or is there an issue with the booking behind the scenes?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Quick question....Cowtool pulls this up for a booking my friend has:

2 AC 866 AC YUL LHR PY A HK 02 JUN 2205 0935+1 03 JUN 6:30 AHA7RCE Open for use 788 14H M, B 3237 50% 1619 441

It's a PY fare and the seat is in PY but the calculator says 50% credit! Anyone know if this a glitch or is there an issue with the booking behind the scenes?
Ah, oops. We need to update the calculator code to deal with the move of A from Y to PY. Gimme a few mins.

Edit: Done

But this isn't really a missing miles issue. It's a cowtool issue

Last edited by canadiancow; Mar 29, 2022 at 4:43 pm
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Sorry, could not find the thread! Appreciate the quick reply and fix!!
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
I have about $180 SQD missing from a March 6th flight... and am currently $142 SQD away from 50k. I suspect my next paid flight on March 30th will post before I get the missing SQD... I've filed in the form twice.

Also missing the Jump Start bonus from 3 flights in Feb/ early March, but that's a different topic
Yup - almost 1-month out from March 6th/issue with SQD, and passed 50k with my last flight on Thursday...the need for this missing SQD goes down drastically assuming all my paid flights/expected credits come in as planned, I'll cross the $9,000 SQD threshold for for 75k by end of June
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:54 pm

Had the same issue.
My name worked fine for 3 of 4 ACV flights but not the 4th.
Was fixed on appeal but don't understand the problem.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Same here, SQD posting for a recent W long haul covered only the change fee of $25 instead of nearly $2k spent, and on top of it AC's IT is yet to credit the 15x Aeroplan card Black Friday promo, as well as another promo code for 1000pts.In the last year

In any given time in the last year there were at least 2 pending IT issues/missing pts/SQD with regards to flights/promos with AC. If there is any AC lurker here, IT would be the word to pass on...

PS yes, it is not all perfect with other airlines yet and by far not to the same extent in terms of error posting/rectifying time...
Old Apr 8, 2022, 4:20 pm

Time for Points to Post to Aeroplan Account

I flew on AC in J class March 22 and 25 but there is no sign of the points in my Aeroplan account. Should it be taking this long? I read that it can take up to 2 months for credit card bonuses, Uber, etc. but I thought flights on AC were supposed to post faster.

Thanks
Old Apr 8, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Sometimes flight points don't post for some reason. If they don't use the Missing Something link in the app or on the website. It requires ticket number and other information but can work well. Last time I used it the points showed up in 15 minutes!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:38 pm

Thanks. I tried that and it said my fare class was not eligible for points or status. I booked through RBC with Avion points and further research on FT revealed that Avion bookings are not eligible for points. I was surprised by this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:43 am

Well this is a new one. Flew United Airlines with my Aeroplan number, didn't get the miles/dollars posted, filled out the missing form thinking it should trigger. Got an error that the airline was not an eligible Aeroplan partner at the time of the flight. I got the credit for the UA segment on the outbound... Fun, fun, fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.