Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Mrs. Smith and I did a little day trip to YCD a few days ago. YYC-YCD and YVR-YYC have posted, but not YCD-YVR. It hasn't been long, so I guess it still might post, but what the heck is going on over there? Combined with reports from others upthread, what an incredible mess this is just getting credit for AC metal flights.
I did a round trip same day for work on November 9th:
  • YCD - YVR posted evening of Nov 10th
  • YVR- YCD has not posted yet
... this is frustrating as I only have 1 more trip planned this Tuesday for end of year and need these 3 legs to hit my SQD requirement for 25k (in turn to get my status boost by Nov 30th).
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Regarding my July 5 LHR-YYZ, I awoke to this:

This is following your email regarding a points credit request.

As we are currently experiencing problems in receiving a response from the carrier in question we have, on an exceptional basis, credited the applicable points to your account. You may view the confirmation of this transaction within the next 24 hours by logging in to your account online.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Aeroplan – Customer Service
I want to be clear, "the carrier in question" is Air Canada.

Oh well, now I'm only missing one trans-oceanic flight , so I can go back to worrying about it instead.
Duff76 likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Nov 17, 2021 at 9:11 am Reason: Fixed quote
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Bonvoy Tit; Accor Dia
I have had it a couple of times recently where the YYJ-YVR (and return) connector posts 5 days after the rest of the itinerary (YVR-YYZ and beyond) has posted.

It's like the intraprovincial QK connectors suddenly are a different beast.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:20 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingFiasco
I have had it a couple of times recently where the YYJ-YVR (and return) connector posts 5 days after the rest of the itinerary (YVR-YYZ and beyond) has posted.

It's like the intraprovincial QK connectors suddenly are a different beast.
not wanting to take a risk, I booked one more trip for next Tuesday at flex fare just in case... if everything posts I'll cancel it on Monday. AC ineptitude on crediting points potential gets them more money again sigh
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by theranj
not wanting to take a risk, I booked one more trip for next Tuesday at flex fare just in case... if everything posts I'll cancel it on Monday. AC ineptitude on crediting points potential gets them more money again sigh
You should be able to put in the request online tomorrow, and I find that works well most of the time.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You should be able to put in the request online tomorrow, and I find that works well most of the time.
Just when I think I can't get more confused...quick recap, hopefully not taking this thread too far off topic:
  • As of Mon, Nov 8th, I was at 20 SQS, and $2,149 SQD
  • I had two more round-trips booked the following two Tuesday's (Nov 9th and 16th) YCD-YVR which would get me to 24 SQS and $3,000+ SQD (not sure exact amount, but under $3,100)
  • I also expected 2 SQS via my TD Aeroplan Black card, to hit 26 SQS and get Aeroplan 25k status - my statement date is Nov 16th so should post on Wed (today) or tomorrow
  • I expected everything above to all post by Monday, Nov 22nd...since I signed up for the boost your status promotion in summer by spending $10k, I would have Aeroplan 35k status at some point in Jan 2022
...per my earlier posts in this thread, I'm missing 1 SQS from Nov 9th still, and just completed my Nov 16th trip.

I logged in this morning during my morning coffee, and can see:
  1. My Nov 9th leg still missing (should have posted by now) - I am missing my return leg
  2. My Nov 16th trip not posted (expected - too early)
  3. Various Aeroplan points/EDQ posted from my Black card for this months statement (all expected)
    1. Roughly 33,000 from both spend and the 10x Accelerator bonus
    2. My 2 SQS/2,000 SQM
But the kicker...now the website says I have reached Aeroplan 25k status, even though I'm still short - any thoughts/feedback? The only thing I can "think" of is that the backend can see I've met requirements, even though the dashboard does not show it:

Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Had a great trip IAD-YYZ-LIS and back last week to lock in my status under the status match program. My flights YYZ-LIS and LIS-YYZ have posted but IAD-YYZ and YYZ-IAD still haven't posted. Is that a common occurrence?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Nov 17, 2021 at 9:07 pm Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Is that a common occurrence?
Normally, no. Lately, lots of problems with AC metal flights. Plenty of posts upthread with stories.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Bonvoy Tit; Accor Dia
Originally Posted by FlyingFiasco
I just resubmitted my August LQM issues (all on QK) as well.
Everything October forward has been cleaned up but my summer woes continue. Strangely, the LQM were up to date at some point and then over 2300 disappeared / rolled back.
This all was resolved today and my LQM are up to date again.

No further correspondence, just the correction.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 6:09 am

Just when I think I can't get more confused...quick recap, hopefully not taking this thread too far off topic...
My 2 segments from earlier this week posted, and I submitted an online request for my still missing segment from Nov 9th - it was added within 10 minutes and I got a popup saying "New Status Achieved" that I didn't get before...still not sure why it was unlocked early but all is right (for now lol)

Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:21 am

My 2 segments from earlier this week posted, and I submitted an online request for my still missing segment from Nov 9th - it was added within 10 minutes and I got a popup saying "New Status Achieved" that I didn't get before...still not sure why it was unlocked early but all is right (for now lol)
Congratulations! I seem to get the "new status achieved" message every month or so, even though I haven't changed status!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2MM, bonvoy titanium lifetime, united silver
Mods Please feel free to move this post to cc thread - I’m posting here because it relates to both flight activity and credit card sqm.

I received a call from ac/AP customer service this am. The agent was very pleasant and explained that Ac was aware of the issues relating to flight activity and that fixing it was a “priority” for the company. She advised that the missed segments issues would likely continue for at least a couple of weeks but would be remedied by end of year. She knew less about sqm and sqs than anyone on this forum and it was (to me) mind boggling that the people charged by ac with member Interaction regarding the fix don’t even understand the program ?

In respect of my long standing credit card missing sqm she was very apologetic and indicated she would escalate the issue with CIBC . I wished her good luck and advised that I had done just that already and that CIBC was adamant that the issue was with AP. So the two stooges Who’s on first comedy sketch continues ….

Lastly I filled out the most recent AP survey today and made note of how annoying the perpetual problem of missed credits is to most members , particularly in view of the strange circumstances surrounding travel these days and the fact that many of us have modified our behaviour to take advantage of the promotions … yes I got the card and yes I flew a lot and yes your promotions worked but sadly I didn’t get all my sqm’s and even more sadly you seem to be incapable of fixing it?

I figure that the more of us that raise this in the survey the better and the more likely that Ac/AP treat it as a real priority . I also indicated that the lack of knowledge of the program exhibited by the agents was astounding and exacerbated the annoyance and frustration and suggested a dedicated SE phone line to individuals with working knowledge of the programs might be a good idea …
24left, kenlor and Duff76 like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 4:42 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / FB Platinum / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gadflyboy
In respect of my long standing credit card missing sqm she was very apologetic and indicated she would escalate the issue with CIBC . I wished her good luck and advised that I had done just that already and that CIBC was adamant that the issue was with AP. So the two stooges Who’s on first comedy sketch continues ….
gadflyboy This is indeed frustrating and I experienced the same thing with CIBC a few months ago. CIBC kept saying "Aeroplan is responsible for posting SQMs" while AP, expectedly, was saying the opposite. In my case, though, the missing SQMs were automatically rectified within 2 billing cycles.

AMEX is a different matter and the way they post SQMs is very confusing, but so far they have been correct IME.
gadflyboy likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
All my elite requirements and LQMs have been corrected (to the best of my knowledge). A few non-elite issues remain (e.g., refunds and flight credits).
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:05 am

5 of us flew YYZ-ZRH-BCN (AC and LX) on 3 PNRs.

The flight were credited to:
1. AC
2. AC + UA
3. AC + UA

Everyone except me has received credit for the AC flights. I have received the LX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.