Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2MM, bonvoy titanium lifetime, united silver
Thanks cow and mike - I’ll let you know how my issue progresses. Cheers
Old Nov 1, 2021, 4:20 pm

Just now off phone with aeroplan. Agent advised that they are aware of the issue, that it impacted many members who flew October 22 through 28 , that the “new” protocol required AP to forward issue to AC “status benefits” group, and that he had no idea how long it would take to sort out. The bit about status benefits and new protocol sounded dodgy but what do I know.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan, ShebaMiles, SkyMiles
Got a weird double email reply about my credits being rejects, but this came from the email ID "AE_Onl Req Stalled" - Looks like they've created a special email ID for some of these requests that aren't being approved by the tool. At least it appears someone actually read through my case this time, as opposed to just plugging the details into the online system. Will see if things get credited properly.

Thank you for your email regarding a points credit request.

We confirm that the necessary information and travel documents have been received by Aeroplan. Your flight credit request has been escalated to Air Canada for investigation. Please allow from 6 to 10 weeks to process the request..

We trust this information to be useful and thank you for your patience.
Regards,
Aeroplan – Customer Service

This is following your email regarding a points credit request.

As we are currently experiencing problems in receiving a response from the carrier in question we have, on an exceptional basis, credited the applicable points to your account. You may view the confirmation of this transaction within the next 24 hours by logging in to your account online.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Aeroplan – Customer Service
And similar to gadflyboy, it's kind of funny as the "carrier in question" in this case is Air Canada.
gadflyboy likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mike88m
Just a DP on missing SQD. I got some help from a phone agent and within 2 days saw the proper SQD post and received a follow up e-mail as per below:

"Thank you for taking the time to write in. We have looked into your verification request and are glad to inform you that the SQD you were missing for this itinerary have now been added to your account. You can view this adjustment by signing into your account and then accessing the “Activities” tab.

Please do not hesitate to write back if ever you have other SQD related queries in the future.

Best regards,

Audrey

Aeroplan Elite team"

This email came from [email protected] in case anyone can make use of it. I'm trying again for another SQD issue and will report back. Hopefully I get a similar 2 days turnaround instead of the 6-10 week reply from the online submission.
Did you speak to a regular Aeroplan agent at the start? How did you get this resolved so quickly? Thanks for enlightening us further.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:42 am

Mike - really appreciate the info …. Did the call itself do the job or did you write in as per the AP response (which we know is far from the good standard of factual accuracy ). If you did write in , to whom did you write ? Cheers and thanks
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:44 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
So, I have some missing bonus miles and I put in a request via the general AC complaint form. (I went that route because the usual Request Missing Points form offers no ability to add comments and I already got the SQM/SQD for this flight.) Over 12 weeks later, I still no nothing from AC other than the usual case file acknowledgment email. Did I screw up - is there a better way to request missing bonus miles from AC?

In the scheme of things (like some missing SQM/SQD and a travel voucher that I'm chasing down) this is just a couple of thousand AE miles, so I'm not heartbroken. But this is a an advertised benefit of being an SE and I'm willing to poke them one more time.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
So, I have some missing bonus miles and I put in a request via the general AC complaint form. (I went that route because the usual Request Missing Points form offers no ability to add comments and I already got the SQM/SQD for this flight.) Over 12 weeks later, I still no nothing from AC other than the usual case file acknowledgment email. Did I screw up - is there a better way to request missing bonus miles from AC?

In the scheme of things (like some missing SQM/SQD and a travel voucher that I'm chasing down) this is just a couple of thousand AE miles, so I'm not heartbroken. But this is a an advertised benefit of being an SE and I'm willing to poke them one more time.
Let me know, because I'm missing the SE bonus on 4 flights ranging from January to August.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 10:46 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I don't know of any better way than what you're doing. Not that I've resolved my missing bonus miles from last December.

I didn't end up writing in until July. I got a reply within a week that they had already credited, referencing a date when they had fixed an SQD discrepancy on the same booking. I wrote them back and explained the issue, and they acknowledged it and said they'd pass it on to the correct people.

I hadn't heard from them, so a day or two ago, I sent them another note expressing my frustration and asking for an update. They said they'd pass it on to the correct people and apologized for the delay.

We'll see whether I ever get the 426 points.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 10:55 am

I guess "the correct people" are on vacation. A lot.

Welcome to benefits roulette.
gadflyboy likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:22 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Update: they seem to be fixing the issue of recent wonky point postings for the Oct 21-28 period. My SQMs and 75K bonus showed up today without having to call or file a claim. The only thing that is still missing is the 15% Comfort fare bonus from the SQM but I won't lose sleep over it and it's not worth my time chasing it.
gadflyboy likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 6:27 am

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
I just got an adjustment for SQM but still missing SQS.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I don't know of any better way than what you're doing. Not that I've resolved my missing bonus miles from last December.

I didn't end up writing in until July. I got a reply within a week that they had already credited, referencing a date when they had fixed an SQD discrepancy on the same booking. I wrote them back and explained the issue, and they acknowledged it and said they'd pass it on to the correct people.

I hadn't heard from them, so a day or two ago, I sent them another note expressing my frustration and asking for an update. They said they'd pass it on to the correct people and apologized for the delay.

We'll see whether I ever get the 426 points.
I had a whole to do about something similar. I also expressed my considerable frustration and got 4000 miles as a result.

It almost feels as though things change from week to week and day to day. The whole ongoing AC IT mess is a considerable time suck.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Just got my missing SQD for flights in mid October. Requests were sent Oct 18th via the missing SQD form.

Still missing LQM for some older flights
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:13 am

I also got my 2 missing flights of SQM, but no SQS, LQM or EDQ.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:39 am

Well, that was easy.

Submitted two requests for points from missing flights and they showed up in my Dashboard instantly. SQD/SQS/SQM all correct now. No SE Bonus miles though, but I will wait a few days / weeks to see if those show up.

This is the first time I've had to submit a missing flight request for a while, so I am impressed. Since these flights were from the YHZ Do, I think I will celebrate this AC IT non-fail with a Blueberry Grunt tonight.
painintheuk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.