Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:20 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Had a DFW-DEN-YYZ post incorrectly but only got the correct amounts for DFW-DEN. Seems that the AC segments has some issues even after reaching out to customer support.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Westjet Gold, Skymiles, Alaska MP, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Amex MR
Once again, Air Canada has chosen to award a random/made up number for SQD. I've not had a single flight in 2021 that credited the actual SQD. This time, for $1,401, I got 626 SQD...45% is better than the 20-25% I've gotten on most flights. As usual, reported the discrepancy and promptly got it adjusted, but I get the sense at this point that Air Canada is doing it on purpose.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Still waiting on SQ* for my LHR-YYZ on July 5 though...
For those following along at home, the online system failed 8 days later, I called in, they told me to send the info to [email protected]. I did that on July 13. They replied on July 20 to say it would be investigated.

The "6-10 week" window started on July 20.

So they're telling me it might take until September 28 for my July 5 flight marketed, operated, and ticketed by Air Canada.

We're more than 7 weeks into that 6-10 window, and more than 10 from the flight date.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 7:10 pm

Mileage posting time

3 days after a transpacific flight and still not seeing miles being posted to my Aeroplan account. Any insights into how long this might take?

Cheers.

G
painintheuk likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 7:36 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by glaidman
3 days after a transpacific flight and still not seeing miles being posted to my Aeroplan account. Any insights into how long this might take?
Only 3 days? Historically, 4-8 days was pretty normal for AC metal flights, which is what I assume you flew since you didn't mention a partner. Recently, miles have sometimes been posting quicker, but many flights still take longer than 3 days.

And with this being your first post, welcome to FT.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Only 3 days? Historically, 4-8 days was pretty normal for AC metal flights, which is what I assume you flew since you didn't mention a partner. Recently, miles have sometimes been posting quicker, but many flights still take longer than 3 days.

And with this being your first post, welcome to FT.
It was AC indeed. Thanks for the prompt response and welcome - I've been eagerly waiting for mileage to post and redeem it for a flight reward!

G
Old Sep 14, 2021, 5:34 am

Programs: AC E75K
Has anyone experienced a delay in receiving the Select Benefit Bonus Aeroplan Points?

I haven't received any since August 29, despite eligible flights on Aug 29, Sep 3, and Sep 4.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Has anyone experienced a delay in receiving the Select Benefit Bonus Aeroplan Points?
Yes. Lots of discussion upthread from a few weeks ago.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Yes. Lots of discussion upthread from a few weeks ago.
I don't really understand the point of these "yes we've discussed this" posts are (without sharing anymore about what the TLDR was or pointing to a specific post). I'm sorry that we don't all have time to read through every post in every thread.

If someone has the time and interest to chime in about the existence of a past discussion, it would be helpful if they also shared the TLDR or a link to said discussion. If they don't have time or interest to do that, why not just ignore and not post anything?

Sorry if this seems personal; it was not meant to be. It just happens that I've been at the receiving end of a couple of these not-very-useful pointers over the last couple days and don't really understand the point.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer
I don't really understand the point of these "yes we've discussed this" posts are (without sharing anymore about what the TLDR was or pointing to a specific post). I'm sorry that we don't all have time to read through every post in every thread.
You don't need to read every post; a simple search of this thread for the term "bonus miles" would have turned up a number of relevant posts in mere seconds.

If someone has the time and interest to chime in about the existence of a past discussion, it would be helpful if they also shared the TLDR or a link to said discussion. If they don't have time or interest to do that, why not just ignore and not post anything?
If someone won't spend a few seconds searching a thread before posting, why should anyone be expected to take time out of their day to read a post, then rehash information that has already been posted? And why should a thread get clogged up with the same information being re-posted over and over?

The TLDR to your question was yes, and it was noted that additional information could be obtained by scrolling up the thread.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I flew YYC-YVR-SFO on Sunday on a Lat FP.

The cowtool said I was going to earn $X SQD, and that's pulled right from the ticket.

It posted substantially less than $X. In fact, it posted $3 less than a friend I flew with who used a cheaper Flex FP.

Good thing points earning isn't based on SQD. Yet.

I used to just not care about stuff like this, but now that priority rewards are based on SQD, I actually have to monitor things.
D582 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Bonvoy Tit; Accor Dia
Aside from bonus miles not posting, my recent AQMs also didn't post to my MM count.

In fact, my MM balance went down 1538 miles a few days ago, which coincides with my July & August flights (250+250+250+250+250+288 miles).

My OCD is kicking in...
painintheuk and Adam Smith like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:02 pm

FWIW, my missing bonus miles for the past couple weeks all showed up today.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:01 pm

My missing bonus miles showed up today, too. My LQM counter hasn't moved on both my QK flights recently and don't know who to ask to have it fixed...
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Bonvoy Tit; Accor Dia
Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
My missing bonus miles showed up today, too. My LQM counter hasn't moved on both my QK flights recently and don't know who to ask to have it fixed...
Glad that I'm not the only one. I hate to be special....

I sent a note to the Superelite e-mail address today, with a request to forward it to whom it may concern.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.