Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Sep 1, 2023, 12:48 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
I still did not get my SQD, but AC just sent me a huge ecoupon for my inconvenience. Curious if anyone else got it.
Did you have to follow up (and if so, how) re: the missing SQDs recently?

I'm still awaiting ~$200 missing SQD, but since it's a small amount, I wasn't going to bother contacting them again (I had submitted both the missing SQD form and e-mailed [email protected] previously) unless I end up being <$200 SQD short at the end of the year.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 10:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by capedreamer

I'm still awaiting ~$200 missing SQD, but since it's a small amount, I wasn't going to bother contacting them again (I had submitted both the missing SQD form and e-mailed [email protected] previously) unless I end up being <$200 SQD short at the end of the year.
I am missing 7000+ SQD but have already requalified for SE, so at most a PR or two and if they eventually give them to me with later expiration dates I will certainly not complain.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 11:35 am

Flew CAI-YUL-YYZ-MIA on Sep 1-2. All but the YUL-YYZ segments have posted. I successfully stood by for an earlier YUL-YYZ flight. I suspect that's what's caused the missing / slower crediting.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: AC 75K *G
Still missing SQD from a few flights...
Aug 1 ZRH-YYZ. I was also missing SQD for the outbound YYZ-ZHR but filled out the online form and received an adjustment within 2 weeks. No such luck for the inbound
Also missing SQD from Aug 3 & 7 flights to and from LAX
Old Sep 6, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Have had only the ZRH-FCO portion on LX credited from a YVR-ZRH-FCO flight. Waiting on the AC portion but not holding my breath that I won't have to submit something...
Old Sep 6, 2023, 10:42 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
I got the missing SQD for the first leg of my YYZ DXB trip resolved within the day, but I've submitted the form twice for my return trip on August 9th and I have yet to receive the credit. Looks like AC is quite backlogged with these requests given the recent posts?
Old Sep 6, 2023, 11:26 am

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
Got an email yesterday from the AP Elite Team letting me know that the last of my missing $ from my Jan1/23 itinerary had been credited--a full 59 SQDs! I think that just leaves Feb 27 now...
Old Sep 8, 2023, 9:50 am

I had submitted missing SQD forms for 5 segments totalling those missing $200 SQD a while ago. Today, I received an adjustment for 1 of those 5, making up over half of the missing SQD, so I guess that's a win?

Flew CAI-YUL-YYZ-MIA on Sep 1-2. All but the YUL-YYZ segments have posted. I successfully stood by for an earlier YUL-YYZ flight. I suspect that's what's caused the missing / slower crediting.
I also received the SQx for missing YUL-YYZ segment (which I stood by for), including correct SQD, today, 5 days after the non-standby CAI-YUL segment flown on the same day (Sep 1).

Hopefully these are further indications that the system is (almost) functional now.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 1:49 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Datapoint that I think some automated process is still running that is fixing SQDs by date. Or a manual process that is working by date.

I had a return trip July 23 to Aug 11. SQDs were low by over $1,500.

I had written it in but today I see that the outbound has now posted adjustments in amounts that if the return is posted the same way should be the correct amount of SQD.

I figure that if this were manual intervention from the write-in they would have fixed the whole thing. So Im assuming that somewhere in AC land they have gotten up to July 23 with whatever fix they have made, which at least seems to be fixing them correctly!
Old Sep 8, 2023, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Made claim online, received the missing SQM/SQS/SQD/LQM/EDQ instantly!

For the first time in years, I submitted a missing flight credit (PE fare, YVR YYZ).
I didn't realize that AC made major improvements in this regard and caught up to 2010, maybe 2012 (too generous? )

I submitted the request today, and got everything credited instantaneously (with the correct COS), including the most important LQM (well, it is to me).
I know, I'm probably late to the party!

But I must say that I am, for once, not annoyed with AC.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 2:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by wjw
Datapoint that I think some automated process is still running that is fixing SQD’s by date. Or a manual process that is working by date.

I had a return trip July 23 to Aug 11. SQD’s were low by over $1,500.

I had written it in but today I see that the outbound has now posted adjustments in amounts that if the return is posted the same way should be the correct amount of SQD.

I figure that if this were manual intervention from the write-in they would have fixed the whole thing. So I’m assuming that somewhere in AC land they have gotten up to July 23 with whatever fix they have made, which at least seems to be fixing them correctly!
. . . so only two more weeks for me to wait to see if they finally get it right for my outbound to DEN on Aug 7!
Old Sep 8, 2023, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC 75K
I had two (manually requested) SQD adjustments post earlier this week, for flights August 1 and 6. Both adjustments posted at the same time even though they were requested days apart. Not sure whether that affirms or refutes anybodys ideas about how theyre handling these internally, but its another data point on the pile.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 10:30 pm

Programs: AC SE
Did a trip with AC on Sept 1-4. 014 ticket, all AC metal. 3 of 4 segments posted. The YYC-YYZ from Sept 1 didn't post yet; I've had stuff from prior bookings post automatically as late as 6 days after the flight, but generally find if it doesn't post automatically by 7 days after the flight, it's unlikely to post. A bit frustrating that AC seems to credit 3 of 4 segments on a PNR, but a routine domestic segment on AC metal doesn't post automatically.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
AC credited my missing 8000+ SQD yesterday. It also backdated the two missing PRs. Not ideal. At least the ecoupon they sent me was not bad.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 1:32 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
OZ Flights

How many days does Asiana flights with AC ticket number post again?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.