Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Aug 9, 2023, 9:23 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I usually get points threshold rewards posted separately after a flight activity, but one of my flights just posted with the 20K points bonus attached.
Plumber likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 9:27 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
I usually get points threshold rewards posted separately after a flight activity, but one of my flights just posted with the 20K points bonus attached.
I've seen that several times. It kinda jumps out when my flight apparently has waaaay more SQM credited than it should.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: AC E75K
I had a flight credit today but none of my account balances (AP points, SQM, SQS, SQD, LQM) have updated to reflect its addition. This has happened once before, which I resolved by logging out and back in. That isn't doing the trick this time though.

Oddly enough, the only place the correct balance is showing up is if I go to 'Family Sharing' and look at my individual AP points balance. But the family total that shows up as the main AP points balance in my account homepage, as well as the SQx balances, are all wrong.

Edit: The issue seems to have resolved itself a couple hours later.

Last edited by capedreamer; Aug 9, 2023 at 1:44 pm
Old Aug 9, 2023, 8:51 pm

Programs: AC 75K *G
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
Shouldn't the owner of the companion pass get SQDs for the full value of the ticket and the companion only for the fixed fare and YQ?
Yes. But none of the math adds up for what posted between the two of us.
We both got the same number of SQDs for outbound and inbound, all of which do not total the expected SQD. So it wasn't a dividing of the PNRs error it just continues to be under creditted.

Just had another itinerary post with less than expected SQD...
Old Aug 10, 2023, 10:15 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Latest Journey
Aug 2 - YVR-YUL - not posted as of Aug 10, claim submitted, instantly credited.
Aug 7 - YUL-YVR - posted automatically Aug 9

Still broken.

Ron.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
One interesting data point. I recently was not credited for GVA-YUL-YYZ on Aug 2. the GVA-YUL flight was delayed and I ended up getting rebooked on a different YUL-YYZ flight, which had a totally different ticket number on the boarding pass than the original ticket. When the miles didn't post, I used the original ticket number for the GVA-YUL request and the new ticket number from the BP on the YUL-YYZ. Both of these credited instantly. So it is worth checking the ticket number on a BP in cases of booking changes when submitting missing miles requests.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 1:52 pm

I've also seen a few incorrect SQD adjustments show up over the last few days. Only 11 SQD still missing according to my spreadsheet.
cavitron likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Edit: The issue seems to have resolved itself a couple hours later.

Probably not "itself." Someone must have fixed something. I can imagine AC employing way more people dealing with these issues than it's worth, whle the IT people might be overwhelmed by the complications that marketing folks come up with. Spending pounds to save pennies.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
Our QK flights from YYJ - YVR and AC flights from YVR - YWG taken in the 2nd of August did not credit by the 10th of August.

I put in missing points requests for all 4 legs this morning and they were credited within a couple of hours and populated the system within 30 minutes.
unclepants likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 8:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 2MM
All of my remaining 2023 SQD issues have now been addressed and adjusted. I had emailed all at the time but in late June I put them all in via the web form. I then had 2 more in July submitted via the web form. They were all adjusted in the last 10 days. It would have been helpful to get a message to say that they had processed the adjustment for xxx. I had to figure it out by noticing an otherwise unexplained changed in status SQD. I have my 2023 transaction spreadsheet so could then go transaction by transaction to find what was new. It appears that they are now catching up and fixing the issues. Looking forward when it just works again. I'm not giving up my spreadsheet anytime soon.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
I noticed a missing SQM/SQS posted today from my Amex Reserve Card (should have posted 4-weeks ago) - decided to call in to ask about my missing 700 SQD from a flight earlier this month and 2-weeks since i filled in the web form.

Agent told me that they had a note from July 25th saying they are going thru all flights from that date and crediting - should be done by "mid-August" - 3 weeks from note being posted...will try again mid-August...not in a rush for the SQD "right now" but will need it to post to hit 75k by end of year
My missing sqd finally posted. 714 which sounds about right
Old Aug 11, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K
I got missing SQD on 2 flights operated by AC in early July, but still missing some from a connecting LH flight on the same AC ticket. It was next calendar day from the 2 AC flights though, so might just miss the sweep parameter.

Also, does eUp copay almost never post for anyone else? I think I've ever only gotten them automatically 1 out of 5-6 times.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by MNLIST
Also, does eUp copay almost never post for anyone else? I think I've ever only gotten them automatically 1 out of 5-6 times.
I'm 0/2. One got credited pretty quickly, but the other is still outstanding since March despite repeated emails. I even got a response once asking for a ticket number. I sent it in under a minute but never got another response.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 7:51 am

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
I am truly perplexed.

Both of our YYJ-YVR-YWG flights on 2 August did not post by 10 August. The missing points portal worked quickly.

Both of our YWG-YUL-YHZ flights on 10 August posted on 13 August.

The only explanation that I can think of is that there is a random number generated somewhere between AC and AP.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer
I've also seen a few incorrect SQD adjustments show up over the last few days. Only 11 SQD still missing according to my spreadsheet.
Despite AC having apparently identified the source of the SQD problem (the last 3 adjustments I received were for flights I had not reported through any mechanism), they have apparently not managed (or bothered) to resolve the root of the issue. 3 segments just posted for flights on August 6 and 7 where I'm short ~$250 SQD according to the cow tool.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.