Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Aug 6, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Just got $472 SQD on a J ticket to DUB. I am noticing a trend that if you make a change to the original booking the SQD will almost definitely be wrong.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: AC SE 2MM, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by seegs
Just got $472 SQD on a J ticket to DUB. I am noticing a trend that if you make a change to the original booking the SQD will almost definitely be wrong.
Agreed -- SQD seems to be messed up when (1) the original booking has been changed, and (2) when all or part of the $$ is (was) paid using a voucher or another form of credit (in which case SQD is "calculated" based on the remainder paid by c/c)
YULRvR, unclepants and martyYOW like this.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 9:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
Can also verify that I received only $1039 for the first leg of my trip flying from YYZ to DXB, I also made a date change which has now triggered the wrong SQD being credited.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Suddenly their SQDs no longer matched my spreadsheet. Upon closer look, two positive "adjustments" had been posted, totally a few hundred $. Not that I need these extra SQDs, already over 20k, and with remaining flying, already purchased, I should end up above 30k at the end of the year.

I did not check if they are correct. Some of these tickets suffered last minute schedule changes so it gets complicated. At one point it seemed to me they had credited me more than I expected actually. But anyway, not worth the forensics work.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 7:43 am

Programs: AC 75K *G
SQD on YYZ - ZHR roundtrip end of July for my partner and I both posted for the same amount, but significantly under. Used a worldwide companion pass for our two latitude bookings and we're missing $2156 between the two of us.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 8:05 am

I had a bunch of adjustments go through and everything matches my spreadsheet now. I also had a flight from Thursday post correctly, still waiting for the return to post but as of now I'm all squared up.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 9:19 am

Roundtrip in June, YUL - ARN with AC & Codeshares (SK out, LH in). Outbound in full fare Y and return in paid J. Initially received about 1k SQD. Just saw an adjustment performed for both AC flights, nothing for SK and LH and still about 1100SQD off.

The saga continues...!
quandide likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 3:09 pm

I've also noticed that the SQD corrections have been posting to my account over the weekend and today. Its probably about $1300 posted over a few days. I can't really tell which flights they were for, as it doesn't show up in the activities log and the old flight postings didn't change. I am estimating I am still short about $2500 SQD for flights taken between Feb and July of this year. But at least its slowly being adjusted.

Last edited by Commie; Aug 8, 2023 at 3:15 pm
Old Aug 8, 2023, 9:27 pm

Also noticing several missing SQD amounts getting corrected over the last few days. They've adjusted all missing SQD from my flights from the beginning of the year through April thus far. Adjustments are getting posted as line items on the date of the flight.

Old Aug 8, 2023, 10:33 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Bonvoy Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I've received three SQD adjustments for flights in February and March totaling about 700 SQD. Still missing one more recent item but at least it's a lot closer now.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 10:55 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by tootsieroll48
SQD on YYZ - ZHR roundtrip end of July for my partner and I both posted for the same amount, but significantly under. Used a worldwide companion pass for our two latitude bookings and we're missing $2156 between the two of us.
Shouldn't the owner of the companion pass get SQDs for the full value of the ticket and the companion only for the fixed fare and YQ?
Old Aug 9, 2023, 1:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
Shouldn't the owner of the companion pass get SQDs for the full value of the ticket and the companion only for the fixed fare and YQ?
Not likely. You can pay the full price for all pax on your booking, but all others will get the same SQD as you.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 1:59 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
Not likely. You can pay the full price for all pax on your booking, but all others will get the same SQD as you.
Everyone should get the fare on their ticket. The companions ticket fare is the fixed amount plus any YQ/YR and thats what they are supposed to receive.
painintheuk and canadiancow like this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:49 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by tootsieroll48
Flew r/t YOW-YYC on Latitude using a Worldwide Companion pass. Full SQM and SQD posted for me but nothing at all has posted for Mrs Plumber. I submitted missing flight on her account and the automated system says her fare is not eligible for any mileage accumulation. I will write in. .
Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:59 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I keep getting SQD adjustments, always upwards. I think it may be over my spreadsheet but I stopped keeping track as I am over $55K in SQD already.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.