Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Aug 2, 2023, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by mapleric
You are lucky.
I called last Friday because I did not get any credits in the last months for my unlimited 6 month flight pass and should have been super elite. The agent was really patient and perseverant but had to call her supervisor (more than an hour and 15 min of wait time for her to get someone). The supervisor is the only one who can email with some priority and the request because it is affecting a super elite status.
They are fully aware of the issue and have an elite team on that but the backlog is huge.
I had this email from AC on July 25:

We have identified an issue where Unlimited Flight Pass monthly SQMs were not processed for some members. The IT team is working on it and is manually depositing the SQMs. We are currently looking at a end of July target date for resolution.
Of course, we are now past the end of July...

Originally Posted by mapleric
Unfortunately they dont know what to do with the flight pass at aeroplan (they dont have training on that) so she told me that other missing status elite bonus related to flight passes must be requested by calling Air Canada reservations who will then email the loyalty marketing department to then get aeroplan status bonus to be reflected.
This is interesting... I am still missing my FP bonus from last year.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: AC 75K *G
Data point: All of my SQD adjustments posted have been accurate to what I both emailed directly and filled in with the forms. A total of 5 flights / transactions between Feb - Jun.

However my July 23 YYZ - ZHR just posted with less than half the SQD. The chase continues...
Old Aug 3, 2023, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Similar issue for me. They double credited an adjustment back in February, but I'm still missing over 1,500 SQD from June. I had to add another column in my spreadsheet to track the variances. What a cluster.
I saw this morning that I just got a Priority Award all of a sudden and it's because it looks like they double-credited me for a flight back in early April that they already corrected in late May.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
It is a bit crazy that we all need to keep spreadsheets to keep track of all of the errors and missing credits. I had a flight from early July credited this am. I had to go back through my activity to figure out what it was as there has not been any notification. I guess they are just working through what they have received. I suspect it is as exhausting for them as it is for us.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 11:39 am

Programs: AC*S100K MM, Carlson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Another data point: had a flight taken in May credited today, but not flights before May or after either, all of which are affected by this bug as well. I should note that I filed SQD discrepancies claims a couple of weeks ago, so am not entirely sure whether the adjustment was sparked by the form or they're somehow going through the system and are squashing this bug one flight at a time.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 11:48 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
It is a bit crazy that we all need to keep spreadsheets to keep track of all of the errors and missing credits. I had a flight from early July credited this am. I had to go back through my activity to figure out what it was as there has not been any notification. I guess they are just working through what they have received. I suspect it is as exhausting for them as it is for us.
Yeah, my flights from late June just credited too. I had just been periodically watching the SQD YTD and noticed that it suddenly matched my spreadsheet today.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
It is a bit crazy that we all need to keep spreadsheets to keep track of all of the errors and missing credits.
That right there
YYJ _SLF likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 4:48 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
yay got my over $1000 of SQD added today
Old Aug 3, 2023, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave31
Just another data point but I'm now 7 weeks in and still missing about 1500 sqd for direct Air Canada flights from YUL to CAI. Filled in form and email and still no response.. Will update if and when I get credited and if the amounts are in the ballpark.

I would have booked a mileage run by now if I had any confidence that I will get credited the correct sqd for this and my future planned flights. For this year I will probably content myself with reaching 35k with a 25k rollover to next year. Maintaining 25k status shouldn't de difficult if the sqd issue gets fixed.
Just a quick update that my missing SQD finally posted. There is no transaction to show that they were added but my total has been increased by about 1500$. Overall about 10 weeks to get corrected but it finally was so am happy.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave31
Just a quick update that my missing SQD finally posted. There is no transaction to show that they were added but my total has been increased by about 1500$. Overall about 10 weeks to get corrected but it finally was so am happy.
Did you check your account activity back to when you had your flights? They're usually posted with the same dates as the flights so you won't see anything by looking at recent transactions.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had to scroll back to March to see why mine changed. A new adjustment was added, and two previous adjustments were reduced in size.

So my spreadsheet is up to date with the dashboard... for now.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 7:26 pm

When I first looked back I didn't see the adjustment but now do. I am still about $150 short from the PNR tool but I'll take it. Thanks for the responses! Now to see if my last flight posts correctly!
Old Aug 3, 2023, 7:50 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Viporter Priority
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I had this email from AC on July 25:

Of course, we are now past the end of July...

This is interesting... I am still missing my FP bonus from last year.
Thank you for sharing. The agent told me a few days could mean I should see it on Thursday (did not see it!)
I guess there are still doing everything manually.
the second item on the bonus is quite worrying it is like marketing publishes benefits that no one understands or applies at Air Canada
Old Aug 3, 2023, 10:00 pm

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
No correction yet of an SQD error from 24 July flights. No surprise.

Our 02 August flights have yet to post. I think that the AC flights might post by the 5th or 6th and the QK flights might post by the 8th or 9th.

I truly cannot fathom why long haul TK flights post between 16 and 26 hours after landing while AC flights take around 72 hours and QK flights take around 144 hours to post on an AC controlled system.
MDFFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 11:21 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Do we need to submit a request for update of incorrect SQD credits using flight passes or will it auto correct at some point ? I just checked and was credited with 1 only SQD each for two segments on a FP.

Its a joke if we need to do their accounting also.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.