Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Sandy King
Apologies if this has been covered in this 102-page thread, but am I correct in thinking that it's taking longer than before for flight activity to post? My memory could be faulty, but I used to think posting happened within a day or two of the flight. It's been six days since my most recent flight, and it's not there. Just wondering.
And today it posted. I guess this is day 8.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:27 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
Just got a bunch of SQD adjustments for February and March, so I guess the backlog is finally getting cleaned up. Numbers seem to match my spreadsheet, at least approximately.
The Ivory Actuary likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:27 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
I noticed a missing SQM/SQS posted today from my Amex Reserve Card (should have posted 4-weeks ago) - decided to call in to ask about my missing 700 SQD from a flight earlier this month and 2-weeks since i filled in the web form.

Agent told me that they had a note from July 25th saying they are going thru all flights from that date and crediting - should be done by "mid-August" - 3 weeks from note being posted...will try again mid-August...not in a rush for the SQD "right now" but will need it to post to hit 75k by end of year
Old Jul 31, 2023, 7:33 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
I can't even follow what's going on anymore... they've added a pair of new, random adjustments to flights in March that had already been corrected, so now that booking has too much SQD. And it seems those are the only two adjustments they've made, yet the total SQD shown in the dashboard and the SQD in my tracking spreadsheet don't match. What a mess.
The Ivory Actuary likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 10:58 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by ffsim
I can't even follow what's going on anymore... they've added a pair of new, random adjustments to flights in March that had already been corrected, so now that booking has too much SQD. And it seems those are the only two adjustments they've made, yet the total SQD shown in the dashboard and the SQD in my tracking spreadsheet don't match. What a mess.
Similar issue for me. They double credited an adjustment back in February, but I'm still missing over 1,500 SQD from June. I had to add another column in my spreadsheet to track the variances. What a cluster.
ffsim likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: AC*100K MM, HHonors Diamond
I have not been able to get AC to credit a missing flight from June 30. The online form keeps saying my name doesnt match. Then it directs me to the super elite email address, and I havent received a response since I sent the email on July 10. Is there any other way I can attempt to get this rectified? My outbound flight credited just fine.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 12:02 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dinotoon
I have not been able to get AC to credit a missing flight from June 30. The online form keeps saying my name doesnt match. Then it directs me to the super elite email address, and I havent received a response since I sent the email on July 10. Is there any other way I can attempt to get this rectified? My outbound flight credited just fine.
The wiki has detailed step-by-step instructions. Realistically, many people are waiting on responses to far older issues than yours, so unless you really need the credit now, just wait and they'll get to it eventually.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 12:16 pm

I also got a weird 32 SQD credit from a flight in March.

My re-routed flights YVR-SFO-KIX still haven't showed up at all. The first time I contacted them, I got an email saying that I had to call in to authenticate(?) my account. I called and the agent said to email [email protected]. I just got a reply that if I was missing SQD I should fill out the form. Of course I already told them that the form wouldn't recognize my flights, and it's not just SQD!

I'll re-send it and hopefully 3rd time lucky.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
For the first time in a long time, my Sunday AC flights both posted two days later on Tuesday. SQD and SQM seem to be pretty mch right on.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
quandide and canadiancow like this.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 3:21 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by Plumber
For the first time in a long time, my Sunday AC flights both posted two days later on Tuesday. SQD and SQM seem to be pretty mch right on.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
Plus it seems all 18 of my missing SE 100% Bonuses for flights in Apr, May and Jun have all now posted - and correctly too! I did sent a letter at the end of June listing all the missing flights, so I am not sure if that is what caused the update.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 3:57 pm

My flights from 2 days ago have posted, with correct SQD even. Haven't picked my select benefits yet so nothing to report there.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 4:12 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Viporter Priority
You are lucky.
I called last Friday because I did not get any credits in the last months for my unlimited 6 month flight pass and should have been super elite. The agent was really patient and perseverant but had to call her supervisor (more than an hour and 15 min of wait time for her to get someone). The supervisor is the only one who can email with some priority and the request because it is affecting a super elite status.
They are fully aware of the issue and have an elite team on that but the backlog is huge.
Unfortunately they dont know what to do with the flight pass at aeroplan (they dont have training on that) so she told me that other missing status elite bonus related to flight passes must be requested by calling Air Canada reservations who will then email the loyalty marketing department to then get aeroplan status bonus to be reflected.
They told me that for the base points I should see something in a few days, so I am crossing fingers but my missing points are more complicated than just flights it seems.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
My last two flights both posted correctly in under 36 hours. Are we...making progress?
Old Aug 2, 2023, 5:06 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
While I still want my missing SQD from earlier in the year, I am pleased that it seems (most) recent flights are getting credited properly. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
9 segments coming up over the next 12 days, includes YYZ, ZRH and LHR connections where concierge would be useful if connections went awry.
Missing $8,000+ now, SE and two priority awards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.