Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Jul 30, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Apologies if this has been covered in this 102-page thread, but am I correct in thinking that it's taking longer than before for flight activity to post? My memory could be faulty, but I used to think posting happened within a day or two of the flight. It's been six days since my most recent flight, and it's not there. Just wondering.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 8:08 am
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Sandy King
Apologies if this has been covered in this 102-page thread, but am I correct in thinking that it's taking longer than before for flight activity to post? My memory could be faulty, but I used to think posting happened within a day or two of the flight. It's been six days since my most recent flight, and it's not there. Just wondering.
If it was going to post automatically it likely would have done so by now, you can fill out the request form in 2 days.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I've had overseas flights that have posted the next day, while short-haul flights may take as many as 8 days (and then requiring a manual request) to post.

YMMV.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 8:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 2MM
Partner activity posts quickly.
Air Canada flights are taking much longer. Can be a week or more.
taupo likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 8:24 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by MStrople
Partner activity posts quickly.
Air Canada flights are taking much longer. Can be a week or more.
My experience as well.
NZ flight posted less than 24 hours, albeit with incorrect SQD, AC flights often take six days and incorrect SQD roughly 50pc of the time
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:59 am

Yes - my Uber ride back from the airport posted almost before I got in the car. The AC flights, not so much.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 10:49 am

Uber is almost instant, LCBO is usually a day for me and AC flights are all over the place, I've had it take up to 7 days, and be as quick as 2 this calendar year. Though with several misses on SQD. The whole system is shockingly inconsistent

Originally Posted by Sandy King
Yes - my Uber ride back from the airport posted almost before I got in the car. The AC flights, not so much.
capedreamer and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
I've had overseas flights that have posted the next day, while short-haul flights may take as many as 8 days (and then requiring a manual request) to post.

YMMV.
My last 2 trips are perfect illustrations of this seeming randomness for AC flights. July 13 flights posted 3 days after flying. July 21 flights posted 7 days after flying. Both dates included international and domestic segments so that doesn't appear to be a key factor. What I find particularly strange is that other partners seem to post with some consistency (UA & LH usually 1-2 days after flying; Uber immediately after a trip is completed; etc.). It's only AC flights that seem to be all over the place.

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Same! I flew 1 UA and 2 AC flights on July 13. The UA flight posted on July 15, the AC flights posted on July 16, and SE bonuses for each posted the following day. I almost couldn't believe it.

Is this a sign of things to come? One can dream!
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Unfortunately it seems my excitement above was unwarranted. Flew YOW-YYZ-MEX on July 21 (014 ticket, P fare, AC operated) and no SQx as of today (July 27). I know it's only been 6 days, but the randomness is perplexing.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 1:28 pm

I was missing $251 SQD from a TATL trip in early February ($51 regular SQD and $200 eup add-on). Originally wrote in back in March and have followed up a couple of times. Sometime over the past few days an adjustment posted, for $91 SQD ​​​​
Old Jul 30, 2023, 5:04 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Mine just dropped unannounced for Feb and Mar in the last two days with the "adjustment" header when I scrolled down to the flight dates. Numbers correct by my previous calculations now.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:08 pm

It sounds like there may be a rollout of a fix going on, and perhaps that might be why things are delayed just now?
The Ivory Actuary likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:26 pm

Account status invalid???

In late May and mid-June I flew four segments three on AC, one LH and three segments posted including the LH segment. When I submit my information for the missing segment I get:

Your request for missing points was not approved.
The account status is invalid.

I just booked another flight today so my Aeroplan account is valid and working. Anyone else experience this? Is there a simple fix? (I assume I will have to phone in tomorrow and spend precious time with Aeroplan customer support.)

Cheers,
CanuckOnFire
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:33 pm

It takes forever for AC to act on the request. Good luck.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 4:15 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
All these random data points remind of the Chaos Theory found throughout the Jurassic Park novels.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 10:18 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CanuckOnFire
In late May and mid-June I flew four segments three on AC, one LH and three segments posted including the LH segment. When I submit my information for the missing segment I get:

Your request for missing points was not approved.
The account status is invalid.

I just booked another flight today so my Aeroplan account is valid and working. Anyone else experience this? Is there a simple fix? (I assume I will have to phone in tomorrow and spend precious time with Aeroplan customer support.)

Cheers,
CanuckOnFire
I had same issue with: "Account status is invalid". Who did you end up contacting? I am SE if that makes any difference?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.