Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Jul 28, 2023, 2:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by taupo
Now missing a total of $7,297 from four flights.
The missing SQD's equate to two PR's and SE, currently sitting at $13,013 but should be $20,310.
Those numbers exclude my AKL-YVR-YLW yesterday on a 014 ticket.

So darn exasperated by AC's inability to fix this
It is long not surprising. If they wanted to fix it they would invest in doing so. It seems clear they do not based on the ongoing performance.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by The Ivory Actuary
Weird - just checked and mine is up 238 SQD from yesterday.

I was expecting a 1587 adjustment on the LHR-YYZ leg and 747 on the YYZ-YEG leg from March. No transaction identifier for the 238 and I'm scratching my head what it's for.
Found it. Did a YEG-YYZ return in February. Was originally credited with 251 SQD each way. This was too low so I filled in the form and received adjustments (some time in March or April) of 121 additional SQD for each leg.

Today the adjustments have been reduced to 119 SQD but there is a new adjustment in respect of that booking for 242 SQD. Weird.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 1:01 am
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
It is long not surprising. If they wanted to fix it they would invest in doing so. It seems clear they do not based on the ongoing performance.
Agreed. The SQD issues are one of the things that really has me looking at shifting my allegiances. If as an airline you are going to make people jump through hoops, at least make sure that you’re counting properly as they do so!

Given that nearly all my travel is TATL and beyond, there is not a ton of reasons to stick with AC. Seriously considering FlyingBlue at this point as their system for earning status just seems so much easier than the math and excel spreadsheets one needs to keep up on in order to track various metrics for AC and then ensuring forms are completed to fix their miscounting.
unclepants and capedreamer like this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 7:49 am

I just had the return leg of my YYZ / LAX posted, with only 10% of the SQD. I used the web form, and emailed the sqd address. Oddly the flight to LAX which was four days prior has not posted yet.

Its almost like they are trying not to fix this issue... to their benefit. Ultimately delaying on time access to new elite levels.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 8:55 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
So this is a new one:

Two flights in March where the SQD was adjusted down, then added back as an adjustment, then additional SQD given over and above the correct amount. No idea why and no idea why flights would have the SQD adjusted down and then added back. Bizarre.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form.
I sent a note to the SQD team this am, using the email provided here (thanks Adam). Here is the auto response I received as a result - perhaps some hope on the horizon :

CC

Thank you for your e-mail.

Some technical issues have been identified with the SQD crediting process. We are currently working to implement a solution which will improve the crediting process moving forward and address most SQD discrepancies for flights flown after February 1st, 2023.

If the discrepancy you are writing to report has not been addressed by the end of August 2023, please use the online SQD discrepancy reporting tool for further assistance: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...repancies.html

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Air Canada Elite Team
YULRvR likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 10:39 am

I also just had a bunch of adjustments posted, to the tune of almost 1000 SQD. None of these adjustments were related to the times I've actually written in about SQD. Both of my flights that saw adjustments were in February.

Originally Posted by The Ivory Actuary
Found it. Did a YEG-YYZ return in February. Was originally credited with 251 SQD each way. This was too low so I filled in the form and received adjustments (some time in March or April) of 121 additional SQD for each leg.

Today the adjustments have been reduced to 119 SQD but there is a new adjustment in respect of that booking for 242 SQD. Weird.
YULRvR likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 10:42 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Out of curiosity, are adjustments being back-dated to the original flights, or just appearing as a new, recent entry in your list of Aeroplan activity?
Old Jul 29, 2023, 10:45 am

Mine were backdated and referenced the specific flight the adjustment was for.

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Out of curiosity, are adjustments being back-dated to the original flights, or just appearing as a new, recent entry in your list of Aeroplan activity?
Old Jul 29, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Has anyone received an email confirmation once this https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...pancies.html#/ is submitted?
Have filed four missing SQD requests, I have never received an email confirmation of the form submitted or received.
An AC agent told me I should receive an email confirmation.
Trust but verify
Old Jul 29, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: AC SE 2MM, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by taupo
Has anyone received an email confirmation once this https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...pancies.html#/ is submitted?
Have filed four missing SQD requests, I have never received an email confirmation of the form submitted or received.
An AC agent told me I should receive an email confirmation.
Trust but verify
An AC confirmation of receipt of the form is NOT currently sent out. But the overworked and understaffed SQD-discrepancies-department does receive the forms OK and in due time they do act on them. Patience is the key word I guess
taupo likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 11:54 am
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
I sent a note to the SQD team this am, using the email provided here (thanks Adam). Here is the auto response I received as a result - perhaps some hope on the horizon
This was just posted a little ways up the thread (1475).

I’ll believe it when I see it. These issues have been going on long before February and doubt they’ll be resolved by August.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 12:27 pm

Programs: AC SE
Earlier in the year I had line items of “AC Adjustment” with flight number and ticket class, with a SQD amount, backdated dated on the same date as the flight

This week I filed a discrepancy with the form on Thursday, for 1212 SQD missing, I think on an SQ leg but don’t actually know which of 4 legs was wrong. Today the total SQD is 1042 higher, but there’s no Adjustment line item yet and all the individual flight amounts have not changed

EDIT; actually looks like some of the discrepancies from earlier in the year have been re-adjusted again and are now overinflated.. so now I think my total is 1070 extra from Feb, but done 1212 from July flights. But, now it’s unable to show my transactions.

Last edited by yeg2where; Jul 29, 2023 at 2:11 pm Reason: More info
Old Jul 29, 2023, 1:45 pm

Here is an example:

This was corrected with the credit of 233. But it has now been corrected again with the addition of an additional 234. What I am thinking is that it was corrected based on an earlier write it. Then they looked at it again and added the corrected amount in a second time. This also occurred for another flight where the corrected it and then proceeded to correct it again.

It is really hard to make heads or tails of what they are doing but they are clearly going through all the emails they received. If you wrote in twice, you may get the correction twice as they are maybe having difficulty tracking what they are correcting.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 3:08 pm

They finally responded to my email from April regarding missing points from flights in March. I forgot to include my Aeroplan number in the email (but included everything else) and now I have to resubmit everything and probably wait another 3-4 months. Why can't I just respond to the email itself??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.