Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Jul 26, 2023, 9:36 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Midway through a 4 segment 014 ticket all operated by LH. As always seems to happen with me on LH flights my SQD are coming in low. Glad itís still only summer so when I write it in upon return it should hopefully post before year end, and Iím already SE so not losing out in any early recognition this yearÖ

Oddly, the amount per mile are consistently wrong for the two flights so far. They appear to add up to a calculation based on exactly 2/3 of the flight fare, and disregarding YQ entirelyÖ
YULRvR likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 7:04 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium / Amex Aeroplan Reserve / Aeroplan 50k
Originally Posted by The Ivory Actuary
Yes. My LHR-YYZ-YEG itinerary was originally LHR-YVR-YEG, but I asked corporate travel to change it to YYZ because there was R space. It cost an additional $11 - so I wonder if the 3 SQD I was awarded was the airfare component of the $11. I don't know how corporate travel managed the flight credit from the original booking via YVR.
My wife's all by corporate travel too....
Old Jul 27, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Same! I flew 1 UA and 2 AC flights on July 13. The UA flight posted on July 15, the AC flights posted on July 16, and SE bonuses for each posted the following day. I almost couldn't believe it.

Is this a sign of things to come? One can dream!
Unfortunately it seems my excitement above was unwarranted. Flew YOW-YYZ-MEX on July 21 (014 ticket, P fare, AC operated) and no SQx as of today (July 27). I know it's only been 6 days, but the randomness is perplexing.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 10:20 am
wjw

Any recent thoughts on the best route for a pure SQD dispute for a SE?

SQD email
SQD form
Super Elite email

Form is the published route but not sure if Iíll have better luck for a speedy response on either of the other two?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 10:25 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by wjw
Any recent thoughts on the best route for a pure SQD dispute for a SE?

SQD email
SQD form
Super Elite email

Form is the published route but not sure if Iíll have better luck for a speedy response on either of the other two?
For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form.
Captain Canuck and kalderlake like this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 10:36 am
wjw

Originally Posted by Adam Smith

Thanks Adam - will probably go the SQD email route just because the form seems set up to be more applicable to a single flight versus wider issues on the entire booking.

Mostly wasnít sure whether super elite email would be of any help, but I suspect it will just be the usual speedy response that it has been forwarded to AeroplanÖ
Old Jul 28, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: AC SE 2MM, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith

Agreed -- sadly, any attempt to try to "escalate" SQD issues (e.g. by repeatedly calling or emailing SE desks) is in vain. Incomprehensible to me.
Captain Canuck likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 11:08 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium / Amex Aeroplan Reserve / Aeroplan 50k
Now we have to ask the corporate travel company for a list of booking reference numbers, and e-ticket numbers?!?! Does anyone know if they are all mandatory fields on the form, or if there's a way to look up Ref and Ticket numbers on the web for past flights?

Thanks,

RvR
Old Jul 28, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Now missing a total of $7,297 from four flights.
The missing SQD's equate to two PR's and SE, currently sitting at $13,013 but should be $20,310.
Those numbers exclude my AKL-YVR-YLW yesterday on a 014 ticket.

So darn exasperated by AC's inability to fix this
Old Jul 28, 2023, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by YULRvR
Now we have to ask the corporate travel company for a list of booking reference numbers, and e-ticket numbers?!?! Does anyone know if they are all mandatory fields on the form, or if there's a way to look up Ref and Ticket numbers on the web for past flights?

Thanks,

RvR
They should be on your boarding pass. I email every boarding pass to myself and save it in a folder for just such an emergency.
taupo, painintheuk, YULRvR and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by quandide
Agreed -- sadly, any attempt to try to "escalate" SQD issues (e.g. by repeatedly calling or emailing SE desks) is in vain. Incomprehensible to me.
Back in June, the eForm wasnt working. I dont really want to call AP to "bother" them with this issue. But out of frustration, I ended up calling and getting a very nice agent and she got my SQD issues resolved quickly. So it is very much YMMV.

I am super curious why this issue is happening since February 2023. SQD is not new and has been implemented for quite a few years, how can AC mess it up so badly. I think they have some serious issues with their IT projects!
Old Jul 28, 2023, 1:17 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by whyfseeguy

I am super curious why this issue is happening since February 2023. SQD is not new and has been implemented for quite a few years, how can AC mess it up so badly. I think they have some serious issues with their IT projects!
I suspect that they changed either the data source or the integration between two systems around that time. And had lousy test coverage.

Regardless, remidation is either a low priority, or they've assigned the C team.
My irritation-tinged opinion only, I have no inside knowledge.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Today I found my SQD increases by 347 out of nowhere.

I did submit a webform asking for a missing 323 SQD a while ago.

I did not receive any confirmation or reply regarding my missing SQD request.

I look back to the original transaction, it still displays the wrong SQD.

I can neither find any transaction record giving me the additional 347 SQD.

It is completely a puzzle to me.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Changeup2000
Today I found my SQD increases by 347 out of nowhere.

I did submit a webform asking for a missing 323 SQD a while ago.

I did not receive any confirmation or reply regarding my missing SQD request.

I look back to the original transaction, it still displays the wrong SQD.

I can neither find any transaction record giving me the additional 347 SQD.

It is completely a puzzle to me.
Weird - just checked and mine is up 238 SQD from yesterday.

I was expecting a 1587 adjustment on the LHR-YYZ leg and 747 on the YYZ-YEG leg from March. No transaction identifier for the 238 and I'm scratching my head what it's for.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 2:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by whyfseeguy
Back in June, the eForm wasnt working. I dont really want to call AP to "bother" them with this issue. But out of frustration, I ended up calling and getting a very nice agent and she got my SQD issues resolved quickly. So it is very much YMMV.

You got a good agent. They mostly tell you the system is terrible and someone is working on it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.