Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Maybe this belongs in the MR thread

But yeah, we all know why they nixed the dollar-based points earning.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 10:01 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow

Hahaha, now missing $6,000+
They really donít want me to be SE
Old Jul 22, 2023, 10:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE

I thought they are only delaying the implementation of it not nixing it altogether. Did something change?
Old Jul 22, 2023, 10:51 pm

Do I win?

Old Jul 23, 2023, 12:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I dunno, I think 1 SQD for full J is pretty impressive too 🙄

Old Jul 23, 2023, 9:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I am predicting my next weekís flight to Australia in J will not net me more than 500 SQD.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
As a comparison, still on NZ 23, and NZ has already credited their FF currency to my account, and correctly
Old Jul 23, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
Originally Posted by The Ivory Actuary
Do I win?
I dunno, I think 1 SQD for full J is pretty impressive too 🙄
Jeez. Did they make it MORE broken when trying to fix it?
Old Jul 23, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: AC SE 2MM, Accor Gold
Good news item 1: they seem to be "working" on the issue.
Good news item 2: earned SQD have been successfully restricted to positive nonzero integers.
Progress ...
Old Jul 23, 2023, 1:26 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by taupo
Look how cheap Lat fares are:

Shouldnt SQM be 999 for AC 601 and SQM 2378 for ZX 1911? Why is the SQM not showing class of service bonus?
Old Jul 23, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Mobile app SQM display is broken. You are not missing SQM though, I believe.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium / Amex Aeroplan Reserve / Aeroplan 50k
Has anyone noticed a connection between using flight credits, and messed up SQD? My wife's last 2 flights used up some credits, and the SQD posted as a very low figure. ($32 for Comfort fare)
Old Jul 25, 2023, 2:58 pm

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
Originally Posted by YULRvR
Has anyone noticed a connection between using flight credits, and messed up SQD? My wife's last 2 flights used up some credits, and the SQD posted as a very low figure. ($32 for Comfort fare)
Iíve had one itinerary to which a buddy or companion pass (or whatever) was used for my wifeís fare but the rest have been regular Ďol cash bookings. None with flight credits.

If there is a pattern or association, I havenít come close to figuring it out. Maybe Iím just investing too much time in trying to get them corrected.
YULRvR likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, Accor Gold
Interesting, I just realized that 2 recent trips having erroneous SQD (posted way too low on a B fare) were partially paid using AC vouchers. So your hypothesis would make some sense. If confirmed, that would be a serious bug.
YULRvR likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 4:25 pm

Yes. My LHR-YYZ-YEG itinerary was originally LHR-YVR-YEG, but I asked corporate travel to change it to YYZ because there was R space. It cost an additional $11 - so I wonder if the 3 SQD I was awarded was the airfare component of the $11. I don't know how corporate travel managed the flight credit from the original booking via YVR.
YULRvR and quandide like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.