Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is anyone usine 3rd party search tools for AP awards (KVS, ExpertFlyer, etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2021, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Is anyone using 3rd party tools (paid or free) to search AP award space apart from united.com?
Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:05 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
What are you searching for? Now that any revenue seats on AC are available for redemption, "award space" isn't really a thing on Aeroplan.

Are you looking specifically for space on segments operated by partner airlines (UA, LH, etc)?
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Are you looking specifically for space on segments operated by partner airlines (UA, LH, etc)?
That's it.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Genouver
That's it.
I have an EF subscription, but rarely use it for that type of search. The AC website is very slow, but the EF award search is not fast either. I think the UA site returns results more quickly. I've mostly just been using the AC app to search lately though.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I run hundreds of searches a month, and so far using the United site for the macro search, then zooming in to confirm on the AC site and/or the ANA site, has been faster for me than anything in EF et al.

I mainly use EF to leave long-term searches running for space opening up on a specific flight, particularly if I've got a mixed-class booking I'm hoping to upgrade.
Adam Smith and unclepants like this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
I use EF for alerts and occasionally for +/-3 days searches for specific flights. It's quite useful for both.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I find EF is best for alerts for specific flight/class space opening up.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 5:23 am

ExpertFlyer is still not showing AC award space which is frustrating. What other tools are people using to check? So far united.com seems to be the best alternative.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by bcnfish
ExpertFlyer is still not showing AC award space which is frustrating. What other tools are people using to check? So far united.com seems to be the best alternative.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...a-cowtool.html
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 10:12 am

That's a great tool if you're booking with Aeroplan. However if you're booking with another program and just want to be able to see I/X availability it's not very helpful. @ExpertFlyer Voice used to work great, I used the notifications all the time. I wish they'd bring back AC, not sure why it was removed given that there is still I/X inventory released that's used for partners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.