Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Getting to Ushuaia on Aeroplan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Getting to Ushuaia on Aeroplan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2021, 5:52 pm
GPS
Original Poster

Getting to Ushuaia on Aeroplan

I'm used to booking my award flights online and hate talking to customer service, but I can't input USH into the search. Is there any partner that takes you there on Star Alliance? I don't mind a couple stops. I'm just not sure if I need to call in or whether there are no award bookings available to patagonia.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
No *A carriers fly to USH.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 6:18 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
I don't see any star alliance partners flying there Ushuaia (USH) flight index Etihad has a codeshare from EZE but I'm not sure if that's part of the agreement https://onemileatatime.com/redeeming...les-on-etihad/. You'll have to call AE
Old Apr 18, 2021, 7:21 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GPS
Is there any partner that takes you there on Star Alliance? I don't mind a couple stops. I'm just not sure if I need to call in or whether there are no award bookings available to patagonia.
There's no *A service to USH.

Your best option is to get to Buenos Aires and then buy a cash ticket from there. Unfortunately, AR seems to have ended EZE-USH service, so you need to get from EZE to AEP and back. If you're going for an Antarctic cruise or just hanging out in Patagonia, maybe spend a day or two in EZE on either side to avoid potential issues with the connection.

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Etihad has a codeshare from EZE but I'm not sure if that's part of the agreement https://onemileatatime.com/redeeming...les-on-etihad/. You'll have to call AE
You can't book an EY codeshare of an AR flight on Aeroplan.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AR has a reputation for cancelling and rescheduling flights, even before COVID-19. Allow lots of time for anything essential and for "self connecting" across separate tickets/alliances. I'd do a cushion of a couple days in BsAs in each direction, and at least that long at the destination before a cruise. [Argentina seems to have a lot of long distance overnight bus service, so that might be the unfortunate backup plan in a pinch.]
Old Apr 18, 2021, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by GPS
I'm used to booking my award flights online and hate talking to customer service, but I can't input USH into the search. Is there any partner that takes you there on Star Alliance? I don't mind a couple stops. I'm just not sure if I need to call in or whether there are no award bookings available to patagonia.
you can book to EZE and purchase a separate ticket on your own to USH with aerolineas argentinas (AR) or when you arrive at EZE, you go to the other airport AEP and fly on a separate ticket with Jetsmart Argentina (WJ)

if you have some skyteam member's miles, you might want to book with them since aerolineas argentinas is a member.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 8:40 pm

Programs: Global Entry, UA, AA, BA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AR has a reputation for cancelling and rescheduling flights, even before COVID-19. Allow lots of time for anything essential and for "self connecting" across separate tickets/alliances. I'd do a cushion of a couple days in BsAs in each direction, and at least that long at the destination before a cruise. [Argentina seems to have a lot of long distance overnight bus service, so that might be the unfortunate backup plan in a pinch.]
Google Maps shows that driving from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia is around 3100 km (1900 mi). "Unfortunate backup plan" is a very apt description.
lsquare and YOWgary like this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Barcky
Google Maps shows that driving from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia is around 3100 km (1900 mi). "Unfortunate backup plan" is a very apt description.
There's no way in hell I'll be taking that bus if it even exist!
YOWRON likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by aznfreak007
you can book to EZE and purchase a separate ticket on your own to USH with aerolineas argentinas (AR) or when you arrive at EZE, you go to the other airport AEP and fly on a separate ticket with Jetsmart Argentina (WJ)
Agree. Several flights throughout the day. Around $170 return in Y Round trip to Ushuaia | Google Flights
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Agreed with those above who recommend a separate ticket from BUE down to USH (on cash, or otherwise).

I've done a same-day connection for AEP-EZE; it wasn't even that harrowing, but I don't recommend it unless one is (1) familiar with the general area and its logistics ("know what you're doing"), and/or (2) has an appetite for a certain type-and-amount of risk. BsA is a neat city and certainly worth spending time in.

Last thing... know that there are several other places in Argentina (and Chile, for that matter) in addition to USH, which are also considered "Patagonia?" If that's what you're after.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
When I went down to Patagonia I flew into Punta Arenas on LAN. That would get you a little closer than 3100kms, not sure if there are any *A carriers that fly there either though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.