Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Mileage Runs - Ideas & Plans

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2021, 10:11 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Is your May long weekend the same as mine? If so, I'm game.
I was thinking of buying tickets on that weekend (hoping that AC might have a seat sale to celebrate the long weekend), not travelling then.

I need my second dose before I want to lock myself in an aluminum (or carbon fiber) tube again.
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by canopus27
With my cheap MR destination (TPE) now off the books ... I need a PY seat sale. Or a 25% off code. Or both

I wonder if AC will have a May long weekend seat sale (he said, hopefully)
How much was your fare?
Old May 7, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
How much was your fare?
I haven't booked anything yet.

YYZ-TPE in PY was about 8.5 cpm.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I'd like to do a same-day turn (on the same ticket) from YYZ-YVR or YYZ-YYC.

With respect to minimum connecting times, what happens if my inbound flight is late? Will I be protected on a later flight?

Or should I play it safe and allow 2-3 hours when booking the return flight? I'm not worried about upgrades or anything (although I'll certainly apply my e-ups, I'll be perfectly happy sitting in the seat I selected at time of booking).

Thanks for your advice!
Old May 12, 2021, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If it's on the same PNR, you're fine.
Adam Smith and TTC900Rocket like this.
Old May 12, 2021, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
I'd like to do a same-day turn (on the same ticket) from YYZ-YVR or YYZ-YYC.

With respect to minimum connecting times, what happens if my inbound flight is late? Will I be protected on a later flight?

Or should I play it safe and allow 2-3 hours when booking the return flight? I'm not worried about upgrades or anything (although I'll certainly apply my e-ups, I'll be perfectly happy sitting in the seat I selected at time of booking).

Thanks for your advice!
I did a same day turn YYC-YVR-YYZ-YVR-YYC. The outbound YVR-YYZ was delayed due to a mechanical. I was switched to a later YYZ-YYC direct when it appeared I’d misconnect and was switched back as we made up the time. Involved a very helpful concierge who communicated with me by email while I was in the air.

I suspect if I was to do it again I would build in some extra connection time.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 8:53 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Thanks for sharing your experience! I'll just keep it to a YYZ-YVR-YYZ turn, or maybe try to stopover in YYC or YEG to visit family on the way back. We'll see!

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
I did a same day turn YYC-YVR-YYZ-YVR-YYC. The outbound YVR-YYZ was delayed due to a mechanical. I was switched to a later YYZ-YYC direct when it appeared I’d misconnect and was switched back as we made up the time. Involved a very helpful concierge who communicated with me by email while I was in the air.

I suspect if I was to do it again I would build in some extra connection time.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: AC 100K, AC 2MM, SAS Diamond, AA P; Avis CM
TATL Summer/Fall 2021

Anyone planning a summer/fall mileage run (there have been recent positive signs in the EU for summer travel), some great deals on Latitude TATL right now--I've personally never seen pricing this good: $650-800 each way and all my upgrades cleared. I originate in CPH so there might be some variance in price with Cdn departures.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:09 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by YYZHRE
Anyone planning a summer/fall mileage run (there have been recent positive signs in the EU for summer travel), some great deals on Latitude TATL right now--I've personally never seen pricing this good: $650-800 each way and all my upgrades cleared. I originate in CPH so there might be some variance in price with Cdn departures.
Agreed on the LAT fares - big decrease as of late. You can actually get some sub $500 options from BCN (I just booked BCN-YUL-YYZ-SFO) for $482 as an emergency chute for another trip I booked via BCN to GRU (incase GRU is not a viable option when I fly). Some interesting options can be created here.

CC
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by YYZHRE
I have half a dozen or so trips booked to BCN, DUS, FCO, ZRH between August and December mostly in Latitude or P. Need to still book one to OSL but not liking those fares right now.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Subscribing to this thread as I would like to find a P Fare MR originating LAX/SFO. As discussed in some other threads here on the forum, I have a nice one SFO BCN- MAD SFO for around $1675 USD. Like to pick off one other in my quest for 1K on UA
Old Jun 27, 2021, 5:49 pm

SFO-YUL-CDG-ARN on July 2 (arriving 3).
ARN-LHR-YYZ-SFO on July 5.

I had to deep link from ITA to Priceline to get it, but it was about 1300 USD for PY, and there's plenty of R space.
D582 and aeroman380 like this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by canadiancow
SFO-YUL-CDG-ARN on July 2 (arriving 3).
ARN-LHR-YYZ-SFO on July 5.

I had to deep link from ITA to Priceline to get it, but it was about 1300 USD for PY, and there's plenty of R space.
All on AC metal?? The $1300 USD converts to 4100 PQP‘s on UA if all AC metal. That looks good! Nice job
Old Jun 27, 2021, 7:34 pm

Um. Clearly not ALL on AC metal
And I didn't really care about UA crediting. I want 2MM and easy upgrades.
D582, aeroman380 and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: AC SE
I am feeling extremely restless and thinking about booking a round-trip with a minimal layover to somewhere. Anywhere. Basically just ride the plane there, then ride it back. I want to spend a bit this year to get up toward 50% of the spend to maintain SE status into 2023 (completing the rest of the spend in 2022).

I would like to book something fairly last-minute in Flex so I can get 100% miles and upgrade into J. I’m based in YYZ.

One big consideration is places I can go where I will not need to quarantine or endure much other inconvenience as I turn around. I am fully vaccinated in Canada. I would not plan on leaving the airport.

Does anyone have suggestions of places that would be a good fit, where it’s easy to get in, easy to turn around, and where I can accumulate some good miles for no more (or not much more) than $2500?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.