Search

2021 Mileage Runs - Ideas & Plans

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:00 pm

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Just made all of my changes..... half an hour making 12 changes

Some better some just OK.

YYZ & YUL has been added no more direct flights, I like the short flight to YUL for the 250 AP and then the A330 to YVR, may upgrade on this flight
Looking forward to the trip report(s)!
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It depends on your goal.

Granted I'm talking US cents, but at 5cpm for paid J (which I've done many times), I book as many trips as I can. That's cheap enough that the points, MM, food and beverage, etc., is worth it to me. I'm booking every weekend from now until the end of the schedule.

At 10cpm I'm looking for how to make a vacation out of it. Or if I need the SQM, it's a great deal.

So if it's speculative because you're not sure you'll hit the requirements, I'd book the 10cpm, but not as a sequence of immediate turns. CPH for a weekend, TYO for a week, etc.

But again, if it's mid December, the math is a bit different.
All good points cow. US 5cpm is about CDN 7cpm. Tough to come. Gets more difficult if it's all AC metal.

Is your US 5cpm calculation 100% AC metal? May be easier to achieve for example on UA metal even on 014 stock for SQD and 1.5x for SQM.

US 10cpm (around CDN 13cpm) would be certainly be more feasible.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mileageking
All good points cow. US 5cpm is about CDN 7cpm. Tough to come. Gets more difficult if it's all AC metal.

Is your US 5cpm calculation 100% AC metal? May be easier to achieve for example on UA metal even on 014 stock for SQD and 1.5x for SQM.

US 10cpm (around CDN 13cpm) would be certainly be more feasible.
My numbers are for AC. I don't find 5cpm J often, but when I do, I book a lot.
expert7700 and mileageking like this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:53 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by aeroman380
Looking forward to the trip report(s)!

AC agents said today was a big schedule update to the system, perhaps more changes may come.

I wanted variety so I did a couple 5:45 AM departure flights YOW-YYZ-YVR with the 787-8/9 longer time in the YVR MLL now, so no rush
I also choose a couple of YOW-YUL-YVR with 6:25 AM departure flights and the A330 @ A220 again a bit more time in the YVR MLL
All flights home to YOW now leave at 13:30 through YYZ so a late arrival now into YOW
I Will download a ton of Netflix shows and perhaps start working on my team's performance reviews for the next two quarters, lol

Funny thing, the cheap prices were on the direct flights which are now gone. Now rebooked and flying on the flights AC priced $330 to $550 flights
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
My numbers are for AC. I don't find 5cpm J often, but when I do, I book a lot.
Maybe I should have stated mistake ones don't count .

Also, I guess it's much easier to achieve half the normal SQD requirement for SE (CDN $10K/US $6.8K) with US address. SQD would never be an issue for you. Hence probably makes sense for you to rack up miles towards 250k/300k/350k+ SQM with very low cpm in Y/J cabin on non 014 or non AC metal.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mileageking
Maybe I should have stated mistake ones don't count .

Also, I guess it's much easier to achieve half the normal SQD requirement for SE (CDN $10K/US $6.8K) with US address. SQD would never be an issue for you. Hence probably makes sense for you to rack up miles towards 250k/300k/350k+ SQM with very low cpm in Y/J cabin on non 014 or non AC metal.
Last year was the only year I didn't hit 20k AQD. It's never an issue.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:19 am

It looks like flex fares on the YOW-YVR route have been increased. It's now showing ~226$ vs 170$. I also booked a YOW-YYC direct in July for ~180$ flex which is now showing over 400$
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by z12345
It looks like flex fares on the YOW-YVR route have been increased. It's now showing ~226$ vs 170$. I also booked a YOW-YYC direct in July for ~180$ flex which is now showing over 400$
Yep, looks like Flex is now 2x Standard on those routes. Dang it.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 6:01 am

I can't seem to find much else in terms of good MRs
Old Apr 27, 2021, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Started doing my runs. Next up is YYC-YVR-YYZ-YVR-YYC. Was able to make it all work with connection times generally about an hour for all the legs.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 10:45 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Started doing my runs. Next up is YYC-YVR-YYZ-YVR-YYC. Was able to make it all work with connection times generally about an hour for all the legs.
Is that a YYC-YYZ fare? AC disallowed YVR as a connection on that route years ago, but if it's back, that would be nice.
marke190 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Is that a YYC-YYZ fare? AC disallowed YVR as a connection on that route years ago, but if it's back, that would be nice.
Flight pass. I have backtracked a number of times both on flight passes and paid fares (the last time was YEG-YUL). Maybe it is related to the lack of flights at present due to COVID. I have backtracked to YVR for flights to the EWR to catch a wide body prior to COVID. I haven't routinely backtracked prior to COVID to Eastern Canada - I may have but can't actually recall tbh.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 9:44 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Anyone want to share some wisdom / tips on how to search + book these mileage / segment runs... ?
Feel free to PM if you don't want to publicize.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 10:46 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Anyone want to share some wisdom / tips on how to search + book these mileage / segment runs... ?
I'm sure one of our EYW air-warriors could clue you in.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 11:16 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I'm sure one of our EYW air-warriors could clue you in.
I really don't think anyone has talked about anything complicated here. Booking YOW-YVR non-stop doesn't take any special insight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.