Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Mileage Runs - Ideas & Plans

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Standard fares aren't very useful for an MR.
Many of those cheap fares can be upgraded to Flex for another ~$100 r/t
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 1:59 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Many of those cheap fares can be upgraded to Flex for another ~$100 r/t
Yeah, I saw of few those when searching some YVR-YYZ. But the jump to Comfort was quite significant. At least versus a similar booking (route and date) that I made about two weeks ago.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Standard fares aren't very useful for an MR.
It is definitely achieving a balance between cpm, SQM, SQD, and eUprgade burn rate. In some ways a transcon flight pass can achieve this to a degree depending on your objectives.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
It is definitely achieving a balance between cpm, SQM, SQD, and eUprgade burn rate. In some ways a transcon flight pass can achieve this to a degree depending on your objectives.
Transcon is a relatively low value return compared to these insane summer fares.

6 YOW-YVR round-trips in Flex will get you the AQM to qualify for 25K at a cost of $2,004, but only $1380 of that is AQD, so the optimal strategy is probably to fly the same thing, with 9/12 legs in Flex and 3/12 in Comfort, for a total of $3,060 AQD and 27,552 AQM.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:13 pm

How does accumulation work for partner airlines? TAP has YYZ-ZRH return for ~ $680 for 100% miles according to their chart.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:12 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by z12345
How does accumulation work for partner airlines? TAP has YYZ-ZRH return for ~ $680 for 100% miles according to their chart.
It's based on whatever agreement that partner has with AC.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/.../partners.html

A TAP fare that credits 100% in TAP's program may or may not credit 100% to Aeroplan, so check the chart.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Keep in mind you do not receive AQD unless it is on 014 ticket stock.
z12345 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
And this will be more or less relevant to you depending on your goals ... but partner operated flights don't count for million mile accumulation, either.
aeroman380 and z12345 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 3:49 pm

It just seems crazy how much AC charges for flex fares on most international routes
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
With TAP you never really know what Aeroplan bucket it will flow into.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Price goes way up as soon as you get off the direct. Seems to be the same with those dirt-cheap YYZ-YVR fares all summer.

On an unrelated note, The Lev mentioned in another thread finding ~$1200 Lat fares FCO/ZRH-Canada and I haven't been able to replicate. Any specifics on dates and city pairs would be appreciated.
I'm seeing really cheap Y-fares for this summer. Are these worth it for a mileage run? Which fares are you looking at? I'm looking for a good CPM number.

Originally Posted by canopus27
Kinda depends. I'm not opposed to an immediate turn. In the past I've usually stayed a night. I do like Singapore ....
You said you care about MM status. I don't think AC flies to SIN so how will you make this work? The other segments will count if it's on AC metal.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 17, 2021 at 4:40 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Apr 17, 2021, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm seeing really cheap Y-fares for this summer. Are these worth it for a mileage run? Which fares are you looking at? I'm looking for a good CPM number.
We're going to Greece as soon as it's safe and practical to do so, but I also have several business trips to Europe in 2022, so if Lat costs Europe-Canada return are cheap, I'll happily fly points to Europe, then book Lat round trips Europe-Ottawa-Europe to fly those business trips.

​​​​​
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
We're going to Greece as soon as it's safe and practical to do so, but I also have several business trips to Europe in 2022, so if Lat costs Europe-Canada return are cheap, I'll happily fly points to Europe, then book Lat round trips Europe-Ottawa-Europe to fly those business trips.

​​​​​
That's great, but I'm talking about the YYZ-YVR flights that you mentioned earlier.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
That's great, but I'm talking about the YYZ-YVR flights that you mentioned earlier.
It's a bit counterintuitive, but the highest-volume route isn't the best value.
​​​​​
​​https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33178393-post64.html
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP

​​​​​
I had another look around Europe for return Lat fares to Canada (YOW this time). The only ones I could get to price out in the $1250-$1300 range started on Swiss soil...

I was looking at June/July timing.

CC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.