Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada extends Elite status and Priority Rewards to 2022, adds SQx rollover

Old Apr 4, 2021, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
I am including the link and full text of the AC Press Release issued on March 31 2021 so we have a record of the exact wording.
Mods are free to move this into a post with a reference note in the wiki.

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2021-03-31-Air-Canada-Further-Extends-Aeroplan-Elite-Status-and-Provides-Additional-Flexibility-for-All-Members

Air Canada Further Extends Aeroplan Elite Status and Provides Additional Flexibility for All Members
  • Members will enjoy their current Elite Status through the end of 2022
  • Validity of all Priority Reward vouchers issued in 2020 extended by one full year, and valid for use until October 2022
  • Other flexible policies, including a pause on points expiry, also extended
MONTREAL, March 31, 2021 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada today announced several updates for Aeroplan Elite Status members, ensuring their status remains in effect, to give them flexibility and certainty. The changes include the extension of current Elite Status until the end of 2022, in addition to a previous extension through 2021, as well as the possibility to accelerate their status qualification in the years ahead.

"Loyalty is a two-way street, and we understand and appreciate why so many of your travel plans are interrupted this year. For that reason, we are automatically extending Aeroplan Elite Status for an additional yearthrough to the end of 2022," said Mark Nasr, Senior Vice President, Products, Marketing and eCommerce at Air Canada. "These changes are some of the many ways we're recognizing our members and demonstrating our commitment to welcoming them back onboard, whenever it's the right time for them to travel again."

This is the second year Air Canada has extended the status of its Aeroplan Elite members. In order to provide greater ease and flexibility, changes for Aeroplan Elite Status members include:

Automatic extension of 2021 Aeroplan Elite Status
All Aeroplan Elite Status for 2021 will automatically be extended through to the end of 2022.

Priority Reward Vouchers also extended
Air Canada is also extending the validity of all unused Priority Reward vouchers issued in 2020 by one full year, making them valid for use until October 2022.

Elite Status Qualification Jumpstart for 2022
For Aeroplan members who earn any Elite Status through their 2021 flight activity, the Status Qualifying Miles, Segments, and Dollars earned in 2021 will be honoured the next year, jumpstarting their status qualification in the years to come.

These improvements come in addition to other changes for all Aeroplan members:

Change or cancel Flight Rewards, free of charge
Aeroplan flight rewards booked through April 30, 2021 (for travel through April 2022) can be changed or cancelled free of charge, at any time. Members who opt to cancel will receive all of their Aeroplan points back in their account, plus a full refund of any associated taxes, fees and surcharges on the unused value of their travel.

Temporary pause to expiration of Aeroplan points
We have further paused expiry of Aeroplan points until January 31, 2022. This means that between now and January 30, 2022, any points which would have expired will not. Effective January 31, 2022, our recently improved expiration policy will apply, meaning that points will expire if an eligible transaction has not been completed prior to this date.

For more information, please visit this page.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada extends Elite status and Priority Rewards to 2022, adds SQx rollover

Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
My last year's numbers magically jumped by 14502 SQM and 15 SQS. No idea where they came from.

I have all but given up trying to track this. It seems I will take what I get as bonuses for 2022 and move on.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:52 am

I received these:

Jan 4, 2022 American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card
Status Qualification Boost/ Acclrateur de qualification un statut –AMEXOther
1,000 SQM1 SQS

Feb 10, 2022 American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card
Status Qualification Boost/ Acclrateur de qualification un statut –AMEXOther
1,000 SQM1 SQS
This is in addition to the 25,000 I got with the Amex promotion.

Any thoughts on how I got this? Might I get more? One each month? Or is this some fleeting thing? I have yet to understand how this program is rolling out.

I've yet to fly and am already at 29,500 ... (bought a flight pass)
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
I received these:

Jan 4, 2022 American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card
Status Qualification Boost/ Acclrateur de qualification un statut AMEXOther
1,000 SQM1 SQS

Feb 10, 2022 American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card
Status Qualification Boost/ Acclrateur de qualification un statut AMEXOther
1,000 SQM1 SQS
This is in addition to the 25,000 I got with the Amex promotion.

Any thoughts on how I got this? Might I get more? One each month? Or is this some fleeting thing? I have yet to understand how this program is rolling out.

I've yet to fly and am already at 29,500 ... (bought a flight pass)
this is for every $5000 in spend you do on the card
Bohemian1 and YOWgary like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by Aselwyn
this is for every $5000 in spend you do on the card
Also of note, this started with the AP relaunch and is unrelated to status extension or other promos.
YOWgary likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Hs anyone had any luck with getting rollover credit for flights last year that they finally posted to your account AFTER the late January rollovers posted?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: AC SE
Has anyone whom choose Lower requalification level for 2021 benefit year get their, 5 SQS & 5000 SQM?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by caziz
Has anyone whom choose Lower requalification level for 2021 benefit year get their, 5 SQS & 5000 SQM?
Yes
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Question re rollover benefits.
Assuming I hit 250K SQM and SQD, 150K will carry forward to next year along with a banked year of SE status. Does that mean that next year (2023) with 150K carry forward SQM and 100K earned, I will have the following year (2024) SE too ? Or do I still have to do $20K SQD in 2023 ?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vernonc
Assuming I hit 250K SQM and SQD, 150K will carry forward to next year along with a banked year of SE status. Does that mean that next year (2023) with 150K carry forward SQM and 100K earned, I will have the following year (2024) SE too ? Or do I still have to do $20K SQD in 2023 ?
This promo was a one-time thing.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
But Premium credit card benefits are not, for SQM.

vernonc : SQD does not rollover, only SQM if you have a premium credit card (which admittedly is not what this thread is about)
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So it would not apply to 2022 right ?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So it would not apply to 2022 right ?
It only applied to 2022.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 11, 2022 at 3:57 pm Reason: Remove snark
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
You have to either spend the $20K or they will automatically use the banked year they just gave you to make you SE for 2024.
vernonc likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.