Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Early standby option: X class ticket. YVR-YYC-YUL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2021, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold

I booked with TK's redemption ticket for YVR-YYC-YUL. I was only able to book a flight with a 4-hour layover in YYC. If I had to book a layover with 9 hours in YYC, I would have to pay double the miles for it. I wonder if the AC check-in agent can put me on an earlier standby flight for the YVR-YYC segment?
Old Mar 19, 2021, 1:44 am

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
The western triangle (YVR/YYC/YEG) and eastern triangle (YYZ/YOW/YUL) offer standby early for all tickets (including Aeroplan redemption tickets) except Basic Economy.

For TK redemption ticket though, I am not sure.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 10:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by etkuo
The western triangle (YVR/YYC/YEG) and eastern triangle (YYZ/YOW/YUL) offer standby early for all tickets (including Aeroplan redemption tickets) except Basic Economy.

For TK redemption ticket though, I am not sure.
Yeah, standby for all tickets within each separate triangle.

​​​​​​OP is flying YYC-YUL for the last leg in question, so I believe the answer would be no.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 11:51 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by expert7700
Yeah, standby for all tickets within each separate triangle.

​​​​​​OP is flying YYC-YUL for the last leg in question, so I believe the answer would be no.
OP said he/she wants to standby early for the YVR-YYC segment. Can he/she standby early for the YVR-YYC segment if they are continuing to YYC-YUL next?
Old Mar 25, 2021, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold
Made a reservation via TK and was told by AC that I am able to standby for the YVR-YYC segment for an earlier flight. Let's see on the day if there's any surprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.