Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: My connecting flight just... disappeared from my booking?

Question: My connecting flight just... disappeared from my booking?

Old Mar 6, 2021, 12:59 am
Original Poster

My connecting flight just... disappeared from my booking?

Hey so I have an Air Canada flight on May 2 from Jakarta (Indonesia) to Hong Kong to Toronto, listed on one ticket through a third party booking website. The Jakarta to Hong Kong plane is Cathay Pacific.

A few days ago I was contacted about the Jakarta to Hong Kong part of my flight being rescheduled but still on the same day, which I was okay with. I checked "my booking" on Air Canada website and it showed the rescheduled date of that connecting flight.

Since then I have been checking the "my booking" thing on Air Canada's website everyday and... this morning the Jakarta to Hong Kong flight disappeared from my booking. No warning message about cancellation or anything like that. Now it just shows Hong Kong to Toronto.

I've contacted the booking website and they said they would contact me in 48h. Anyone know what happened? Does this look like a cancelled flight? I searched for the same flight on Air Canada website and it's still bookable so I don't think it's actually cancelled.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 1:19 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
@aliceinacidland, welcome to FT

Originally Posted by aliceinacidland
Does this look like a cancelled flight?
Yes.

I searched for the same flight on Air Canada website and it's still bookable so I don't think it's actually cancelled.
But have you looked at the Cathay website to see whether the flight is still operating? Different bits of the AC website aren't always in sync right away.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
@aliceinacidland, welcome to FT

Yes.

But have you looked at the Cathay website to see whether the flight is still operating? Different bits of the AC website aren't always in sync right away.
Yes, it's CX798 at 00.05AM which is still bookable on the Cathay website.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 10:30 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Strange. Best to talk to the OTA that booked your flight then. Not exactly great customer service that they promised to get back to you in 48 hours. Since you're new here, I'll assume you haven't already heard this one a zillion times, but this is a good example of why it's usually preferable to book directly with airlines - if you had booked with AC (or CX), you should be able to phone them 24/7 and get someone to look at it right away, rather than waiting several days for a response. Not that that helps this situation, but for next time

You could potentially try calling AC just to have them look at it and see if they can tell you what's wrong, but generally they won't touch TA bookings before travel, especially this far out.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's also possible that the ticket wasn't reissued properly, so the segment fell off. That's always been an issue with most (all?) airlines that use 1A.

If it's a 014 ticket, I think Adam's suggestion of calling AC is reasonable, but the end of the call is going to be "you need to phone your travel agent and have them fix it".
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Strange. Best to talk to the OTA that booked your flight then. Not exactly great customer service that they promised to get back to you in 48 hours. Since you're new here, I'll assume you haven't already heard this one a zillion times, but this is a good example of why it's usually preferable to book directly with airlines - if you had booked with AC (or CX), you should be able to phone them 24/7 and get someone to look at it right away, rather than waiting several days for a response. Not that that helps this situation, but for next time

You could potentially try calling AC just to have them look at it and see if they can tell you what's wrong, but generally they won't touch TA bookings before travel, especially this far out.
Yeah actually never gonna book with 3rd party travel websites anymore. Didn't know I could just book directly from the airline's website .

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's also possible that the ticket wasn't reissued properly, so the segment fell off. That's always been an issue with most (all?) airlines that use 1A.

If it's a 014 ticket, I think Adam's suggestion of calling AC is reasonable, but the end of the call is going to be "you need to phone your travel agent and have them fix it".
It's AC016, I contacted the travel agent and they asked me if I wanted to reschedule and I just asked them if May 3 was available. As long as I get a non-broken booking on early May I'm okay.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 6, 2021 at 10:01 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.