Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fees

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2003, 8:59 am
At Large

Class action suit anyone--punished edmontonian,any possibility here on broken promises?
Old Apr 13, 2003, 9:04 am

Put me in the category of those who use their miles only for leisure travel, and who book many months (6 or more) in advance.

I'm not aware of any other program charging a booking fee for my type of redemption. I see from my OnePass statement that they charge only for redemptions inside of 15 days prior to date of departure, and then the fees vary based on status.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 10:46 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by After Burner:
For me that's 100% of all award flight I've ever booked. I guess there are some people who book further in advance</font>
Yes - everyone who is not a SE (ie 99%+ of ACs customers On many routes for non-SEs booking many months in advance is the norm, and even then availability is often not there.

While I don't like the AA charge, I can kind of understand it for "last minute" bookings. The proposed AC charge for seats booked 9 months out is just a money grab.

------------------
Saturday nights should be spent with family.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 10:57 am
At Large

I think it behoves all of us to tell DC,CIBC and Rupert this is not acceptable.My ife asnd I decided at breakfast this AM to cancel both of our Aerogold visas and I'm going to give serious thought to changing my DC to one of their products not connected to AC.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 11:15 am

Programs: AA, AS, CX, BA, AC, DL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airbus320:
Aeroplan has to be inundated with a tidal wave of FF indignation. Write, fax, e-mail Aeroplan and give them heck. !

</font>

I agree with this. Everyone should write in to Aeroplan, CIBC, Diners, and any other partners. Show them who's boss.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 11:21 am

Programs: AA, AC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tractor Boy:
Yes - everyone who is not a SE</font>
I'm not SE.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 11:32 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Biggles:
Just booked an award ticket to the U.K. Taxes
and charges came to $107.00. Put a fee and fuel
surcharge on top of that and it is getting very expensive for a "FREE" ticket.
</font>
The fuel surcharge only applies to flights within Canada... at least for now.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 11:32 am

Since this news is not known by the general public, we should be organized to give the highest impact.

My suggestion to those who want to call CIBC Visa would be, let's all call on one day like next Friday. So their call centre will be made aware of how people really mind about this surcharge. 100 calls that day is better than 100 calls over the next 10 days in giving their management a wakeup call.

The other thing is that we should get this news out either through Errorplan or G&M. When Aeroplan wanted to reduced the domestic economy mileage credit last year, they quickly changed it back because of the media help. We need some help like that. Air Canada probably doesn't want to give bad impression to general public if they are desperate for government help. So we will have to make this change known to as many Canadian flyers as possible.

Think about it, they kept airport fees and surcharges to themselves as theft (according to the previous news) and now they want more? Now they are not stealing, they are robbing.

In Delta forum, the frequent flyers started a fund to fight back in media. Maybe we should do something like that, all of us contribute $20 so we can buy a page of ad in the national newspaper. Any suggestion?
Old Apr 13, 2003, 12:02 pm

Programs: LH, BA, KE
I'll pay $20 towards an ad.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 12:12 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Airbus330:
I'll pay $20 towards an ad.</font>
Me too, but is there anyone willing to be the leader to organize this? We can do something similar to Delta group. Any volunteer?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/009120.html

Old Apr 13, 2003, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by After Burner:
Originally posted by Tractor Boy:
Yes - everyone who is not a SE</font>
I'm not SE.
Given you are no longer SE, chances are you won't be able to book too many last minute trips, either that be J or Y. Unless you pay double of points for Y. Are you sure you don't want to give this change a 2nd thought?
Old Apr 13, 2003, 12:46 pm
Suspended

I'm in for $20.00,

Marc
Old Apr 13, 2003, 1:19 pm

Originally posted by StuMcIlwain:
Only if you book an award ticket less than 6 days in advance.</font>
For me that's 100% of all award flight I've ever booked. I guess there are some people who book further in advance, but it looks to me that, on balance, AC's fee is pretty low. AA is charging 4.5 times as much as AC.
WOW! You are able find reward seats to destinations that you actually want to go to 6 days in advance. You are doing much better than me in redeeming miles. I never seem to find seats to where I want to go without booking months in advance.

Old Apr 13, 2003, 1:37 pm

I'm not SE.</font>
Well I'm pretty sure that when I made my post your profile said AC-SE - it still is listed as SE in the other threads you've posted in recently. I assume you've changed it in this thread since my post or are my eyes really failing me Either way, my point stands. I'm happy that you can get seats at short notice - for non-SEs on many routes this isn't possible.

------------------
Saturday nights should be spent with family.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 1:45 pm
At Large

I'm in for $20 and more if necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.