Aeroplan's New One Way Booking

Old Jan 8, 21, 1:23 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 208
Aeroplan's New One Way Booking

Happy New Years everyone! Does anyone know when Aeroplan will rollout the new function of adding a stop (for 5k pts) on one-way awards bookings online?
TIGRIS23 is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 1:26 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: YYC, Canada
Programs: Former AC*E, WorldPerks, Air Miles
Posts: 1,723
Will be up to a year - so look for December 2021.
YXUFlyboy is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 1:55 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 21,849
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 View Post
! Does anyone know when Aeroplan will rollout the new function of adding a stop (for 5k pts) on one-way awards bookings online?
I suspect even AC doesnt know.....

I would place my bet on: never
rankourabu is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 2:05 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Ontario Canada
Programs: Hilton Gold - Air Canada 25K
Posts: 156
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
I suspect even AC doesnt know.....

I would place my bet on: never
I'm pretty sure Mark Nasr mentioned this issue recently on one of the interviews he has done recently
Aselwyn is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 2:11 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 35,289
He also mentioned we'd have an award calendar by end of 2020
Twickenham likes this.
canadiancow is online now  
Old Jan 8, 21, 2:14 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 21,849
I am sure they are also working hard on the ability to convert travel agent bookings that AC cancelled into gift cards.
Coming July 1, 2020.
nexusCFX and expert7700 like this.
rankourabu is offline  
Old Jan 21, 21, 9:41 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Programs: United 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Radisson Gold
Posts: 160
One way stopovers with call center?

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 View Post
Happy New Years everyone! Does anyone know when Aeroplan will rollout the new function of adding a stop (for 5k pts) on one-way awards bookings online?
Are call center agents able to book one way stopovers? I just tried to book JFK-FRA (stopover)-DEL and the call center agent priced it the same as online as two segments. The agent insisted there are no stopovers for one way; only round trips
frmnj is offline  
Old Jan 21, 21, 9:58 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: YOW
Programs: AC 75K, FOTSG Platinum
Posts: 3,776
Originally Posted by frmnj View Post
Are call center agents able to book one way stopovers? I just tried to book JFK-FRA (stopover)-DEL and the call center agent priced it the same as online as two segments. The agent insisted there are no stopovers for one way; only round trips
HUCA, you got a bad agent.

I've booked things like IAD-AUH-SIN no problem, and Aeroplan's leadership has said publicly that we should absolutely call in to book this kind of thing until the website is ready to handle it.
frmnj likes this.
YOWgary is online now  
Old Jan 22, 21, 12:54 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ZRH
Programs: AC SE 100K
Posts: 676
Can anyone confirm what the rule is for stops in Canada? It seemed to say they are not allowed - but I am not sure if they are saying it is not allowed for Canada-Canada tickets.

I am attempting ZRH-YYC - stop - YVR - - But online (as you have all mentioned) it was not possible.
zrh2yvr is offline  
Old Jan 22, 21, 5:01 am
  #10  
zam
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 143
No stopover allowed in NA
jlimftalk likes this.
zam is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: