FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan's New One Way Booking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2032115-aeroplans-new-one-way-booking.html)

TIGRIS23 Jan 8, 2021 1:23 pm

Aeroplan's New One Way Booking

Happy New Years everyone! Does anyone know when Aeroplan will rollout the new function of adding a stop (for 5k pts) on one-way awards bookings online?

YXUFlyboy Jan 8, 2021 1:26 pm

Will be up to a year - so look for December 2021.

rankourabu Jan 8, 2021 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 (Post 32951538)
! Does anyone know when Aeroplan will rollout the new function of adding a stop (for 5k pts) on one-way awards bookings online?

I suspect even AC doesnt know.....

I would place my bet on: never

Aselwyn Jan 8, 2021 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 32951638)
I suspect even AC doesnt know.....

I would place my bet on: never

I'm pretty sure Mark Nasr mentioned this issue recently on one of the interviews he has done recently

canadiancow Jan 8, 2021 2:11 pm

He also mentioned we'd have an award calendar by end of 2020 :p

rankourabu Jan 8, 2021 2:14 pm

I am sure they are also working hard on the ability to convert travel agent bookings that AC cancelled into gift cards.
Coming July 1, 2020.

frmnj Jan 21, 2021 9:41 pm

One way stopovers with call center?

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 (Post 32951538)
Happy New Years everyone! Does anyone know when Aeroplan will rollout the new function of adding a stop (for 5k pts) on one-way awards bookings online?

Are call center agents able to book one way stopovers? I just tried to book JFK-FRA (stopover)-DEL and the call center agent priced it the same as online as two segments. The agent insisted there are no stopovers for one way; only round trips

YOWgary Jan 21, 2021 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by frmnj (Post 32986097)
Are call center agents able to book one way stopovers? I just tried to book JFK-FRA (stopover)-DEL and the call center agent priced it the same as online as two segments. The agent insisted there are no stopovers for one way; only round trips

HUCA, you got a bad agent.

I've booked things like IAD-AUH-SIN no problem, and Aeroplan's leadership has said publicly that we should absolutely call in to book this kind of thing until the website is ready to handle it.

zrh2yvr Jan 22, 2021 12:54 am

Can anyone confirm what the rule is for stops in Canada? It seemed to say they are not allowed - but I am not sure if they are saying it is not allowed for Canada-Canada tickets.

I am attempting ZRH-YYC - stop - YVR - - But online (as you have all mentioned) it was not possible.

zam Jan 22, 2021 5:01 am

No stopover allowed in NA