Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada on CNN Business Traveller

Old Jan 7, 21, 7:53 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond

Not sure if anyone has seen the ad on CNN regarding the upcoming CNN Business Traveller program on Air Canada.

I just saw a short clip with Richard Quest interviewing Calin and other AC management executives. Looks interesting and well done.

The program ďCNN Business Traveller: Air Canada Past, Present and FutureĒ will air Saturday January 9, 2 PM in Hong Kong, 6 am GMT. I will try to find a weblink.

hoipolloi and Aselwyn like this.

Last edited by jsfrSE; Jan 7, 21 at 8:20 pm
Old Jan 8, 21, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Several years ago, while watching TV somewhere in an European hotel room, I saw Richard Quest interview with AC execs showcasing the XM J pods.
I guess this is a new one (hopefully).
Old Jan 8, 21, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Several years ago, while watching TV somewhere in an European hotel room, I saw Richard Quest interview with AC execs showcasing the XM J pods.
I guess this is a new one (hopefully).
Yes it is a new one, you can hear Calin talking about the Covid crisis in the short segment and how Air Canada is adjusting to this new reality.
Old Jan 8, 21, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jsfrSE View Post
Yes it is a new one, you can hear Calin talking about the Covid crisis in the short segment and how Air Canada is adjusting to this new reality.
Cool, gtk. Thanks for sharing. Probably won't be able to view it (might not be around a computer/screen/phone/ipad or TV at the time), but looking forward to some episode reviews here.
Old Jan 8, 21, 6:18 am

I would watch for sure 😎
Old Jan 8, 21, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

FWIW Quest used to post on FT under the handle rquesty but he hasn't been active a few years now. I'll set my PVR so thanks for sharing.
jsfrSE likes this.
Old Jan 8, 21, 7:19 am
Suspended

I looked through all of CNN USís listings over the next few days to set my DVR and canít find it. Does anyone know which day ET it will be on??
Old Jan 8, 21, 11:17 am

I get CNN International in my IPTV package. I'll record the show tonight and it may find it's way onto my server
Old Jan 9, 21, 1:29 am
Original Poster

The episode lasted 30 minutes and included footage of a previous Air Canada episode from February 2020, just before the pandemic.
Richard Quest interviewed Calin and there was an interview from Paula Newton, CNN correspondent in Canada, with Andrew Yiu, VP Product at Air Canada.
Footage included the onboard business class covid box offering and how Air Canada is adjusting to the pandemic.
Also lots of scenes from a near empty Montreal Trudeau airport.
I will try to find on the Internet a weblink for this program, worth watching in my opinion.
tcook052, Aselwyn and hoipolloi like this.
Old Jan 9, 21, 3:51 am
Suspended

Please post a link if you can as it was not shown on CNN USA. Thanks.
Old Jan 9, 21, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsfrSE View Post
The episode lasted 30 minutes and included footage of a previous Air Canada episode from February 2020, just before the pandemic.
Richard Quest interviewed Calin and there was an interview from Paula Newton, CNN correspondent in Canada, with Andrew Yiu, VP Product at Air Canada.
Footage included the onboard business class covid box offering and how Air Canada is adjusting to the pandemic.
Also lots of scenes from a near empty Montreal Trudeau airport.
I will try to find on the Internet a weblink for this program, worth watching in my opinion.
Thanks. Looking forward to the link!
expert7700 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 21, 9:04 pm

I’ve got the episode in 720p MP4 format.

Any hosting ideas that won’t break the bank or get me arrested for IP violations?

I’d rather not host it.

For the record, the program is not an example of softball journalism... it’s tee-ball journalism. I was waiting for Quest to throw rose petals at Rovinescu’s feet. There’s also very little subject matter in the piece that any regular FTer won’t know.
Old Jan 9, 21, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YYZC2 View Post
Iíve got the episode in 720p MP4 format.

Any hosting ideas that wonít break the bank or get me arrested for IP violations?

Iíd rather not host it.

For the record, the program is not an example of softball journalism... itís tee-ball journalism. I was waiting for Quest to throw rose petals at Rovinescuís feet. Thereís also very little subject matter in the piece that any regular FTer wonít know.
Methinks this was somewhat similar to the XM one Quest did several years ago... nothing new learned on that one either but for some lame reason I find watching these things quite cathartic! Plus always nice to see a former fellow FTer on TV!
Old Jan 9, 21, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Methinks this was somewhat similar to the XM one Quest did several years ago...
Was it this 2013 one?
Inside Air Canada's major restructure (cnn.com)
Old Jan 9, 21, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mileageking View Post
Yep! That's the one.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: