Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada hires influencers to promote vacation travel

Air Canada hires influencers to promote vacation travel

Old Feb 7, 21, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E50, Marriott Titanium
I'm surprised that she was still working there after taking a free trip from ACV during a pandemic when she is in charge of regulating "Border and Travel Health." Taking free trips from travel companies when you are in charge of regulating travel and border health, (an office which presumably impacts travel companies) would be a perceived conflict of interest even outside of a pandemic, and I'm amazed that this wouldn't be an ethics issue in addition to just generally poor judgement.

I'm still shocked that both she and ACV thought this would be a good idea, and disappointed in the Public Health Agency if this truly was a voluntary departure as she says: “This is truly my dream, and resigning on my own terms..."
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Feb 8, 21, 5:55 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Why do I suspect that the decision to resign wasn't really hers?
gcashin likes this.
Old Feb 8, 21, 9:01 am

Programs: AC50K, WS Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by Symmetre View Post
If you take a look at her IG post, it was all scripted and sounded kinda fake. If it was her "dream" she would not be reading off a script and would be more passionate about telling everyone.
Old Feb 8, 21, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC 75K, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Symmetre View Post
Without knowing the specifics of her previous employment, a manager-level hire in many federal agencies will still be a unionzed employee and pretty difficult to just fire. The process exists, and it's not a ton of fun for anyone involved, but there's not really a "clean out your desk, you're done here" in the way us private-sector folks would think of it.

I will say that when I decided to leave salaried employment ten years ago and launch my own full-time venture, I wrote a short announcement that talked about how excited I was.

...now, in that case, my employers weren't happy that I was leaving, and I definitely didn't have to talk about "resigning on my own terms", so there's plenty of room to read whatever you'd like in to Ms. Bake's situation.

I wonder if her client list will continue to include Air Canada, or if she's "resigned on her own terms" from them too.
tcook052 likes this.

Last edited by YOWgary; Feb 8, 21 at 2:11 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: