Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I was hoping these reports of missing rollover SQM posting might mean my missing rollover eUps would appear, but no such luck yet.
As was I. Just checked this am and still no rollover

Very frustrated with AP on this one.

CC
Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:13 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
I had 10319 rollover miles deposited (the amount above 50K from 2020). Seems that anything over what was achieved in 2020 has been rolled over. Getting to the dollar spend this year will be the challenging part to requalify.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:32 pm

Got all of my eUps, but still patiently waiting for the SQMs to be posted.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Finally got my eUps rolled over interesting they expire on the 30th of december unlike the regular ones on the 31st
Old Mar 31, 2021, 5:49 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
For those of you like myself still waiting for the Eup rollover, I spoke with an AP agent this am and he confirmed that this process is still happening and that they are running behind - so do not be overly concerned if these have not shown up in your account yet.

Given it is not April 1st yet, I take his information to be factual

CC

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 31, 2021 at 6:19 am Reason: Remove cross-posted content
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: AC SE
Can we safely assume that only eUp credits expiring Dec 31st 2021 are eligible for rollover?

That probably is how Aeroplan can distinguish between promotional or previously rolled over credits as those can't be rolled over according to the T&Cs.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
Can we safely assume that only eUp credits expiring Dec 31st 2021 are eligible for rollover?

That probably is how Aeroplan can distinguish between promotional or previously rolled over credits as those can't be rolled over according to the T&Cs.
I posted earlier in the e-upgrade expiry thread. Aeroplan website states e-upgrade credits valid in 2021 will not be extended into 2022.
More flexibility for our members (aircanada.com)
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by mileageking
I posted earlier in the e-upgrade expiry thread. Aeroplan website states e-upgrade credits valid in 2021 will not be extended into 2022.
I don't believe this applies to eUpgrade credits rolled over as a credit-card benefit. They went far enough out of their way to double-stack the premium-card AQM rollover that I'm sure they protected this benefit as well.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by mileageking
More flexibility for our members (aircanada.com)
Originally Posted by YOWgary
I don't believe this applies to eUpgrade credits rolled over as a credit-card benefit. They went far enough out of their way to double-stack the premium-card AQM rollover that I'm sure they protected this benefit as well.
I think AC's press release means that there won't be a blanket extension for eUp credits like there will be for Priority Rewards. eUp credits should still be elligible for rollover for members who hold a black credit card.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary
Originally Posted by jasdou
I think AC's press release means that there won't be a blanket extension for eUp credits like there will be for Priority Rewards. eUp credits should still be elligible for rollover for members who hold a black credit card.
Agree the CC 50 e-Up credits should roll over as per T&Cs. Anything outside of these would be expire.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:40 pm

An AP agent told me today that you have to hold the VIP or Reserve credit card as of Dec 31, in order for the eUpgrades to be rolled over.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 9:18 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by PTMBAA01
An AP agent told me today that you have to hold the VIP or Reserve credit card as of Dec 31, in order for the eUpgrades to be rolled over.
That would be highly inappropriate, considering they never advertised that requirement, and if that's the strance they're going to take, I intend to fight them on it.

Or is that only applying to December 31, 2021 onwards? In which case, it would be reasonable, since that's when the eUps expire.
Captain Canuck likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 31, 2021 at 9:35 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
That would be highly inappropriate, considering they never advertised that requirement, and if that's the strance they're going to take, I intend to fight them on it.

Or is that only applying to December 31, 2021 onwards? In which case, it would be reasonable, since that's when the eUps expire.
Are you sure? I'm almost certain I'd seen that in the T&C somewhere - it's the only reason I applied for the VIP in December rather than waiting a couple of months. I'm almost certain they had said you needed to get it before December 31 in order to rollover 2020 eups. I'll see if I can dig it up this weekend.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:38 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by martyYOW
Are you sure? I'm almost certain I'd seen that in the T&C somewhere - it's the only reason I applied for the VIP in December rather than waiting a couple of months. I'm almost certain they had said you needed to get it before December 31 in order to rollover 2020 eups. I'll see if I can dig it up this weekend.
I only looked at the T&C for the CIBC card (the one I have). The T&C for that one make no reference to needing to have the card by a certain date. And looking at the TD T&C, it looks like the same text.

Originally Posted by CIBC
CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card primary cardholders who also hold Aeroplan Elite Status will be able to roll over up to a maximum of 50 eUpgrade Credits received in the prior status year to the next benefit year. eUpgrade Credits issued on a promotional basis, as well as those already rolled over from a previous benefit year, are not eligible for this benefit. Rollover eUpgrade Credits will be deposited directly into the member’s Aeroplan account no later than March 30 of any given year, provided the member holds Aeroplan Elite Status at that time, and held Aeroplan Elite Status in the previous benefit year. If your CIBC Aeroplan credit card account is not in Good Standing, or if it is closed, regardless of reason for closure, or if the CIBC Aeroplan credit card product is changed to a different product, any unused, rolled-over eUpgrade Credits will be forfeited and removed from the member’s eUpgrade account. Benefit is only available to primary cardholders and does not apply to authorized users. Where a primary cardholder is eligible to roll over eUpgrade Credits under another Aeroplan credit card, the total cumulative rollover of all eUpgrade Credits cannot exceed the maximum of 50 eUpgrade Credits. All eUpgrade conditions apply and can be reviewed at aircanada.com/eupgrade-termsandconditions
Same text also appears on the Aeroplan website.

So as far as I can tell, it has not been publicly disclosed, but if someone else knows where it is, I'm happy to be proven wrong.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
In a chat with a blogger, Mark Nasr said they were probably going to look into implementing something like that to prevent signing up on date X and canceling on date X+10, just for the rollover benefits.

But I did not get the impression that would apply this year.

The December time makes sense when you consider the benefit year (and eUp year) is now Jan-Dec. It doesn't make sense when it was Feb-Jan.
martyYOW and Adam Smith like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.