Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Credit Card Rollover Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
I have six friends who are all elite members and all have received their rollovers, so you may have to make a written contact.
rau90 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 5:37 pm

I haven’t received my sqm yet but I did receive my rollover eupgrades this week
Old Feb 6, 2023, 6:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by painintheuk
Your 1st post on FT - welcome!

On the date that the actual upgrade happens (assuming that it does), the held credits will be refunded and then the ones with the shortest expiry chosen. You don't need to cancel and re-book/re-request to ensure that this happens.
Ah! Never thought this is the reason why they do it. I was blaming AC unnecessarily made eup transaction record too complicated but I might be wrong if it indeed serves this purpose.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Totally confused. I had got some extra credits. but then a couple of days ago, I guess I must have finally received another 50 from the rollover. Probably awash with credits I won't use. Oh well.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 11:49 pm

Programs: AC75 MM

On the date that the actual upgrade happens (assuming that it does), the held credits will be refunded and then the ones with the shortest expiry chosen. You don't need to cancel and re-book/re-request to ensure that this happens.
Thanks for this, not obvious until you explained. I was fretting about having used 26 eups that would potentially carry over to next year, and was going to cancel and retry with some from last year's carry over instead.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 8:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, BA, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Your 1st post on FT - welcome!

Double thank you! That’s great to know. Will save a lot of hassle (and worry) this time next year.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: House MD, How I Met Your Mother...
Originally Posted by rau90
When should one expect rollover of SQMs from last year?
I also got my rollover SQM credited to the tracker about a week ago. eUpgrades have also been rolled over.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 9:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
No rollover for me yet. (SE MM Black Card)

I haven't gotten my 130,000+ of rollover SQM. Also haven't gotten the 50 rollover Eupgrade credits. I have sent emails and talked with the Concierge office and Aeroplan Super Elite line and in my last conversation with an Aeroplan agent today I was told it was going to happen in March.
They did resolve one of my five current issues, got to choose select benefits with incognito mode., Still waiting for Double Priority Awards, BOG 4X bonus and the two rollovers.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 11:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
Missing Roll over eups

I ended 2022 with 54 eups and and earned 25k status during 2022 based on SQM and SQD with a TD VIP CC.

By late January 2023 eligible SQM rolled over but only 25 eups rolled over. I recall an email about things taking to the end of March but it seems unusual the way only half rolled over

Are there others with a partial eup rollover similar to me? Do I call Aeroplan or the CC company?

In 2022 i rolled 37 eups from 2021 and picked up an additional 20 + 5 due to status.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 11:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: House MD, How I Met Your Mother...
Originally Posted by leisurefly
I ended 2022 with 54 eups and and earned 25k status during 2022 based on SQM and SQD with a TD VIP CC.

By late January 2023 eligible SQM rolled over but only 25 eups rolled over. I recall an email about things taking to the end of March but it seems unusual the way only half rolled over

Are there others with a partial eup rollover similar to me? Do I call Aeroplan or the CC company?

In 2022 i rolled 37 eups from 2021 and picked up an additional 20 + 5 due to status.
You can't rollover eups that were already rolled over.
Adam Smith and TechnoTourist like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:03 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by folkart
I haven't gotten my 130,000+ of rollover SQM. Also haven't gotten the 50 rollover Eupgrade credits. I have sent emails and talked with the Concierge office and Aeroplan Super Elite line and in my last conversation with an Aeroplan agent today I was told it was going to happen in March.
They did resolve one of my five current issues, got to choose select benefits with incognito mode., Still waiting for Double Priority Awards, BOG 4X bonus and the two rollovers.
I had to phone in twice due to not receiving the rollovers despite holding a premium credit card. After several phone calls and back and forths saying I wasn't eligible, it turns out they had me marked down in the system as holding a non premium cc even though I switched over to a premium half way through last year. The agent said oops, we'll get that fixed sometime before the end of the month and you should see your roll overs....
Old Mar 6, 2023, 3:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
Originally Posted by mistytalon
You can't rollover eups that were already rolled over.
Thanks, Did not think of this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Eups rolled over.

My rollover Eups went in March 3rd. Still waiting for rollover SQMs, double Priority and BOG 4X points.

Originally Posted by folkart
Old Mar 12, 2023, 2:09 pm

My anniversary date for my Amex Aeroplan Reserve card is May 16. What's the grace period to cancel the card and get the annual fee reversed? I am hoping to get the annual worldwide companion cert for meeting the $25K spend shortly after the anniversary date but don't want to risk cancelling the card too early. Also can someone confirm that once you cancel the premium card, all the U/G credits rollover from last year will be removed from your account? I am hoping to use the U/G credits in Sep.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:19 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I do not recall the date, but when AP 2.0 was launch did AC not say they were going to pay attention to credit card games? Not saying OP is playing of course but it reminded me of some other posts.

I just can't find the thread, but I believe some who are active participants here were on that call when this was said?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.